Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,645
    Given: 1,565

0 Not allowed!

^^^Come to think of it, this assyroid template is old fashioned with that campy 80s mustache and jewfro. So that's why it looks as if most semites nowadays don't look like it. Except!!! many 2016-20s levantine dudes with beards actually DO resemble the male template if it's tampered with a nice beard and a shorter haircut:

Spoiler!

Last Online
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,519
    Given: 8,746

1 Not allowed!

simply Eurafricanid (non-Euro Atlanto Med)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post
    He is not a complete dolicho, defi more dolicho-mesocephalic. Can't find a nice profile photo, but you can clearly see that he's meso leaning and has a head shape similar to that of Schwarzenegger. Assyroids can be meso now due to intermixing, just like Meds and nordics -- who were historically dolichocephalic.

Him being meso leaning doesn't change anything tbh, because Iranomorph Meds are described by the likes of Coon and Eickstedt to be Dolicho-mesocephalic. That is not an issue

Assyroids and Anatolids are between brachycephalic and mesocephalic and little more Leptomorphic than classic urbanized Armenids, which are brachycephalic and also their frntal with the forhead gives it away.

First guy only is assyroid. The other two are classic armenoids!
    Assyroid is a subbranch of the wider "Armenoid" type. And non of them is classic Armenid. The third guy is too leptomorphic and his frontal profile from nose to forhead jumps in Assyroid.

This is another shot of the second guy.

And this is another shot of the third guy. He is definitely not classic Armenid. He has a vertical Med derived forhead. His cephalic index is brachycephalic to mesocephalic. He is actually a very good example of Assyroid.

And this "anatolid" guy...:
    I disagree this guy is clearly Anatolid. It might again be because of the shot. It's not easy to find good shots of him.

...Actually looks more assyroid than your assyroid picks, and reminds me of this assyroid figure Ayman Hariri (from the anthropology wiki https://physicalanthropologywiki.fan.../wiki/Assyroid) :
    I agree Ayman Hariri is also a very good example of Assyroid. But he looks nothing like the figure on this physicalanthropologywiki.

Morphs rarely look like real persons and how the actual type really looks like. And second I don't think whoever made that morph is an expert on physical anthrophology imo. A large number of people on the net doing physical anthropology are not very good in it imo.

Don't base phenotypes on ethnicities. It's disingenuous....!

Btw, assyroid is rather rare as most levantine looking "assyroids" are a mishmash of eastern med, anatolid and/or armenoid.
    I don't base physical types on ethnicities. And I don't actually thin Assyroid is the most common in the Levant. It is not even the only common type among Assyrians. Though it is one of the top three types. Assyroid together with alpinized types and Levant Meds (transitional from classic Pontic towards Arabid) are the most common phenotypes among Assyrians. After that Assyroid is very common among Iraqis who are by majority a mix of Assyroid, Arabids, Iranimorph types and some alpinized types.
    And Levantines are mostly Levant Meds, Assyroid and alpinized types.

Assyroid also exists among Kurds, Iranians and even Turks. Even though it's not one of the three dominant types among them.

The assyroid look is like this template below and it's uncommon among actual chaldeans, assyrians, lebanese and other Semites! More jordanians, iraqis and palestinians look like this (and some kuwaiti and saudis)...

As I wrote whoever made this morph is not an expert in physical anthropology, the reason why this morph looks more Saudi and Arabian in general is because that person actually used Arabian samples. Not a single old school anthropologists ever claimed Assyroid is more common among Saudi and Kuwaitis. Imo we are dealing here with reality distortion. There is so much wrong on this morph.

1. Saudis and Arabians are not even primarily Assyroid. Their main type over the board is Arabid (a gracile desert aopted Med type).

2. The morph does not look very Assyroid. The morph looks like someone threw Arabid and classic Armenids and Assyroids together, which creates a pseudo Assyroid type. What differentiates classic Armenid with Arabid admixture from Assyroid is that the Med component in Assyroids is more of the Levant type which is a transitional type from Pontic towards Arabid.

Actual Saudis look like this. What the "Assyroid" morph actually shows is a mish mash of Arabid, classic Armenid and Assyroid

Arabid is the most common type followed by classic armenids and alpinized types. When Arabid and classic Armenid combine it can look pseudo Assyroid. But the similarity is similar to how there is similrity between Anatolid and Assyrid too. Basically types which are dominantly (2/3) Armenid and (1/3) mixed with Mediterranean element. In the case of this morph the Med component is clearly more Arabid. And the exaplanation is because Arabians are probably used as template here.

The realy Assyroid type is a Levantine, lower Mesopotamian type with significant appearance also in Anatolia, the Caucasus on the Iranian Plateau al the way even into Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-03-2023 at 12:18 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

^^^Come to think of it, this assyroid template is old fashioned with that campy 80s mustache and jewfro. So that's why it looks as if most semites nowadays don't look like it. Except!!! many 2016-20s levantine dudes with beards actually DO resemble the male template if it's tampered with a nice beard and a shorter haircut:

Spoiler!
    I agree this morph definitely doesn't look classic Assyroid. But as I explained in my post it is not only because of the style. It is also because most of the samples used in this morph are classic Arabids and classic Armenids. While Assyroid is more like classic Armenid + Levant Med (2/3 Pontic+1/3 Arabid) or Iranimorph Meds.

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    Him being meso leaning doesn't change anything tbh, because Iranomorph Meds are described by the likes of Coon and Eickstedt to be Dolicho-mesocephalic. That is not an issue.
    I found an actual side photo of him (a video screenshot):

His occiput is almost flat, which gives him a taurid/dinaridized characteristic. So he is rather WAY into in the meso range! His long face gives him a dolichocephalic look. But his head says otherwise.

Assyroid is a subbranch of the wider "Armenoid" type. And non of them is classic Armenid. The third guy is too leptomorphic and his frontal profile from nose to forhead jumps in Assyroid.

This is another shot of the second guy.

And this is another shot of the third guy. He is definitely not classic Armenid. He has a vertical Med derived forhead. His cephalic index is brachycephalic to mesocephalic. He is actually a very good example of Assyroid.
    But their features are not Assyroid. You are clearly ruling out their overall facial features. They are not semitic enough looking. Are they classic armenoid? Maybe not! But they're more within the armenoid-anatolid range, especially the first guy, who looks like a typical Cyprian nightclub bouncer. If they were turks I'm sure you'd class them as anatolids! Above all, they are just not typical assyroid. Just because they're Iraqi that doesn't mean they have to be assyroid. This is a typical hardcore assyroid:

I disagree this guy is clearly Anatolid. It might again be because of the shot. It's not easy to find good shots of him.
    I didn't say that he's actually assyroid. I said he looks more assyroid than your 'assyroid' picks. Yes, he isn't really assyroid, nor are your Iraqi guys (except one of them), though he does bear a stronger similarities to the assyroid types than the iraqi guys. But again, the assyroid type is rare nowadays. And you actually said this as well.

I don't base physical types on ethnicities. And I don't actually thin Assyroid is the most common in the Levant. It is not even the only common type among Assyrians. Though it is one of the top three types. Assyroid together with alpinized types and Levant Meds (transitional from classic Pontic towards Arabid) are the most common phenotypes among Assyrians. After that Assyroid is very common among Iraqis who are by majority a mix of Assyroid, Arabids, Iranimorph types and some alpinized types.
    There you go, you said it's not common. Because it isn't. And that's why I don't see it in your Iraqi guys selection (besides one of them). This assyrian singer that popped out in google images does look assyroid to me:

1. Saudis and Arabians are not even primarily Assyroid. Their main type over the board is Arabid (a gracile desert aopted Med type).
    I know they're predominantly arabid, but I mean that assyroid types are more common in the Arabian peninsula than in the levant.

Anyway it's nice to see that people can respond respectfully and can debate without being nasty. You should keep that up! It's a rare thing in this forum.

I agree this morph definitely doesn't look classic Assyroid. But as I explained in my post it is not only because of the style. It is also because most of the samples used in this morph are classic Arabids and classic Armenids. While Assyroid is more like classic Armenid + Levant Med (2/3 Pontic+1/3 Arabid) or Iranimorph Meds.
    And this custom made bearded morph looks more common and normal nowadays among levantines and iraqis:

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I found an actual side photo of him (a video screenshot):

His occiput is almost flat, which gives him a taurid/dinaridized characteristic. So he is rather WAY into in the meso range! His long face gives him a dolichocephalic look. But his head says otherwise.
    His occiput is not flat. He is clearly leaning his head forward which creates the illusion of being shorter headed than in reality. Every person who leans his head forward like this will look shorter headed. Also he weights more and looks older on this photos, which again creates the illusion of being shorter headed because of extra fat and skin on the neck area.

Here are some other shots of his profile.

I even found one where he is younger and leaner. He is clearly Dolicho-mesocephalic. Was more Dolichocephalic in his younger years now more tendencies to mesocephaly.

Arnold Schwarzenegger young, leaner with less mass. Meso to dolichocephalic

Arnold Schwarzenegger now. Looks flat but he isn't suddenly Norid.

But their features are not Assyroid. You are clearly ruling out their overall facial features. They are not semitic enough looking. Are they classic armenoid? Maybe not! But they're more within the armenoid-anatolid range, especially the first guy, who looks like a typical Cyprian nightclub bouncer. If they were turks I'm sure you'd class them as anatolids!
    Above all, they are just not typical assyroid. Just because they're Iraqi that doesn't mean they have to be assyroid. This is a typical hardcore assyroid:

I clearly pointed out that both Anatolid and Assyroid are virtually almost the same and subgroups of Armenoid but with Med element to it. In the case of Assyroid a Pontic+Arabid med component in the case of Anatolid more classic Pontic that's it.
    They are virtually very similar.

And I have to disagree again. Erick Avari is clearly Iranomorph(more of the classic Iranid type)

Omid Djalili on the other hand is Assyroid

I didn't say that he's actually assyroid. I said he looks more assyroid than your 'assyroid' picks. Yes, he isn't really assyroid, nor are your Iraqi guys (except one of them), though he does bear a stronger similarities to the assyroid types than the iraqi guys. But again, the assyroid type is rare nowadays. And you actually said this as well.
    Sorry but I can't agree with you. Let's agree to disagree.

There you go, you said it's not common. Because it isn't. And that's why I don't see it in your Iraqi guys selection (besides one of them). This assyrian singer that popped out in google images does look assyroid to me:
    Yes he also looks Assyroid.

I know they're predominantly arabid, but I mean that assyroid types are more common in the Arabian peninsula than in the levant.
    I disagree. Assyroid is not the most common in the Levant but it is one of the three most common types together with a Levantine Med type and alpinized type. Also let's agree to disagree.

Anyway it's nice to see that people can respond respectfully and can debate without being nasty. You should keep that up! It's a rare thing in this forum.
    Yes you too. Virtual owd shitposting is one of the reasons why I often take a time out from these kind of boards.

And this custom made bearded morph looks more common and normal nowadays among levantines and iraqis:
    Arabid is a subtype of Mediterranean spectrum. Armenid with Arabid admixture will naturally have similarities to Assyroid or even Anatolid. Just like Anatolid will have similarities to Dinarid + Med admixture. They are virtually almsot the same but adopted to different environment based on slightly different genetic background.

Classic Assyroid is more "pseudo" Mediterranean people leaning than this type which is more common in Arabia.
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-03-2023 at 01:25 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

His occiput is not flat. He is clearly leaning his head forward which creates the illusion of being shorter headed than in reality. Every person who leans his head forward like this will look shorter headed. Also he weights more and looks older on this photos, which again creates the illusion of being shorter headed because of extra fat and skin on the neck area.

Here are some other shots of his profile.

I even found one where he is younger and leaner. He is clearly Dolicho-mesocephalic. Was more Dolichocephalic in his younger years now more tendencies to mesocephaly.
    I said almost flat, and yeah as you get older you can gain fat in the occipital lobe. I still think he is a classic meso, as is Arnold. They aren't true dolichos. Dolichocephalic is rare as well, but I'd say Adam Levine can fit the bill of a true dolicho due to his protruding occiput bun (and because everything in the head area is NARROW - forehead, face, chin, jaw):

I clearly pointed out that both Anatolid and Assyroid are virtually almost the same and subgroups of Armenoid but with Med element to it. In the case of Assyroid a Pontic+Arabid med component in the case of Anatolid more classic Pontic that's it.
    They are virtually very similar.
    Maybe that's why your anatolid guy looked assyroid-ish to me. I thought assyroid was an armenoid-arabid blend though?

And I have to disagree again. Erick Avari is clearly Iranomorph(more of the classic Iranid type)

I can sit with that, but his head seems large for a classic narrow headed iranid type. Could he be an iranid-assyroid blend?

Omid Djalili on the other hand is Assyroid
    Totally agree!

I disagree. Assyroid is not the most common in the Levant but it is one of the three most common types together with a Levantine Med type and alpinized type. Also let's agree to disagree.
    It's common, but I think the purer assyroid types get common from Gaza, Basra and down. Israel also has a lot of depigmented assyroid types for some reason. Again, if that Assyroid template had the beard and shorter hair with no mustache, it will definitely be a common one!

Yes you too. Virtual owd shitposting is one of the reasons why I often take a time out from these kind of boards.
    I troll the trolls here, the very ignorant, the nasty users and those with OWD. I am kind to those who are kind.l

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Let me give two Kurdish examples of Assyroid. Also it is not one of the three main types among Kurds. It is still a significant type among Kurds, especially Southern (Iraqi) Kurds too.

Predominantly Assyroid, though this one has also a Irano-Med element. It is rather hard to find Assyroid in it's pure form without admixture among Kurds.

In comparison Iranomorph/IranoMed Kurds from Southern Kurdistan.

Iranomoprh (classic Iranid) from Southeast (West Iran) Kurdistan
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-03-2023 at 03:16 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I said almost flat, and yeah as you get older you can gain fat in the occipital lobe. I still think he is a classic meso, as is Arnold. They aren't true dolichos. Dolichocephalic is rare as well, but I'd say Adam Levine can fit the bill of a true dolicho due to his protruding occiput bun (and because everything in the head area is NARROW - forehead, face, chin, jaw):

Adam Levine is hyper Dolichocephalic. Also because his head is very leptomorphic. As you pointed out yourself. Hyper Dolichocephaly is rare even for Dolichocephalic types like Nordid, Pontic and Gracile Med. Iranomorph types just like Atl-Med types, Dinarized Med or Skando or Keltic Nordid types can vary from mesocephalic all the way to even hyper-dolichocephalic. So Dolichocephaly in itself is a strong indication but not a must to be Iranomorph. The other factors like straight to slightly convex nose and medium(if the broader faced type) to long face. It is the combination of all these attributes which defines a IranoMorph. Classic Iranids (also called Fine/Gracile Iranid by Eickstedt here) are the West Asian equivalents to Dinarized Gracile Meds or Keltic Nordics. They are most common among Persians but also a strong element among Kurds. Like the two Black and White samples I posted which are Kurds. While the Cappadocian Med and medium broad faced types( Called Robust Iranid by Eickstedt and Euroafricanid by Coon) are the West Asian equivalents to Atl-Med and more common among Kurds but also a strong element in North Iranians.

I can sit with that, but his head seems large for a classic narrow headed iranid type. Could he be an iranid-assyroid blend?

That is the classic Iranid type. Also called Gracile Iranid by Eickstedt. morphologically it is most similr to Keltic-Nordic and to Dinarized Gracile Med.

It's common, but I think the purer assyroid types get common from Gaza, Basra and down. Israel also has a lot of depigmented assyroid types for some reason. Again, if that Assyroid template had the beard and shorter hair with no mustache, it will definitely be a common one!
    From my experience the three most common types in the Levant in this order from strongest to the least strongest. 1. LevantMed 2. Assyroid 3. Alpinized types

Among Assyrians. 1. Assyroid 2. Alpinized types 3. LevantMed or even Iranomorph Meds

I troll the trolls here, the very ignorant, the nasty users and those with OWD. I am kind to those who are kind.l
    It's ok to troll those who deserve to be trolled and it can be funny when done in the right way. But there are people who troll very aggressively without the humor in it but with extreme insults. I have seen it. Your trolling is actually quite fun.
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-03-2023 at 04:20 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokoto View Post

I admit I look too ugly to classify but at least write something
    You're actually good looking. Just change your hairstyle. Shave the sides of your head and grow a beard. It will suit you. Something like this:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information