Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default What we are up against...

Got this in my email today from a group I belong to, Secular Coalition for America:

"Dear 'Thorum',

Today, Rep. Randy Forbes of Virginia, the Founder and Chairman of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, and twenty-four other members of the House of Representatives, co-sponsored a resolution in Congress that would 'affirm the rich spiritual and religious history of our Nation's founding and subsequent history and express support for designation of the first week in May as America's Spiritual Heritage Week for the appreciation of and education on America's history of religious faith.'

The resolution, H.RES. 397, would put Congress on record as 'recogniz[ing] the religious foundations of faith on which America was built are critical underpinnings of our Nation's most valuable institutions and form the inseparable foundation for America's representative processes, legal systems, and societal structures.'

In addition, the resolution 'rejects, in the strongest possible terms, any effort to remove, obscure, or purposely omit such history from our Nation's public buildings and educational resources' and justifies the need to keep 'under God' in the pledge.

Last year, when a similar measure was introduced, 93 members of the House of Representatives co-sponsored this legislation. Write to your representative in Congress today and tell him/her that you do not want them to co-sponsor or support this measure in any way."

I have already written a letter to Congress. I smell religious theocracy somewhere in there.

Be happy if you live in Europe!! You came out of the Dark Ages centuries ago. We are still stuck there...
    Last edited by Thorum; 05-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Last Online
    04-14-2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Krauty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I've grown tired of arguing PRATT and sincerely lack the energy to carry on with it of late. It's a sad state of affairs when in the 21st century we must remind so many people of the intellectual advances of the renaissance.

I will say, however, that in the West this is overwhelmingly an American problem. The only similar subgroup in our countries is the growing Islamic column.

Thread Information