Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

As for the movie and Spielberg, there won't be a movie, it was a false rumor.

Hurriyet Daily News checked in with Vartan Abovian, the deputy director of another organization, the Armenian National Film Academy, who said he was "baffled by the story"

Spielberg will never make such movie it must be a joke to believe it will ever happen

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 08:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    The Ottoman Empire is gone. So are the people involved in the deed. There's nothing to apologize for, unless you think the old medieval concept of corruption of blood applies to today's Turks.

France might as well apologize to descendants of Huegenots for the Wars of Religion. Fortunately the Du Ponts aren't likely to whine about it for a century if they don't.
    First, again, I don't think you understand what happend. The Ottoman elite were recycled into the new Turkish state. You seem to be assuming that there is no continuity, but there is significant continuity. The new Turkish republic is only "new" in name.

There is a fair bit of debate about whether Turkey did do such a thing, and in any case the Turks of today aren't responsible for the acts of those now dead (in the case of the French they could plausibly deny any potential claims pertaining to actions against French Calvinists as well, that is if anyone bothered to bring a complaint).

I also fail to see why you think I have affinity for the Jews' shoah business. I do think the Nazis overreacted massively and murderously, but the Holocaust lobby, like the Armenian Genocide lobby, is little other than a political and financial shakedown operation. If anything Jews are doubly guilty as they got this con rolling.
    Again, Turks of today are responsible.
    Last edited by PBachman; 02-19-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Last Online
    03-11-2012 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

There is a fair bit of debate about whether Turkey did do such a thing, and in any case the Turks of today aren't responsible for the acts of those now dead (in the case of the French they could plausibly deny any potential claims pertaining to actions against French Calvinists as well, that is if anyone bothered to bring a complaint).

I also fail to see why you think I have affinity for the Jews' shoah business. I do think the Nazis overreacted massively and murderously, but the Holocaust lobby, like the Armenian Genocide lobby, is little other than a political and financial shakedown operation. If anything Jews are doubly guilty as they got this con rolling.
    wrong, another idiotic statement.. Nazis overreacted massively, yet Turks didn't? are you honestly a pan-europeanist? or just a very well spoken and sly troll?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AFC_Lad View Post
    wrong, another idiotic statement.. Nazis overreacted massively, yet Turks didn't? are you honestly a pan-europeanist? or just a very well spoken and sly troll?
    It's as safe to say that the Turks and Germans acted excessively as it is that Jews and Armenians are abusing that fact for their own self-promotion today.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-28-2012 @ 10:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Pred. Austrian, Serbian
    Ancestry
    Austria, Serbia, Poland, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Northdick
    Politics
    Silesia Je Moravia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

Good! That film Ararat was terrible.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PBachman View Post
    Clearly, Joe, you as an American can't champion your globalist vision of empire via support of Israel and condemnation of Iran when you continually sacrifice your moral currency for nothing more than supporting genocide denial. No European nation can; it is a reality. Lies don't last long and in the end via guilt by association the any entity that supports liars becomes not only a lier in this case, but also a criminal.
    The crux of the problem as it relates to me is not that I don't take a strong position either way on the past squabbles of Armenia-Turkey but that I oppose the attempt by Armenians to use a century old event as a weapon to corrupt US foreign policy. They are determined to destroy the US relationship with Turkey, which as it stands serves our national interests. I make no apology for denouncing agents of influence trying to control US foreign policy on behalf of a foreign power, especially when many of these agents are (at least nominally) Americans.

The United States was not involved in the events in question, nor should Congress be faced with votes on it any more than it should the Spanish Inquisition. Trying to implicate Americans for refusal to be drawn in to your blood feud is insulting and outrageous.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by HamshenaHay
    Are you serious? Then why did the Germans apologize to the Jews? Or the Australians to the Aboriginals? There are many similar cases.
    If you haven't received the memo yet I'm not too keen on these victim lobbies generally. It becomes a weapon to extort cash and acquire power for the hustlers concerned.

I don't know how much you know about this issue, but I know from first hand that my great grandfather lost his entire family to the massacres. His property, his history, his family everything taken away and today the Turks are not willing to recognize the events even took place.
    I don't think any reasonable person says the Turks deny any of this occurred. They merely say it wasn't genocide.

So no my friend, modern Turks are not passive on this issue at all.
    I never said they are 'passive'. I said they weren't guilty of the events that occurred a century ago, which is a given as they weren't alive then. They certainly do resist the Armenian victim cult. That isn't anything I ever disputed.

“The Turkish government has spent millions on Washington lobbying over the past decade, much of it focused on the Armenian genocide issue. The country's current lobbyist, the Gephardt Group, collects about $70,000 a month for lobbying services from the government in Ankara, according to federal disclosure records. Public-relations firm Fleishman-Hillard also has a contract with Turkey worth more than $100,000 a month, records show.”
    Yes, more foreign lobbying that should be outlawed, but one must note that the Armenia stuff is largely done in response to the agitation by Armenians, many of which claim to be Americans.

There is no debate, there is only the appearance of debate created by the Turkish government, their lobbyist and corrupt historians.
    Men like Bernard Lewis are not in the pay of Turkey, or 'corrupt historians'. They just disagree with you.

I wander what would happen if the German government would say the massacres of Jews happened because of the “war” and it wasn’t “planned”.
    Well, there is the question of facts involved, not the matter of 'Because Germany has succumbed to Holocaust guilt so should Turkey.'

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45,003
    Given: 45,081

0 Not allowed!

The crux of the problem as it relates to me is not that I don't take a strong position either way on the past squabbles of Armenia-Turkey but that I oppose the attempt by Armenians to use a century old event as a weapon to corrupt US foreign policy. They are determined to destroy the US relationship with Turkey, which as it stands serves our national interests. I make no apology for denouncing agents of influence trying to control US foreign policy on behalf of a foreign power, especially when many of these agents are (at least nominally) Americans.

The United States was not involved in the events in question, nor should Congress be faced with votes on it any more than it should the Spanish Inquisition. Trying to implicate Americans for refusal to be drawn in to your blood feud is insulting and outrageous.
    But why is the US involved in the Jewish Holocaust cause then? Where is the difference? You are just siding with Turkey for geopolitical reasons.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But why is the US involved in the Jewish Holocaust cause then? Where is the difference? You are just siding with Turkey for geopolitical reasons.
    The US shouldn't be involved there, either. The only real role the US played in the Holocaust was to end it.

Jews just happen to be better organized than Armenians. It's the same principle of insolent meddling though.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    07-13-2017 @ 06:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 509

0 Not allowed!

The US shouldn't be involved there, either. The only real role the US played in the Holocaust was to end it.

Jews just happen to be better organized than Armenians. It's the same principle of insolent meddling though.
    It is also unnecessary to have Holocaust museums in the USA. But no we have a large one in Washington DC our nations capital.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information