PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Asexuality - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Asexuality

Banned
    Last Online
    07-25-2020 @ 05:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    UK/Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Celto-Germanic
    Religion
    Chaos-Gnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I will admit this, though... I have many many days where I just feel "nothing" in terms of sexual desire in any way.

I've lived with a depressive illness since I was 15 though... So I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Society also doesn't help... There really seems no "reason" to desire anyone or anything anymore. Too many plastic morons abound.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    I will admit this, though... I have many many days where I just feel "nothing" in terms of sexual desire in any way.

I've lived with a depressive illness since I was 15 though... So I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Society also doesn't help... There really seems no "reason" to desire anyone or anything anymore. Too many plastic morons abound.
    It does. You can bet on it.

As far as your 3rd statement, that's depression speaking.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

I do think too much emphasis is put on sex nowadays. It sucks, especially for fat turds like me that can't get laid.
    So do something about it.

Last Online
    01-31-2017 @ 11:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

This is a plastic world and we soon will become plastic as well. We struggle like crazy to be beautiful, slim, fit, young, popular, desired... and I really don't see any reason for that. We are being indoctrinated with examples of perfection and it sticks to our mind so badly that we are not able to think differently. We are just getting more and more stupid through the years.

All I wrote is so sad and trivial that it almost hurts.

Eating all your Kings and Queens Atlantic Islander's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-29-2014 @ 05:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Azores
    mtDNA
    H1
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,204
    Given: 10,750

2 Not allowed!

Default How to Understand Asexual People

Asexual people are people who experience no sexual attraction, although some asexuals, including but not limited to gray-asexuals do experience sexual attraction at one time or another. This does not mean that these people have a disorder, and they can be quite happy the way they are.

1. Note the difference between asexuality and celibacy. Asexuality is not the same thing as celibacy. Celibates are people who may have sexual attraction, but refrain from sexual activity, whereas asexuals have no sexual desires with any gender. Not all asexuals are celibate.

2. Don't confuse asexuals with homosexuals. Asexuals are not closeted homosexuals. Asexuals have no sexual attraction to their own gender, ruling homosexuality out as an orientation. Some asexuals are homoromantic, however. Asexuals are able to be romantically attracted, and can identify with many different romantic orientations (panromantic, biromantic, hetero-romantic, homoromantic, lithromantic, sapioromantic, etc).

3. Understand that asexuals are not people who have repressed their sexuality. Celibates refrain from having sex (temporarily, such as until marriage, or permanently, such as some priests), while asexuals usually have no sexual thoughts about their spouse even in a strong marriage.

4. Don't expect change. Asexuals will not change if they "meet the right person". Asexuals are usually born asexual and will usually be asexual for their entire lives, just like any other sexuality. Implying that they can be "fixed" is very insulting.

5. Understand their motivations. Asexuals are not against having non-sexual relationships. They just don't have the desire to engage in sex. Many asexuals have partners. Some have sex for a variety of reasons (emotional intimacy, reproduction, etc), though they are not sexually attracted to their partner. On the flip side, understand that some asexuals are sex-repulsed (meaning that sex may make them feel intensely uncomfortable, and even the thought of having sex or anything voyeuristic could make them feel literally sick.)

6. Being asexual does not mean they do not like touch. Just because a person is asexual does not mean that they do not like touch. They just do not have any desire for any kind of sexual touch. Some asexuals can be touch averse, however. Touch aversion and the lack thereof depend on the person and not their sexual orientation. It would be best to ask.

7. Avoid thinking of asexuals as having a disorder. It is not listed as a disorder in the DSM-IV. They do not choose to be asexual, and many asexuals are perfectly happy being asexual and feel that there is no need to "cure" asexuality. Being asexual usually changes little about a person's behavior; they may not even seem asexual by all outward appearances.

8. Understand that most asexuals are not asexual because they have been sexually abused. There is no known cause for being asexual, just as there is no known cause for any of the other sexual orientations.

Tips

An asexual person is the same person they were before they told you they were asexual. You don't need to treat them differently unless they specifically ask you to.
    Don't be offended if he or she is not interested in a relationship. Understand that asexuals do not experience sexual attraction or experience very infrequent sexual attraction, so he/she will most likely turn you down if you just want to "hook up".
    Grey-Asexuals are individuals who may become sexually attracted to others depending on the circumstance. Demisexuality, for example, is a kind of Grey-Asexual who can become sexually attracted to those they form strong bonds with.
    A term used frequently is "ace", which is a shorthand version of the word "asexual".
    Keep in mind romantic orientation is not the same as sexual orientation.
    In addition, some asexuals are aromantic, meaning they either do not experience or have no interest in romantic relationships. If this is the case, then they will not be interested in a romantic relationship. Many asexuals are also wary of dating those who do experience sexual attraction, because they anticipate that their potential partner will expect sex or misc. sexual favors.
    If you are in a romantic relationship with an asexual and you are a sexual person (heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, pansexual, etc), communication is vital for you and your partner to know what your partner is and is not comfortable with.
    There are several symbols for asexuality. One is to wear a black ring on the middle finger of your right hand. Another is either the Ace of Spades or the Ace of Hearts. Yet another are the asexual colors: black, grey, white, and purple. Black stands for asexuality, grey for grey-asexuals, white for sexuals, and purple for community.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-21-2020 @ 07:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Russian/Crimean Tatar/Bukharan Tajik
    Ancestry
    Russian/Bukharan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Sami People
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 (Balkan)
    mtDNA
    Y1 (Eskimo/North Asian)
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid + Gorid; Berid + Alpine/Taurid
    Hero
    Ded Hassan, my father
    Religion
    null
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 951

0 Not allowed!

It is not normal:
    1)Hormonal deficiency (testosterone and other sex hormones)
    2)Neurochemical imbalances (deression, mental illness, hyperactivity of pineal gland (in normal mature human pineal gland is supressed since puberty, otherwise infantility/schizo/asexuality occur))
    Wanting romance relationship and zero sex is also an illness - normal male human animal should always want to have animalistic sex.

Last Online
    03-03-2021 @ 03:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Celtic
    Ethnicity
    English, Irish, French, German
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Island of Jersey, Germany, Sicily, Belgium, Austria, Czechoslovakia
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    E-V68
    mtDNA
    H72
    Taxonomy
    Keltic/Norid
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Naturalist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 53

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakha View Post
    It is not normal:
    1)Hormonal deficiency (testosterone and other sex hormones)
    2)Neurochemical imbalances (deression, mental illness, hyperactivity of pineal gland (in normal mature human pineal gland is supressed since puberty, otherwise infantility/schizo/asexuality occur))
    Wanting romance relationship and zero sex is also an illness - normal male human animal should always want to have animalistic sex.
    Many asexuals have had their hormones checked and have not been diagnosed with a mental illness, but are still, in fact, asexual.

I also find it disgusting that you think everyone should want to behave animalistically about sex, when the act in itself is inherently emotional and prior to modern times was primarily a means of reproduction. In a time where overpopulation is growing and economic sources are frail, it'd be best to not have a disturbing sex drive which can lead to unwanted pregnancy. There is evolutionary value in having "emotional" beta and omegas in a social group even if most people value the alpha, as there is likely and evolutionary reason for alternative sexuality or lack-thereof, even if you value heterosexuality.

Last Online
    07-22-2022 @ 08:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dravidian (albino)
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Albino Indo Melanid
    Hero
    Meade Skelton (my best friend)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 345

0 Not allowed!

100%
    Last edited by Gamaliel; 07-04-2022 at 03:44 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 67

0 Not allowed!

I think many Asexual people are Asexual because they either have low hormone or they don't get turned on very easily.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmac View Post
    I think many Asexual people are Asexual because they either have low hormone or they don't get turned on very easily.
    Many studies say it's not a hormonal issue. But it could be linked to depression if there are no other issues.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information