08-25-2012 @ 12:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Politics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

As others have said killing or arresting Kony won't stop the shit that goes on with child soldiers and tribal wars in africa. These lands and societies are so less developed to where we are that most westerners don't understand that this isn't just one evil motherfuckers doing. Rather it's a symptom of how fucked up that continent is.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nglund View Post
    "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

And nothing's more destructive than an idea that has outlived its purpose.
    For all our lives we have been told that Africa was devastated by [civil] war, famine, disease, etc...yet their population has grown from 221 million in 1950 to reach 1 billion in 2009. And somehow Africa needs more support (or shall we say 'charity') from the West?
    This video presents us a one dimensional villain: we do not understand his motives...other than "he is not fighting for any cause, but only to maintain his power"...turns out his group is a militant pseudo-christian nationalist army.
    They left that out of the equation....
    I pity those who are actually naive enough to fall in that kind of facebook demagoguery. I really do.
    We should not ignore the long-term effects of that idea.
    As a matter of fact, it's quite coincidental that they released this video in the wake of the US presidential elections. I bet Obama did this in order to deviate the current attention held on his presidency.

A lot of people don't the major scams and corruptions are going with the charity being brought in. Africa is being used as a money pot through which corrupt tycoons and others of a Plutocratic mentality are channeling a money flow. A lot of the money that supposedly is supposed to be used to help these people live in a semblance of order and civilization is being re-directed for the sake of people's greed, selfishness, and the powerful leaders in Africa.

A lot of big businesses and Plutocrats are using the powerful leaders in Africa as puppets for their pursuits to possess economical and political power. The great crime is that everyone focuses on the non-profit and charity movements going to aid the poor Africans who are victims of Civil War, Famine, and Disease.

The problem is that a lot of the negative movements in Africa are being fueled by Western aid sources. The powerful and corrupt leaders in Africa are getting some of the money and resources that are supposed to be used for the people in Africa. At the same time when we go into Africa we are not doing anything to make sure they don't breed out of control.

These people are completely hopeless, and aiding them will only hurt our cause and prolong their misery. I suggest we cut off all aid to Africa, but some powerful Western non-profit organizations and charity movements would not support this. They would ridiculous claims that it would go against their Christian spirit, but in actuality they achieve some sort of economical gain out of "aiding" the Africans.

They are failing to address some issues and are negligent in part, because in part they are in it for themselves. On the other hand there is a part of the situation which they can't control, because they people's biology, environment, and cultures makes them completely hopeless.

Their governments are going to be constantly pushing scams and forms of manipulation to take in as much money and power as possible. Africa is nothing but a hopeless place full of shams and corruption, which can only be used as a place for greedy and corrupt Tycoons and Plutocrats to make lots of money.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-11-2012 @ 01:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Saxon, Norman
    Country
    Scotland
    Politics
    Progressive Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

The "Invisible Children"? What a load of shite. All those hipsters ever did was guilt-tripping other middle-class white people (like themselves) into buying their videos and T-shirts and bracelets. Western sentimentalism at its worst. It's a favourite hobby of the over-privileged to whine and cry about Africans or Amazonians or whatever trendy cause in the third world they've latched onto. Anything to feel morally superior, I guess. Apart from milking attention for themselves and their pet cause celebre, those hipster cunts won't change a thing with their facebook demagoguery and gay bracelets.

I have no problems with the good man Joseph Kony, he's merely running an African army with African methods. Him and his Christian child-soldiers are welcome to have Uganda, for all I care.

Last Online
    07-22-2012 @ 12:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hamshentsi, Hemshinli
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Yes it's a peculiar story, I actually heard on the news today that the people in Uganda don't want any foreign intervention, they want to deal with Kony themselves. They are actually more afraid of foreign military coming over to their country than Kony himself. They told about an example where a humanitarian worker asked the local ladies who has lost at least one child to Kony, all of them stuck their fingers up, but then she asked who wants foreign military intervention in order to capture Kony no one stuck a finger. Besides Kony terrorized the area for over 26 years and today his activities are at a lowest point, he's more like fugitive now. It's weird no one did anything when he was in power and now they make it an issue. I'd rather see people in Uganda capture Kony and bring him to justice themselves. Better give the charity money to Ugandan government under special supervision from the west, let them form an army then and police their own country. That's eventually what they need to do, otherwise many Konys will follow in the future.

Last Online
    04-19-2013 @ 04:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkasion
    Ethnicity
    Chechen
    Ancestry
    Maternal Finnic/Baltic, Paternal- Vainakh(Noxcho) Grozny/Shatoi/Vedeno
    Country
    Chechnya
    Taxonomy
    Mtebid
    Politics
    No.
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25

0 Not allowed!

I understand that as Europeans, from the perspective, that such a man like Kony is typical terror for Africa, that you may not think it is your business... but if you discredit that and say that it is not a hideous situation for this children, then that is ignorance, I'm sorry. It's easy to say if you are not familiar with abduction and slaughter and heinous crime.

Also, this organization i am not so sure, I heard that most of the money goes to organizers own salary and expenses.

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Old
    Hero
    José Antonio Primo de Rivera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

I don't know enough about the organization's initiative to give a solid opinion, and I feel lazy enough to do it right now, but I have become skeptical over the years about such organizations or NGO's, which eventually turn out to be a mob of crooks. I could exclude Cáritas Española for example (which is the only organization that has been helping Spain and Spaniards during our crisis, while our trade unions kept stealing from our pockets). I would rather trust missionary type of stuff like "Misionarios Combonianos", though, which really works without the need of flamboyant propaganda and sensationalism.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-28-2012 @ 10:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Pred. Austrian, Serbian
    Ancestry
    Austria, Serbia, Poland, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Northdick
    Politics
    Silesia Je Moravia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

I hope Europe doesn't get involved. It saddens me to think that Western European governments spent billions ousting Gadaffi, an ally of the west, while it giving the impoverished Greeks the cold shoulder.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Al
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,263
    Given: 1,460

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

"The powerfull" video had me lost at the moment showing yong blond girl teenagers squizing hard huging the african black teens, so emotinal in fact, had me cussing U2's bono for starting all this shit

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    What makes you think this isn't real?
    It's been around for years, Nglund. I've been a part of it for four years. I've sent letters to governments, emails to people about this. I'm an online activist for the Invisible Children Movement.
    Kony kidnaps young boys, turns them into child soldiers and if they try to escape, he kills them. It needs to stop. Now.
    I think I've read a book about a kid who underwent something like this. It happened in Africa....Sierra Leone to be exact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information