View Poll Results: Was Russia better off under the USSR?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 25.58%
  • No

16 37.21%
  • Yes and no

13 30.23%
  • Undecided

3 6.98%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Was Russia better off under the Soviet Union?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,098
    Given: 5,253

0 Not allowed!

Russia's political and economic structure is designed for being communist. Lots of natural resources and big amount of labour force...

Banned
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 06:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Intergalactic
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Taxonomy
    Balto-CM/Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Can you change whats happened? No. Get over it. Learn the lessons and move on, build your life the way things you don't like would never happens again.
    No I can't change anything that doesn't mean I cant talk about it, I noticed russians are really bothered when remembered of the atrocities they committed.

Associating communism with Russia is plain stupid. The ideology itself was created by German Jews. Then it was promoted by many Europeans. Its fulfilled its potential not in Russia but in Russian Empire which at the time included the territory of USSR plus Poland and Finland. So every ethnicity on the territory of former Russian Empire equally responsible for communist revolution. If you'll study the makeup of communist leadership you'll be surprised to find very few Russians in it.
    No it's not stupid although the ideology was created by german jews it never rose to prominence in Germany or any other country except Russia. Responsible my ass, Bessarabia split from Russia the next month after the revolution (2 months later they united with Rumania), my people had nothing to do with the revolution and they didn't want to have anything in common with communism or Russia. I find it hard to believe that polish people (or any other minority of the then Russian Empire, but especially the polacks) had any responsibility in that tragic event, they are renowned for their anticommunistic beliefs, they were the ones that started the end of the red plague. All minorities where prisoners of that horrible empire.

Yes I know that soviet communist leadership was overwhelmingly jewish but that leadership would've meant nothing without the boots of russian soldiers, they were the ones that made possible the expansion of communism and the enslavement of dozens of nations.

So all your fuss is only because communists banned accumulation of personal wealth? Its pathetic.
    Nothing pathetic about that, I hope you dont get to lose everything you gained at the hands of nobodies from another nation. Private property is the backbone of todays economy, it is a fundamental right just like the freedom of speech. If it were only for the confiscation of everything they had it would've been fine, but that wasn't all, 1 million people were killed or deported from Bessarabia by the soviets in 50 years of occupation.

by the way you sound very much like a communist when you say: "accumulation of personal wealth" like it's crime or something ...

I believe Joe asked if Russians today living better lives than in Soviet Union. If you want to compare life of average citizen in USSR and 'communism-free countries' in 1970's feel free to start other topic.
    I guess you're right here. I'm sure Joe will start a thread on that particular topic as well, wont you Joe ?

Last Online
    04-27-2014 @ 11:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian,Ukrainian
    Country
    Russia
    Religion
    Russian Orthodox Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 274

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    No I can't change anything that doesn't mean I cant talk about it, I noticed russians are really bothered when remembered of the atrocities they committed.

No it's not stupid although the ideology was created by german jews it never rose to prominence in Germany or any other country except Russia. Responsible my ass, Bessarabia split from Russia the next month after the revolution (2 months later they united with Rumania), my people had nothing to do with the revolution and they didn't want to have anything in common with communism or Russia. I find it hard to believe that polish people (or any other minority of the then Russian Empire, but especially the polacks) had any responsibility in that tragic event, they are renowned for their anticommunistic beliefs, they were the ones that started the end of the red plague. All minorities where prisoners of that horrible empire.

Yes I know that soviet communist leadership was overwhelmingly jewish but that leadership would've meant nothing without the boots of russian soldiers, they were the ones that made possible the expansion of communism and the enslavement of dozens of nations.

Nothing pathetic about that, I hope you dont get to lose everything you gained at the hands of nobodies from another nation. Private property is the backbone of todays economy, it is a fundamental right just like the freedom of speech. If it were only for the confiscation of everything they had it would've been fine, but that wasn't all, 1 million people were killed or deported from Bessarabia by the soviets in 50 years of occupation.

by the way you sound very much like a communist when you say: "accumulation of personal wealth" like it's crime or something ...

I guess you're right here. I'm sure Joe will start a thread on that particular topic as well, wont you Joe ?
    To be honest nobody cares about your problems.and not interesting read your raving megillah.

У кого правда, тот и сильнее © С. Бодров

Last Online
    06-17-2014 @ 03:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    US,American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

I've noticed that some of the most anti-Russian views on this and other forums seem to come from Trans-Caucasian posters. And I find that very interesting,and a shame. I think Russia would like to have good relations with all the former Soviet Republics and especially the Christian ones. It seems that the Armenians understand that but the Georgians don't.Georgians,even leaving aside their having caused the short war a few years ago,have an anger towards Russia. But don't they realize they owe their very existence today to Russia. Had the Russians not came to the Trans-Caucasian region in the 17th-18th-19th centuries Georgia would have suffered the fate of the Armenians. They were almost dead as a state,and the Ottomans would have quickly taken them over. Then,either they would have been converted to Islam,or if staying Christian,been destroyed like the Turks did to the Armenians.And we'd be talking about a Georgian Genocide to match the Armenian Genocide. With the takeover by Russia,many Georgians were accepted into the highest levels of Russian society and the Georgian people survived as an ethnic group. Certainly,like all the peoples of the Soviet Union,Georgians suffered during the bad days of the purges. But remember,several of the main instigators of the purges were Georgians themselves. Who doesn't remember that Stalin himself,and Beria were both Georgians. And the blood of millions of ethnic Russians as well as other peoples including Georgians were on their hands. But on the other hand compared to other peoples in the Caucasus regions and south of there in Turkey and Iran their neighbors.Georgia,Armenia,Azerbaijan,had a much more educated population,and their republics were modernized far more than their neighbors. However much Georgia,may have suffered under Russian and then Soviet rule. They gained much more from that rule.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

0 Not allowed!

Other than the first 30 or so years after the commie revolution, yes. Largely due to the economic and social collapse that followed the breakup. Post Stalin USSR>modern Russia>tsars>>>>>>Stalin regime(hell on earth)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information