View Poll Results: What kind of pet(s) do you have?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cat

147 54.04%
  • Dog

131 48.16%
  • Rodent (mice, hamsters, rabbits...)

18 6.62%
  • Reptile (lizards, frogs, snakes...)

17 6.25%
  • Bird

19 6.99%
  • Other

33 12.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Your pets

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Oresai View Post
    All cats are evil imo. They are the true overlords of the world. And they know it...

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Ireland, Sweden.
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Politics
    SNP
    Religion
    Heathen
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Tis true though about cats..I once rescued one from an overfriendly dog. My reward? He scratched my eyeball. Vicious wee beast.
    And my hound Lassie, who loves the entire world, including cats for some daft reason, was out walking the beach with me one day when a nearby cat decided to take offense at her presence and launched itself at her! One stunned hound wearing a splayed cat like a facehugger from Aliens!
    Ever since then she runs away from cats...

Last Online
    03-30-2009 @ 10:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    The netherlands and germany.
    Politics
    right direction :P
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

I love animals, i used to have a whole zoo at home but since i broke up with my ex i only have my dog Isa and two cats that my mother has loki and Milo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6308971.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	260  

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Here's mine. She has her own CatBook profile and all

One of my dreams is to be able to own land in the countryside so that I can have many dogs and cats and other furry little creatures in the yard
    Last edited by Absinthe; 08-08-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    One of my dreams is to be able to own land in the countryside so that I can have many dogs and cats and other furry little creatures in the yard
    Wouldn't that be perfect - so much more rewarding than our day-to-day grind, don't you think? My girlfriend and myself have toyed around with this idea for a while now. We have also envisaged taking in the injured foxes, hedgehogs etc and nursing them back to health.

We once saved a huge Barn Owl from death a couple of years ago. We were driving from my girlfriend's house late at night and we spotted it sitting in the middle of the road, we slowed down and we noticed that it had a broken wing. It kept looking at us but it didn't move, so with some trepidation we decided to put it into the back of our 4x4, (Luckily we were both wearing gloves as it decided to try to resist our rescue attempts!). We knew of a local animal charity, so immediately we took it there and insisted that if the cost of saving his/her wing was prohibitive and they decide to put it down, that we would both pay to save its life. Anyway, if I remember correctly, 4 months later a local ornithologist/bird handler had phoned to inform us that they were planning to release the bird back into the wild and that if we wanted to witness it, we could. It was amazing, we both had tears in our eyes when we could see the bird flying into the darkness, but the feeling of elation and sadness was something we've never experienced before.

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Ireland, Sweden.
    Taxonomy
    Baltid
    Politics
    SNP
    Religion
    Heathen
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39

0 Not allowed!

Drawbacks of having lots of beasts around you....
    they need care every single day of the year...no sick days off unless you get someone to fill in for you, not even Jul.
    Veterinary fees...unless you live out in the wilds like I do, in which case it`s worse, no vet at all here, so I have to be animal doctor and mercy killer when terminal illness strikes...
    speaking of which, if you have a tendency to grow very attached to them, they will most likely die before you. With one or two pets, this is bad enough, but if you have a lot of animals and disease, old age or accident strikes, it can feel devastating.
    Cost....they need food, medicine, bedding, housing, etc...and if you do have access to a vet, exhorbitant fees.

Benefits...it`s been proven folks with pets tend to live longer, more content lives.
    Companionship....to be honest, a lot of the time I prefer the company of my lovely old hound over many folks.
    Laughter...my ducks waddling never fails to make me grin. My hound trying to look, to visitors, as if I never feed her, likewise.
    Satisfaction, especially if you take in rescue animals, knowing you`re giving them a better life and the care they lacked otherwise. Even more so if the poor beasts have been abused.
    Loyalty..there is nothing, imo, to beat the loyalty a happy hound can give you. An example is my last collie, a placid and friendly beast..except to one particular man who fixed the phone line. To him, Spot snarled and growled and in the end I`d to lock him up til the man fixed the line then left. Turned out the man had a habit of beating and kicking his own dogs....so I trust a dogs instincts implicitly.
    Love. Mushy as it sounds, my hound loves me, and I love her. And that is worth a great deal. She never criticises me, never complains, or judges me. She`s always there to greet me with an overenthusiastic wagging backside, lopsided grin and her own way of `talking` which is to whine annoyingly til I`ve fussed her to her satsifaction.
    But there`s been many days I or the the son has struggled to go out to the barns to see to the goats and poultry, despite feeling dreadfully ill.
    I think those things must be borne in mind when deciding to have animals. Other than that, I think taking on every single creature I`ve had, even the ones I ate/butchered/tanned, was one of the better things I did.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oresai View Post
    Companionship....to be honest, a lot of the time I prefer the company of my lovely old hound over many folks.
    Somehow, this sounds familiar!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-30-2012 @ 05:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    The Cult of Odin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

These here were my favorite animals of all time..

I loved Missy so much..when I was a boy we'd run around and around and around my Granny's house..I can still see it in my head..I'd look down while we were running and say.."come on Missy"..I'd get mad at my Momma and hug Missy and say "I Love Missy more than you"..No body told me when she died..I had been away and I was out in the yard calling for her.."Here Missy" She had that hip thing wrong with her that they get, she didn't act like it hurt either, my Granny wouldn't just kill her,..she crawled around for a long time like that..she was tough as they get..

Look at Bigshot under my Granny's ole' timey washing machine..( If only I had one of him trying hump on Missy)

I loved that cat too..the mackerel tabby Tiger..He was born there and lived his whole life there and died right there at the edge of that porch..the black one I called Panther..he left and never came back..I guess because Tiger was the dominate kitty..

Later,
    -Lyfing

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

This was my first dog, Cugo.

He loved snow.

I'm trying to find a way to attack Cugo without him noticing.

He was an excellent guard dog. My uncle came up to our house one time to pick up something and Cugo wouldn't let him out of his truck because he didn't know who he was. He also used to go out at night and howl and bark at the deer. It was always nice to hear him outside guarding at night.

Last Online
    03-06-2021 @ 01:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian with a touch of Irish
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Arizona
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Great, I was hoping there was a pet thread somewhere here!

This is my Rottweiler/Hound mix Caesar. Such a loyal dog, always by my side.

Here's him going down his favorite slide at the park:

Hiking last summer:

An adorable picture of him as a puppy:

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information