Rightish
    Religion
    Don't even go there!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Hallstatt Nordid Origins. Your Opinion

As we all know, C. Coon (right or not) concluded that the Hallstatt Nordid was a result of depigmentated greater Mediterranean 'Danubian' stock that later blended with the Corded type flooding out of the Eurasian steppes - an event termed Convergent Evolution.

I seem to have problems accepting this theory. Then again, I don't (nor should I) really know either.

What's your opinion(s).
    Last edited by OldNo.7; 04-03-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Correction

Last Online
    12-26-2012 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Bulgarian
    Taxonomy
    Adriatid/Pontid/Borreby CM
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

I desagree with this theory.
    "Човек дори и добре да живее умира и друг се ражда, но оставя това което е съградил."

Banned
    Last Online
    04-04-2012 @ 06:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Iranid (notable Corded traits)
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Politics
    Rightish
    Religion
    Don't even go there!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    I desagree with this theory.
    Yah, me to.

Get an opinion mate?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-22-2017 @ 09:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

If I remember correctly Agrippa said Proto-Nordoids or robust Mediterranids moving to the North and there in mixing with already existing light Dalofaelids/Chromagnids receiving their light pigmentation of hair and eyes.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Politics
    Rightish
    Religion
    Don't even go there!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Geminus View Post
    If I remember correctly Agrippa said Proto-Nordoids or robust Mediterranids moving to the North and there in mixing with already existing light Dalofaelids/Chromagnids receiving their light pigmentation of hair and eyes.
    Yeah, I like Agrippa's opinions, real educated guy - cool-headed too when it comes to dealing with some people on this forum. I've always trusted the guy's opinions.

Well, I guess its obvious that the Corded (Proto-Nordid) type was involved. Just who they blended with is the big question.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

Corded types were merging with a variety of types producing even specialized types when they merged. This production of specialized types especially occured in Scandinavia where you have the Tronder type and Gotatype(Basically a pure and unaltered Classical Nordid type with additional Corded tendencies).

A lot of these types, especially Halstatt types would merge with Cro-Magnon/Faelid types, which accounts for some of the robust Halstatt Nordid types. I have seen Halstatt Nordid types, who have a strong enough Cro-Magnon component to mirror Tronder types, but it goes to show how much Halstatt's and Cro-Magnons blended at times.

That said Halstatts tended to live in isolation at times, and this is what differentiates their evolutionary process from that of the Tronder. Its possible the types which came out of Eurasia were not all that dark in the first place, but there were of course Proto-Mediterranid types, which swept up from the South all the way from the Mesolithic Era to the Bronze/Chalcolithic Age.

These Proto-Mediterranid strains are still to be seen throughout the British Isles and Western Europe in the North Atlantid/Nordo-Mediterranid Atlantid types. That said the strain has weakened considerably, and something similar could have happened regarding the Eurasian Corded types, which migrated into Europe from the East.

The Keltic-Nordid type for instance, which is a Ironage type, seems to show some darker components at times, but this must be due to a strong Dinarid tendency which exists in it.

It seems that a lot of these Nordid types merged with a variety of other types that were present within their environment, and thus they adapting by merging with each other to some extent or another. The East-Nordid type merged with some strong Balto-Cro-Magnon type for instance to create the Kurganoid type.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Politics
    Rightish
    Religion
    Don't even go there!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    Corded types were merging with a variety of types producing even specialized types when they merged. This production of specialized types especially occured in Scandinavia where you have the Tronder type and Gotatype(Basically a pure and unaltered Classical Nordid type with additional Corded tendencies).

A lot of these types, especially Halstatt types would merge with Cro-Magnon/Faelid types, which accounts for some of the robust Halstatt Nordid types. I have seen Halstatt Nordid types, who have a strong enough Cro-Magnon component to mirror Tronder types, but it goes to show how much Halstatt's and Cro-Magnons blended at times.

That said Halstatts tended to live in isolation at times, and this is what differentiates their evolutionary process from that of the Tronder. Its possible the types which came out of Eurasia were not all that dark in the first place, but there were of course Proto-Mediterranid types, which swept up from the South all the way from the Mesolithic Era to the Bronze/Chalcolithic Age.

These Proto-Mediterranid strains are still to be seen throughout the British Isles and Western Europe in the North Atlantid/Nordo-Mediterranid Atlantid types. That said the strain has weakened considerably, and something similar could have happened regarding the Eurasian Corded types, which migrated into Europe from the East.

The Keltic-Nordid type for instance, which is a Ironage type, seems to show some darker components at times, but this must be due to a strong Dinarid tendency which exists in it.

It seems that a lot of these Nordid types merged with a variety of other types that were present within their environment, and thus they adapting by merging with each other to some extent or another. The East-Nordid type merged with some strong Balto-Cro-Magnon type for instance to create the Kurganoid type.
    Interesting. Much appreciated.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-04-2020 @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ainur
    Ethnicity
    Vala
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Yamnaya Barbarian from Steppes