Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women in the workforce: feminist victory or economic necessity?

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cool View Post
    Good luck sustaining a economy when half of your citizens are home. You are also forcing people into gender roles which is wrong as gender roles change all the time and change depending on the culture. There are matriarchal societies you know.
    Except that the United States and indeed the West as a whole emerged as an economic power in just those labor conditions: Most women stayed at home.

Secondly, frankly only ass-backward tribal societies are matriarchal and your attempt to portray gender roles as fluid is laughable. Women are built to give birth; men are built to protect. Black society is largely matriarchal because the men abandon their roles as protectors and leave the family unit.

What exactly so frightens the left about stay at home motherhood? Oh I remember, Engels called the traditional family unit "oppressive" and it needs to be torn to shreds.

Lefty platitudes, always.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon View Post
    Some do.
    When she has small children at home? If so, I'd call her a shit parent.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagergeld View Post
    When she has small children at home? If so, I'd call her a shit parent.
    Easy for you to say when you have no kids of your own. Walk a mile in her shoes before you judge.

For example....right now, I am working on my Masters Thesis Project. It is a fucking nightmare. Having my son at home alone with me (he is a very inquisitive 4 year old) makes it IMPOSSIBLE for my higher cognitive function to fully kick in. We have put him in daycare for 3days/week so I can get my stuff done. My husband is gone all but about 10 days of every month....and several of those 10 days he is home he spends recovering from jet lag and a schedule that never stays the same.

My son is my responsibility....but I have less than 8 weeks before this project is due. So he is in daycare for the first time in his life....and guess what?

He LOVES it. Granted, we picked a decent neighborhood daycare that is reputable and has been operated by the same Director now for greater than 20 years. Every time I pick my son up, he is happy and playing with the teachers and the other kids his age.

He doesn't get that at home because he is essentially an only child now. All of his sibs are MUCH MUCH older.

Until you have a child of your own, no mother is going to give a crap what you have to say, because you don't know what the hell you are talking about. This is not directed at you specifically, Lagergeld....but rather at any childless adult who has the audacity to go judging mothers for making a decision in the best interests of their family and children.

Walk what you talk here, or your opinion holds no validity.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-15-2024 @ 03:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,022

2 Not allowed!

Feminist Victory my butt, it's economic necessity since many women can't afford to be dependent on their husbands or bfs due to various elements. Women need to work also so they will not be oppressed by the males wich often happens.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Send me $ and I'll place an ad of your choice here 2Cool's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-23-2013 @ 09:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanticized Celtic-Germanic-Aryan master race
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagergeld View Post
    Except that the United States and indeed the West as a whole emerged as an economic power in just those labor conditions: Most women stayed at home.

Secondly, frankly only ass-backward tribal societies are matriarchal and your attempt to portray gender roles as fluid is laughable. Women are built to give birth; men are built to protect. Black society is largely matriarchal because the men abandon their roles as protectors and leave the family unit.

What exactly so frightens the left about stay at home motherhood? Oh I remember, Engels called the traditional family unit "oppressive" and it needs to be torn to shreds.

Lefty platitudes, always.
    It's not about being frightened... it's about giving people the choice of doing what they want with their lives. Also you ,emtality that omen -> child birth, men -> protect was all good and dandy when we were hunter and gatherers but now? Meh. We don't have the same needs that we needed back then. Btw, quick question for you: you know in Europe, back when it was mostly an agrarian society? Do you think that the women stayed at home while the men were talking care of their crops? Because in many occasions, women were helping the men + taking care of the kids.

Also I don't know what you talking about. Female workforce was very important to make the West boom like they did. Also let's not forget their important role during the world wars. Women are also around 50% of the workforce. In some countries it's more, in others it's less. You can't just remove such a large amount of the working population like that.

It's pretty sad that you guys claim to be a European Preservation Forum yet are oblivious to concepts such as gender equality. Concepts that started mainly in the West and Europe. Your mentality fits nicely with countries like Saudia Arabia though.
    Fernando Pessoa
    "O mar com fim será grego ou romano: O mar sem fim é português."

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    07-13-2017 @ 06:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 509

0 Not allowed!

Good luck sustaining a economy when half of your citizens are home. You are also forcing people into gender roles which is wrong as gender roles change all the time and change depending on the culture. There are matriarchal societies you know.

But what if a woman wants to become a Doctor? Oh she can't now? But why? Oh I see, her role is to stay home to take care of kids while the father works and provides for the family. And what if a man wants to be a stay at home dad? Oops too bad you can't. Besides, if women are always home why do they need to vote? It's not like they'll be affected by it government since they are always home. I guess we could remove their right to vote as well then? Going to school would also be useless. You don't need to know calculus to know how to cook a meal and breast feed.

This is pretty closes minded way of seeing the world. I honestly think such thinking stems from insecurity. Insecurity that a woman can be more successful than you and can make more money than you etc. Personality I would rather a more confident woman that knows what she wants and is independent. I don't want to spineless woman with no back bone who's only worth is to do house chores. That wouldn't set a good example for my kids.

btw I'm not a feminist. In fact I hate most of them since I feel they are not concerned with gender equality and are more only concerned with pushing female rights. A lot of the serious ones also don't shave their arm pits and smell weird.
    Sorry ladies I love you but feminism is destroying western civilization

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In the 1960's one person working could provide for a family of 5 or 6. Now it is very different.

Send me $ and I'll place an ad of your choice here 2Cool's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-23-2013 @ 09:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanticized Celtic-Germanic-Aryan master race
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberyak View Post
    Sorry ladies I love you but feminism is destroying western civilization
    Yeah life was better when women stayed home and men went to work, then they go see their friends, drink and enjoy themselves. Then they could come home at whatever time they wanted since their wives were 100% dependent on them and if they talked back, the husband could just make her stfu and bitch how he had a busy/hectic day while he's on the couch and she's cooking while trying to look over the kids. The men could also have a couple of "lady friends" on the side and the wife would never suspect a thing since she's always home. Great stuff. Man, no wonder divorce rates were so low back then.

Man, life was great back then... if you were a white male.

Again give people the choice, don't force them into gender roles.
    Fernando Pessoa
    "O mar com fim será grego ou romano: O mar sem fim é português."

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-15-2024 @ 03:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,022

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberyak View Post
    In the 1960's one person working could provide for a family of 5 or 6. Now it is very different.
    True, but women should get their economic independence because most often they become at the mercy of the males and very easy to be abused when they are dependent and some controlling males take a sick advantage of it. There is nothing wrong with a woman providing for herself and as well as a means of protection.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah life was better when women stayed home and men went to work, then they go see their friends, drink and enjoy themselves. Then they could come home at whatever time they wanted since their wives were 100% dependent on them and if they talked back, the husband could just make her stfu and bitch how he had a busy/hectic day while he's on the couch and she's cooking while trying to look over the kids. The men could also have a couple of "lady friends" on the side and the wife would never suspect a thing since she's always home. Great stuff. Man, no wonder divorce rates were so low back then.

Man, life was great back then... if you were a white male.

Again give people the choice, don't force them into gender roles.
    I can only dream about the good old days cant I not?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information