Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do to make it better?

Last Online
    03-13-2020 @ 11:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian/Italo-Norman
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese/Italian
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Alpine/CM
    Politics
    Elitist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    My doctor won't give me benzos. He'll give me zyprexa, which I refuse to take.
    I´ve given up on going to psychiatrists/psychologists. They´ve never helped and often just made things worse. I was extremely shy as a child, and somewhat of a daydreamer (didnt always pay attention in class) so my mother sent me to a shrink and they diagnosed me with ADD and started giving me Ritalin and Prosac, even though there was nothing really wrong with me. Even at 8 years old I was smart enough to know that I didn´t really need these meds.

After a few months I decided I was sick and tired of being drugged, so I stopped taking them in secret and made an effort to be more attentive and sociable in school. The doctors were amazed at how I had improved, so I told my mother the truth. The doctors then asked my mother and the school nurse to make sure I swallowed my meds, which caused even further harm to my confidence and self esteem. I felt like there was something wrong with me, that I was stupid or crazy and needed medication in order to be a normal child.

As the years passed, the Ritalin and Prosac started causing behavioral problems and eventually I was able to prove that I did´t need them. But I feel as though a lot of my anxiety and depression stems from those years where I was forcibly medicated. I also now have a phobia of all doctors.

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Politics
    Eurocentrism, Human rights, Anti-Putinism
    Hero
    The Mother Goddess
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 1,158

0 Not allowed!

In my opinion the drugs can help avoiding and reducing the problem but they can't solve it. I was addicted to antidepressants with illegal Lithium and I could say that they made me numb and forget about my anxiety/ manic depression but they didn't solve my problems. The thing that made me feel better and stop taking drugs was my religion, it really helped me being more positive, calm and social. Breaking the anxiety circle and it's sources is the best way to start the change.
    До твоя олтар утъпкана пътека води...

Let virtue distinguish the brave

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    I don't really do anything but tough it out. Cry if I'm alone.

Having a bad day today.

My doctor won't give me benzos. He'll give me zyprexa, which I refuse to take.
    Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome is very serious.

If you are suffering from withdrawals then your doctor should be obliged to prescribe a reduction schedule for you.

The Ashton Manual:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

can advise you how to reduce and manage your dependency.

Also there is a new medication for Generalised Anxiety Disorder

Usually physicians will start the patient on a low dose of pregabalin and increase it gradually, depending on the patient's evaluation. Its therapeutic effect appears after 1 week of use and is similar in effectiveness to lorazepam, alprazolam and venlafaxine but pregabalin has demonstrated superiority by producing more consistent therapeutic effects for psychic and somatic anxiety symptoms. Long-term trials have shown continued effectiveness without the development of tolerance and additionally unlike benzodiazepines it does not disrupt sleep architecture and produces less severe cognitive and psychomotor impairment; it also has a low potential for abuse and dependence and may be preferred over the benzodiazepines for these reasons.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin#section_4

The patent has yet to expire (predicted 2018) and thus it is more expensive.

Benzodiazepines came after barbiturates. Pregabalin, baclofen and gabapentin are the new range of wonder drugs. I'd be cautious, but they look less addictive, on paper.

Zyprexa is addictive, which is why, I assume, some docs like to prescribe it (to ensure their patients take their medication) and yes, they make one fat.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,949
    Given: 45,035

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    I´ve given up on going to psychiatrists/psychologists. They´ve never helped and often just made things worse.
    Come to Doctor Loki, he will sort you out.

Seriously ... I've helped myself, now I want to help others as well.

I don't know why .. I've become interested in medicine and psychiatry over the last few years, and it is one of my favourite fields of interest (not just Turkey and Albania ).

My sister has been an intensive care nurse for over 20 years in the most demanding hospitals of South Africa, all the time dealing with severe injuries, gunshot wounds, emergency operations and such. The fact that she comes to me for advice quite frankly astonishes me ...
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    03-13-2020 @ 11:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian/Italo-Norman
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese/Italian
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Alpine/CM
    Politics
    Elitist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    My sister has been an intensive care nurse for over 20 years in the most demanding hospitals of South Africa, all the time dealing with severe injuries, gunshot wounds, emergency operations and such. The fact that she comes to me for advice quite frankly astonishes me ...
    Some people are just naturally good listeners and easy to talk to. I find that talking to a good friend is often much more helpful than going to a doctor that does not know me well or understand me the way a friend does.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

I then decided to stop drinking coffee and caffeinated drinks for a week, just to try it out. Voila! No anxiety! Or at least less.
    Maybe I could try that.

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

0 Not allowed!

Currently I am taking 18g of Inositol, 12g of Soy Lecithen, and 8g of triphala

Two peer review study showed that Inisitol when taken in 12 and 18g does worked the same as or better than Fluvoxamine without the side effects for people with panic attacks along with a range of other conditions

Fluvoxamine CR (controlled release) is approved to treat social anxiety disorder.[2] Fluvoxamine is also prescribed to treat major depressive disorder (MDD) and anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder
    Soy Lecithin for brain function in general and Triphala used for my Vata (air) constitution it has a very stron kapha (earth) and pitta (fire) quality to it that helps ground me and keep me calm.

Sesame oil messaged on my forehead and bottoms of my feet before bed and a low processed food diet help but I still deal with things as my diet has been off and depression hits me and I get off track.

Over all though things are better for me; I've been working on this for years and I have come to realize my body at this age is changing and I am constantly adjusting between diets: 80/10/10; high fat, high protein low carb; raw vegan (local); raw vegan (whatever); high dairy (80% calories); a almost pure meat diet; mostly or whole fermented etc... Now I am eating mostly dimsum (cheap, accessible, and large amounts) and I am doing okay

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

How do you eat the inositol? As a big lump of candy?

A zero-carb sweetie which acts as an anxiolytic... Nice.

Ayurveda is for the long-haul. It is difficult when fad diets are everywhere. I just want to be thin etc., but we supposedly aim for immortality, enlightenment and perfect health.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

0 Not allowed!

Its a powder; I am told its water soluble but I am kind of iffy about that information; so I normally take it with grass-fed milk yogurt (whole) as it seems to assimilate faster and longer in my body.

At a very small taste its sweet but I seem to also notice an almost citric-sharp/sour taste but it gets masked in the already sour yogurt.

I totally understand Ayurveda I can't go 100% but there are a number of ashrams, centers, settlements in and around SF Bay were I could, if I wanted to but I just don't think its wise to eat like that in a climate that has a very different set of seasons.

puttin' in yer windies Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2013 @ 04:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

0 Not allowed!

Since my insurance is not accepted by the nearby clinic I've got to improvise, I find that rackin' on my banjer helps but it only goes so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information