View Poll Results: Do you have Asperger's Syndrome?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

29 35.37%
  • No.

53 64.63%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Who here has Asperger's Syndrome?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I don't have Aspergers or OCD. I'm just interesting in genetics and now mostly genetic studies that come out. My interest in genetics is definitely a bit obsessive but I don't have any psychiatric diagnosis and I'm not very into routine (unfortunately which I wish I was better sometimes in that area). This forum can be a bit addictive however. This place also has more male posters and Aspergers/Autism is more prevalent in males.
    And Unicorns are more prevalent in the woods around Camelot

Psychiatric insiders have openly admitted the lack of science to their area of operations. Allen Frances (cited in Whitaker and Cosgrove 2015: 61), for example, has recently stated that the mental disorders given in the DSM are “better understood as no more than currently convenient constructs or heuristics that allow [psychiatrists] to communicate with one another.” This has included the classic constructs of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (formerly manic-depression), of which the mental health researcher Joel Paris at the Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, has admitted “[i]n reality, we do not know whether [such] conditions … are true diseases” (cited in Whitaker and Cosgrove 2015: 61). Even National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) director and strong advocate of biomedical psychiatry, Thomas Insel (cited in Masson 2015: xii), announced on the release of the DSM-5 in 2013 that the categories of mental disorder lacked validity and NIMH .
    would no longer be using such diagnoses for research purposes.Despite the claims to “progress” made by official historians of psychiatry such as Lieberman and Shorter, there is no evidence for the supposed “science” of psychiatry. There is no test for any mental illness, no proof of causation, no evidence of successful “treatment” that relates specifically to an individual disorder, and no accurate prediction of future cases. Thus, the claim that psychiatric constructs are real disease has not been proven. Consequently, it is necessary to utilise the existing evidence to more accurately theorise the real vocation of the psy-professions in capitalist society. As the faulty knowledge claims of the DSM are summarised by Burstow (2015: 78, emphasis original), “reliability cannot legitimately function as a validity claim and no studies have established validity”; therefore, “it follows that … no foundation of any sort exists for the DSM categories. This is a serious issue that calls into question the power vested in psychiatry.” It necessarily leads us to consider such institutions as moral and political enterprises rather than medical ones (Szasz 1974: xii) because psy-professionals make historically and culturally bound judgements on the “correct” and “appropriate” behaviour of society’s members

https://usa1lib.org/book/5895002/0c6635

Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R-FGC32320
    mtDNA
    U2e2a1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 309

2 Not allowed!

I scored 13.

0-29 No austism

https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-test

Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,808
    Given: 11,607

0 Not allowed!

I used to score high on autism scales.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Rafael Passoni; 07-27-2023 at 12:36 AM.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 246

0 Not allowed!

As a realistic minded gen z female, I do wonder. But then I see apt demonstrations, and I think, "nope".
    "Virtue grows stronger at the wound"
    "There is safety in discrimination"
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,187
    Given: 7,472

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Barba View Post
    21 of 40 lol. Dunno what it should mean, just I'm very confident in social communication, I easily "read" people and their intentions usually, I notice tiny details, shades, I have this thing called premonition, but having all these I love being alone and have repeating activities, I love to do the things the same way for years, I can eat the same food for weeks without need of constant rotation etc.

Scoring in this range means it may be a good idea to monitor your symptoms and keep track of the severity of these behaviors and when they are present. Further evaluation is typically recommended when these behaviors begin to interfere with your ability to navigate life, school, and relationships. If you’re concerned or want more information, consider scheduling an evaluation with a qualified healthcare or mental health professional for further assessment and potential treatment options.

Last Online
    08-28-2023 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    21 of 40 lol. Dunno what it should mean, just I'm very confident in social communication, I easily "read" people and their intentions usually, I notice tiny details, shades, I have this thing called premonition, but having all these I love being alone and have repeating activities, I love to do the things the same way for years, I can eat the same food for weeks without need of constant rotation etc.

Scoring in this range means it may be a good idea to monitor your symptoms and keep track of the severity of these behaviors and when they are present. Further evaluation is typically recommended when these behaviors begin to interfere with your ability to navigate life, school, and relationships. If you’re concerned or want more information, consider scheduling an evaluation with a qualified healthcare or mental health professional for further assessment and potential treatment options.
    Your Total Score: 15 out of 40
    Results of your Autism Screening Quiz
    I think I got a high score for autism because I don't like reading books about dinosaurs.
    Усе буде добре!

Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R-FGC32320
    mtDNA
    U2e2a1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 309

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    You need to score over 30 for red alert. Having some routines or solitary hobbies isn't neurological disorder.
    At least I think so

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 1,933

0 Not allowed!

I was diagnosed with PPD-NOS under the DSM-IV at age 6 due to delayed social-emotional development. I did not have sufficiently developed pervasive interests to be classified as Asperger. I liked to play with my dolls and could not relate well with other students conversations. Eye contact was also quite variable as I would only avoid it before the other person's social expectations were clear to me which could take several encounters. I was uncomfortable mainly because I could not process body language and infer peoples thought process quickly enough to not seem awkward. I could be easily overwhelmed with unfamiliar stimuli so I needed much repetition and preferably consistent routines to acclimate myself. As I reached adolescence I became more confident in my intuition and took more risks leading to growth. My social skills significantly improved during those years to the point where I doubt I would have been diagnosed with ASD as a teenager under the DSM-V if I had not already had a previous diagnosis.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,357
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Your Total Score: 14 out of 40
    Results of your Autism Screening Quiz

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,357
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Seems Im far being autistic based from several online test I took, but personality I do feel I might have a disorder that I might not really be aware.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information