View Poll Results: Do you have Asperger's Syndrome?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

29 35.37%
  • No.

53 64.63%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here has Asperger's Syndrome?

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Cold Breeze View Post
    What about a small touristic meditarennean small city or an island by the sea,a small boat or cute little farm ?
    I live on a small island now, I hate it.

Sibiriin Huiten Salhi Siberian Cold Breeze's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-27-2023 @ 04:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stepnomad
    Ethnicity
    Il-Khans/ Bayat
    Ancestry
    Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    YecüC
    mtDNA
    MecüC
    Taxonomy
    Eurasian
    Politics
    AltanOrd'icism
    Hero
    Chinggis Khaan
    Religion
    Tengri biz menen
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,067
    Given: 3,867

0 Not allowed!

Hmm ok ..i understand your point..

Listen to -->>

Kam Ata - Tengri Teg -TAMU

There is no hierarchy in nature, only harmony. No chosen people, no chosen race, no soul slavery. My true beloved ones are Black Earth and Eternal Blue Sky

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Probabily i'm an Aspie, but i never took a professional test, only this.

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Last Online
    08-02-2012 @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Français
    Ancestry
    France
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Gaulois
    Politics
    Celle du doigt levé
    Religion
    Militantisme tiède
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Perduellio View Post

There's no professional test to take, you just happen to be somewhat different from an early age and psys try to put a name on your 'difference' if it's out of the norm enough.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tel Errant View Post
    There's no professional test to take, you just happen to be somewhat different from an early age and psys try to put a name on your 'difference' if it's out of the norm enough.
    Obviously it isn't only by this test that i assumed i'm an Sapie, but for a several situation/way of thinking i had (and i continue to have) throughout my life.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,706
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    Yes, Aspergers exists, but I think like ADHD, it's overdiagnosed.
    Yeah, I know of people with Aspergers. It's like they're unaware of feelings or emotionally detatched and lack good hygiene or manners.

Don't believe every Yes vote here is like that.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Never been diagnosed with it because I've never seen doctors much (about 4 times in my life - I'm healthy ).

I noticed as I grew up that my behaviour was weird - a can't communicate with people I don't know, I dislike things that most people like, I obsess about things and study them.

I think I have Asperger's + social anxiety (the two usually go together). I don't want to be diagnosed with it though, it'd just be something for the authorities to take advantage of - I heard about a couple with Asperger's who had their baby taken away because the social services prejudged them!

I generally dislike people interfering in my life and business so getting diagnosed with it and having it in my medical records would just be another millstone around my neck. It's not something which I can change, I know about it and it is there so I must live with it.
    I personally cannot stand people who use disorders such as this to gain sympathy or more in some cases. I knew another guy with Asperger's before, he was always playing on it and using it as a weapon in arguments.

My sensory overload can get quite bad. Usually, it will start out alright, but as time passes and if the causes or pressures to my senses increase I get increasingly uneasy. The biggest concern is movement. If too many people move around me, I will freeze up, involuntarily. Usually this only lasts a few seconds, and I used to think this was normal for everybody. Then there's noise; this is probably the most distracting. Usually it is a problem only if the noise is sporadic, meaning there is no pattern to it. Certain sounds also bother me. Anything like a bass to a stereo, that has very strong vibrations that can be felt affect me, and I usually freeze up or get very angry(I mean very angry.) Then there is texture of certain foods. I can't eat ground beef, unless it's cooked a certain way, or I'll vomit involuntarily. I don't mind the taste, but I absolutely hate the texture of it. If many of these occur at once, I can either freeze up for minutes, or I'll have a meltdown where I isolate myself or pace with very methodological thought-processes, usually my special interest, to calm me.
    I don't think I've had it that bad, I just hate social situations and don't do well in them. I live in the suburbs so can go into the countryside to escape sometimes, but around here you meet other walkers - annoying!
    I want to live somewhere quiet. Isolated houses cost too much so somewhere in a small village would be nice. I know of such villages in the Pennines where property is cheap too so I may move to one if I can.

In the suburbs there are too many neighbours, cars, lawnmowers and motorbikes going past all the time. It's too noisy, I just need peace and quiet somewhere without many people.

Finally, there are my problems with social interactions. This isn't quite that pronounced compared to the other two. Usually, as I said, I lose any reciprocation if I get involved with an interest. Other than that, I have some trouble with subtle sarcasm(if it's not inflected in the tone), and especially have trouble if people say things they don't mean, or hint with their body language. I have trouble if a social event is changed sporadically, and I can't persist in groups. Being in a group larger than 3 just makes me feel wrong. Overall, I don't empathize with too many people, with the exception of a select few. I've also been described as too blunt, over-analytical, and a party crasher.
    Yeah, same here. I hate being around too many people, especially ones I don't know.

All of these characteristics have been common since I was young, but since I had high grades, and my parents weren't really the type of parents to look at development stages and see if I correlated, it was overlooked until recently - a year ago. Mostly, my parents just thought it was my personality that caused these characteristics.
    My parents never took much notice I don't think. I'm smarter than everyone else in my family so get called the "brains of the family". I wish I had my brother's charisma though.

I saw a psychiatrist, after a particularly horrible meltdown; he diagnosed me with OCD and Social Anxiety Disorder. I believed the psychiatrist wasn't thorough, and at that point I chose to have another psychiatric evaluation with somebody more thorough. I was then diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and HFA(High Functioning Autism) was only left out because there was no evidence of language delay.
    I had language delay as a kid, not too badly though. I also had dyslexia which I mostly grew out of (the only part left is bad short term memory). The ironic part about the dyslexia is that I was amongst the worst at literacy in primary school but when I left high school I was actually quite good at it.
    My grammar isn't amazing but I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read and write, I'd have no access to information then.

I feel overwhelmed, sometimes I panic to go out to take a breath..
    City life is not for me ,i m suffocating .I dream living a rural area close to nature,with plants, animals ,walking on grass barefoot ,swim in sea
    May be I m allergic to modern life
    Same here. I don't really like telling people though, it's embarrassing.

It's like they're unaware of feelings or emotionally detatched
    Yes

and lack good hygiene
    Oi!

or manners.
    I have impeccable manners.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,069
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    My parents never took much notice I don't think. I'm smarter than everyone else in my family so get called the "brains of the family". I wish I had my brother's charisma though.
    This happened in my family too.. my brother is the one with a great social life, and I'm antisocial and smart.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Perduellio View Post

I took that quiz before but I've forgotten the exact results so I'll take it again.

Results:

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 163 of 200
    Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
    You are very likely an Aspie

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information