!
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    That's quite surprising, in light of what you were doing there. Perhaps your instructors were below par.

As to the other two criteria that you weren't able to fulfill, I'd say that weight training was in all likelihood the missing component.
    Sadly I dont bend at all! I cant even reach my toes.. in any way!!! My body is just cursed and sadly most of my fat is located where its most difficult to get rid of it. Hips, thighs and butt.

Looks like Ill be eating broccoli and eggs the next 10 days.

Last Online
    03-21-2013 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    --
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Talvi View Post
    Sadly I dont bend at all! I cant even reach my toes.. in any way!!! My body is just cursed and sadly most of my fat is located where its most difficult to get rid of it. Hips, thighs and butt.

Looks like Ill be eating broccoli and eggs the next 10 days.
    Definitely the best place for a girl to carry her fat, IMO.

Anyway, I feel your pain on not being very flexible naturally. Following a dedicated stretching regimen hasn't made a world of difference in my flexibility, but it has been responsible for at least a marginal improvement.
    It seems to me that I have lived alone—
    Alone, as one that liveth in a dream:
    As light on coldest marble, or the gleam
    Of moons eternal on a land of stone,
    The days have been to me. I have but known
    The silence of Thulean lands extreme—
    A silence all-attending and supreme
    As is the sea's enormous monotone.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Talvi View Post
    No. I was doing mostly aerobics, pilates and yoga.

I didnt lose weight, I didnt get stronger and I cant bend better.
    The aerobics might have undone your efforts in Pilates and yoga, but yoga should be six days a week.

Expect to become stronger slowly, making sure that you don't over-train and undo your hard work by resting and eating well.

The joy of yoga is that the cumulative effects are lifelong youthfulness, and you are at just the right age to start, and would be placing yourself amongst an elite of individuals who practise, like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aka 'Prince William and Kate Middleton'.

There is so much wisdom encoded within the science.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

If you are naturally inflexible then it does not mean that yoga would be fruitless for you. Some people just are, especially those born prematurely, and one reaches a plateau and it takes months of painstaking effort, and suddenly the muscle gives up and one achieves victory! Marvellous!

Yes carbohydrate restriction works, but you could also have one or two days a week just eating fruit. I might try this after what Jon Snow has said.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

korkolola

0 Not allowed!

I wonder whether losing weight has something to do with one's phenotype, ethnicity. For me it's really easy to lose weight and even more easy to gain it.

BTW, for all those desperate - I am biased and sect-sounding here, but try Paleo. I was a bread, pasta, sweets type of person, but I don't have cravings, even though I eat really healthy. At all. I don't use sugar, so once I tried eating an ice-cream I used to like, I couldn't stand the sugary feel to it, which I have never noticed before.

Last Online
    03-30-2015 @ 05:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Sheeptard
    Ancestry
    Balkans
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Religion
    Agnostic-non religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by korkolola View Post
    I wonder whether losing weight has something to do with one's phenotype, ethnicity. For me it's really easy to lose weight and even more easy to gain it.

BTW, for all those desperate - I am biased and sect-sounding here, but try Paleo. I was a bread, pasta, sweets type of person, but I don't have cravings, even though I eat really healthy. At all. I don't use sugar, so once I tried eating an ice-cream I used to like, I couldn't stand the sugary feel to it, which I have never noticed before.
    Well, I think it's harder for people in the United States as people here eat so much food. We are kinda brainwashed here to eat whenever we can.. TV is filled with food commercials, there are unhealthy fast food joints in just about every corner of the United States, kids are eating junk food in schools which only reinforces bad eating habits, fast food is mainstream, etc..

Last Online
    03-26-2017 @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    !
    Ethnicity
    !
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by korkolola View Post

Its difficult for me to not eat bread!!! Like different kind of buns and crossaints. OMG!!!!

However, I started gaining weight around the time I started drinking alcohol. And thats also something I dont want to stop.

Last Online
    12-11-2013 @ 09:23 PM
    Where the negroes are 87.5 % of the prison population
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    England, Wales, Scotland and Germany
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis in Arduis View Post
    Sounds perfect for rest days. What is the science behind the two refeed days?

I am curious. It sounds intelligent.
    Look up Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale

Last Online
    05-29-2014 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chordate
    Ethnicity
    Vertebrate
    Ancestry
    Precambrian Goo
    Country
    Vatican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

I tried short term (raw) paleo diet 2 years ago with mixed results. Consumables included: raw ground beef with extra fat, organs, bone marrow, raw eggs, fish, etc. Also fruit for different periods of time.

Raw meats are much easier to digest and have more nutrients, so there was notable benefit of having more energy. If I live without bread for prolonged periods of time, I get overwhelmed with stomach acid since there is no spongy material to absorb it. This is the reason I didn't last long on a paleo diet alone. When I had a combination of regular foods along with the raw flesh, it worked quite well for me. It would probably have been worse with a cooked paleo diet, being harder to digest and requiring much more acidity.

A criticism of the paleo diet is the way it treats certain foods like butter. Butter is an important neolithic invention, and the traces of dairy allergens will probably be harmless to all but the most extremely dairy intolerant. It nearly saved my life once and transformed me from a complete zombie in one experiment. Fat is a wonderful source of energy and healing, despite the way media demonizes it.

It's also unlikely that we had sources of food other than the flesh of megafauna during the paleolithic, so the loads of cultivated fruits and vegetables that this diet emphasizes looks unrealistic. Such food would be very scarce during paleo times. It may be a good idea to seek nutrition from these sources, but it sounds hypocritical to promote so much of this food while forbidding butter.

A lot of practitioners are also against salt, which I believe is necessary in small amounts. Our ancestors likely gained HCl and other minerals through the blood of prey animals. Many animals today also actively seek salt licks. Without salt, I quickly get dehydrated and eventually mineral deficiencies.

In short, I think the PD, and especially raw PD is good to experiment with. As with any diet, it has to be modified to suit the individual since we know little about actual nutrition or the way our ancestors ate in the first place.

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Hubby and I are giving Paleo a shot!
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” -Tyrion Lannister, A Game Of Thrones

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information