Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eatensemn View Post
    By this photo he is clearly a tronder with possible kn influence, completely lacking the hallstatt vibe that anglo-saxon preserves.
    The Anglo-Saxon spectrum covers the various blends of Nordic (Hallstatt and Corded types are involved) with Upper Paleolithic (Phalian, Brunn, Borreby) traits. Its more robust (more CM and Corded admixed) side has convergence with the Tronder type but the more gracilized examples are just Hallstatt with minor Cromagnid. Of course, there is a lot of middle in there (particularly regarding the robustness factor). As a whole, the Saxon spectrum has more Hallstatt and Borreby traits, while the Tronder has more Corded Nordic + Brunn/Phalian. On individual level there is still a lot of overlap. Carleton Coon on the Anglo-Saxon type:
    "Anglo-Saxon Type: The old Germanic Reihengräber type, a heavy-boned, rather high-headed Nordic variety, most prevalent in northern Germany and England.
    The skulls of the Anglo-Saxons who invaded England in the fourth and fifth centuries of the present era (see Appendix I, col. 43) are almost identical with this Hannover group. It is to this same specific category that the Spanish Visigothic skulls to which we have already referred belong. To it must be added two series of old Frisians from northern Holland, which are identical in every respect. The skulls of these old Saxons, old Hanoverians, and old Frisians differ in a number of ways from those of other Nordics which we have studied. They arc larger than the Aunjetitz group and the Danes, and in fact any other series of Indo-European speakers that we have met, except the Norwegians. They lack the low vault and sloping forehead common to the earlier Nordics of Denmark, the Gauls, and the Scyths. The vault is moderately high; while the cranial index is on the border of dolicho- and mesocephaly. Compared with the other Nordics, the forehead is relatively straight, the browridges are greater, the muscular markings more pronounced, the cranial base wider, the face longer and somewhat wider.

The type represented by these three groups and by the Visigoths seems to be a variant of the Nordic type to which the early Indo-European speakers belonged. Its difference is one of size, and it appears to have attained this distinction through a mixture, in southern Scandinavia and Germany, between the older local population, consisting of a combination of Megalithic, Corded, and Borreby elements, and the purely Nordic Danish Iron Age group. The resultant type approaches in some respects, but does not even approximate in size, the coastal Norwegian population which we have already studied, and it deviates far less from the central European Nordic than does the Norwegian group.

This physical type is accompanied by tall stature, of about 170 cm., and by a considerable heaviness and robusticity of the long bones. The bodily build was clearly heavier and thicker set than that of the previously studied Nordics. That it was characteristically blond is attested by the pigmentation of living examples as well as by numerous early descriptions. This type, being a mixed variety of central European Nordic combined with old northwestern European elements, is not a true Nordic in the sense in which the word has been used in this work, and its common and exclusive designation as Nordic in popular parlance as in scientific works is responsible for much of the confusion prevalent in the identification of that racial type today. Since it is found among both West and East Germans of the period of dispersal, it is essentially the Germanic or Teutonic racial type. The eccentric linguistic position of the Germanic peoples in the total Indo-European family has its racial connotations." - Coon, The Races of Europe

I wrote this comment of mine which also quotes Coon on page 41 in this thread. It explains why Brown can be viewed as both Tronder and coarse Saxon type. Nothing Keltic though. Other Nordids (especially Kurganoids) can also be convex-nosed. Keltoid noses seem more leptorrhine and forehead is much lower.
    After not shaving for a while:

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,464
    Given: 12,450

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Benim View Post
    lol, every example from this section looks heavily influenced by "keltic" or "CM" as some said.

the best example of anglo-saxon for me would be this actor

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318487/

woody harrelson too.
    "Anglo-Saxon" is a mix of Nordid (rather Hallstatt) and CM (Borreby, Brunn and Faelid), if you didn't notice.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    "Anglo-Saxon" is a mix of Nordid (rather Hallstatt) and CM (Borreby, Brunn and Faelid), if you didn't notice.
    And Woody Harrelson is himself Nordic (but a Corded one, not Hallstatt) mixed with Faelid.

Last Online
    07-08-2020 @ 06:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    It Wandered In From the Steppes...
    Country
    San Marino
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a2a1a1b4a
    Taxonomy
    Proto-Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 59

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    I know that already, but you didn't notice the anglo-saxon mix is rather balanced(50/50), not over 75% CM and 25% nordid, that's a difference.

That's why norb said "heavily kelticised" for a reason.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    And Woody Harrelson is himself Nordic (but a Corded one, not Hallstatt) mixed with Faelid.
    I know, he got classified as corded + faelid, but still anglo-saxon type to be precise, you classified him as "clear anglo-saxon type" in this thread. Which I agree. He's not over 55% CM as other persons posted in this thread are, but rather like 40% in my view.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post4027094
    Last edited by Benim; 05-12-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I know that already, but you didn't notice the anglo-saxon mix is rather balanced(50/50), not over 75% CM and 25% nordid, that's a difference.

Spoiler!

I know, he got classified as corded + faelid, but still anglo-saxon type to be precise, you classified him as "clear anglo-saxon type" in this thread. Which I agree. He's not over 55% CM as other persons posted in this thread are, but rather like 40% in my view.

I meant he looks clearly like a Saxon type and not Norid as some mentioned.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,522
    Given: 8,746

1 Not allowed!

Spoiler!

I agree. For textbook examples the Nordic element should be dominant.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    The Anglo-Saxon spectrum covers the various blends of Nordic (Hallstatt and Corded types are involved) with Upper Paleolithic (Phalian, Brunn, Borreby) traits. Its more robust (more CM and Corded admixed) side has convergence with the Tronder type but the more gracilized examples are just Hallstatt with minor Cromagnid. Of course, there is a lot of middle in there (particularly regarding the robustness factor). As a whole, the Saxon spectrum has more Hallstatt and Borreby traits, while the Tronder has more Corded Nordic + Brunn/Phalian. On individual level there is still a lot of overlap. Carleton Coon on the Anglo-Saxon type:
    "Anglo-Saxon Type: The old Germanic Reihengräber type, a heavy-boned, rather high-headed Nordic variety, most prevalent in northern Germany and England.
    The skulls of the Anglo-Saxons who invaded England in the fourth and fifth centuries of the present era (see Appendix I, col. 43) are almost identical with this Hannover group. It is to this same specific category that the Spanish Visigothic skulls to which we have already referred belong. To it must be added two series of old Frisians from northern Holland, which are identical in every respect. The skulls of these old Saxons, old Hanoverians, and old Frisians differ in a number of ways from those of other Nordics which we have studied. They arc larger than the Aunjetitz group and the Danes, and in fact any other series of Indo-European speakers that we have met, except the Norwegians. They lack the low vault and sloping forehead common to the earlier Nordics of Denmark, the Gauls, and the Scyths. The vault is moderately high; while the cranial index is on the border of dolicho- and mesocephaly. Compared with the other Nordics, the forehead is relatively straight, the browridges are greater, the muscular markings more pronounced, the cranial base wider, the face longer and somewhat wider.

The type represented by these three groups and by the Visigoths seems to be a variant of the Nordic type to which the early Indo-European speakers belonged. Its difference is one of size, and it appears to have attained this distinction through a mixture, in southern Scandinavia and Germany, between the older local population, consisting of a combination of Megalithic, Corded, and Borreby elements, and the purely Nordic Danish Iron Age group. The resultant type approaches in some respects, but does not even approximate in size, the coastal Norwegian population which we have already studied, and it deviates far less from the central European Nordic than does the Norwegian group.

This physical type is accompanied by tall stature, of about 170 cm., and by a considerable heaviness and robusticity of the long bones. The bodily build was clearly heavier and thicker set than that of the previously studied Nordics. That it was characteristically blond is attested by the pigmentation of living examples as well as by numerous early descriptions. This type, being a mixed variety of central European Nordic combined with old northwestern European elements, is not a true Nordic in the sense in which the word has been used in this work, and its common and exclusive designation as Nordic in popular parlance as in scientific works is responsible for much of the confusion prevalent in the identification of that racial type today. Since it is found among both West and East Germans of the period of dispersal, it is essentially the Germanic or Teutonic racial type. The eccentric linguistic position of the Germanic peoples in the total Indo-European family has its racial connotations." - Coon, The Races of Europe

I wrote this comment of mine which also quotes Coon on page 41 in this thread. It explains why Brown can be viewed as both Tronder and coarse Saxon type. Nothing Keltic though. Other Nordids (especially Kurganoids) can also be convex-nosed. Keltoid noses seem more leptorrhine and forehead is much lower.
    I think this is a reason why people get confused!

Anglo-Saxon types should not be 'Robust'. The 'Nordid/Corded' part should heavily outweigh the 'CM', which gives TRUE Anglo-Saxons the (soft look). Too often on this forum I see general CM types (that are mixed with something 'softer' such as alpine etc..) classified as Anglo-Saxon. If the 'Nordid/Corded' part doesn't dominate significantly then = not Anglo-Saxon

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

he is Anglo-Saxon proper! very similar to Hallstatt but with ever so slight CM, not like the heavy CM types posted

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

another...

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread Information