Page 5 of 426 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Macedonia-third albanian state on the balkans?

Foul race mixing extraterrestrial Xenomorph's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-28-2015 @ 06:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    About two-thirds Irish, one-third German, a little Austrian, a little French, a little Italian
    Ancestry
    Ireland, probably somewhere around Dublin; Bavaria in Germany; somewhere in Austria, somewhere in Fr
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Celtic, Germanic (Irish and Bavarian)
    Politics
    Alternative
    Religion
    Roman Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 199

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
    Тhe colonization has already been documented by ethnographer Kanchov. It IS a fact you never lived in Macedonia until recent times. About our Slavic thing, Slavic culture emerged in the Balkans, so it is as indigenous as Albanian or Greek cultures.
    From what I know, Slavs originated in what is now southern Russia and Ukraine.

Rollin' like a super sonic
    Another fool that gets down on it

Values, culture, language, not race.

Last Online
    04-16-2021 @ 05:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic
    Ancestry
    Southeastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 594

0 Not allowed!

Please... Albanians in Macedonia are recent colonizers who came in the 19th century.
    Many of them are recent immigrants from Kosovo.

Last Online
    01-09-2015 @ 02:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized-Mediterranean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 39

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    It is generally thought that Slavs derived from the areas immediately north of the Danube river, i.e, in what is now today's southern Poland.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Al
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,263
    Given: 1,460

2 Not allowed!

Тhe colonization has already been documented by ethnographer Kanchov. It IS a fact you never lived in Macedonia until recent times. About our Slavic thing, Slavic culture emerged in the Balkans, so it is as indigenous as Albanian or Greek cultures.
    Kanchov was a Bulgarofile and his work should be taken with a grain of salt. I think his research on the ethnicity can be reliable to a certain extent, but I'm not so sure about his historical claims. For example, let's take the following:

Translation: The Albanian colonisation of the Polog valley began to exacerbate at the end of the 18th century. During this time in Tetovo the local pasha’s, who were of Albanian origin, brought in workers from Albania to work the fields… The same with the villages of Florina and Chajle, as Alabanians from Korito village were brought in to settle the newly vacated Macedonian villages around the turn of the 19th century, on the request of the pasha’s in Tetovo.
    Vasil Kanchev was not alive during the end of the 18th century and I was wondering what sources he uses for that claim. It could be true but I was wondering how credible the statement is. Did he interview locals around the area? Is there a source provided elsewhere in the book? Maybe you can provide some insight.

Also there have been population movements throughout history. If you, or any Albanian, Serb, Greek, Bosnian, etc think your ancestors have been living in the same town/city for centuries upon centuries then I think you are delusional. With that said, Slavic migration is well doucmented while most historians agree Albanians are descendents of Illyrians, thus, our migration, if you will call it that, has mostly been in the same general area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Many of them are recent immigrants from Kosovo.
    How recent? You have a source?

The grandparents' of the prime minister of Macedonia fought in the Greek civil war and you people want to speak on this supposive "Kosovar immigration."

You live in Skopje, and I can almost guarntee your parents (or grandparents) did not live there before the 60's........

Last Online
    03-03-2023 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alb
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 32

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by iNird View Post
    The grandparents' of the prime minister of Macedonia fought in the Greek civil war and you people want to speak on this supposive "Kosovar immigration."

You live in Skopje, and I can almost guarntee your parents (or grandparents) did not live there before the 60's........
    haha funny, not only current prime minister also all ex-prime ministers were immigrants who came in Macedonia after WWII from Bulgaria and Greece.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slav
    Ethnicity
    Yugoslavian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (M423)
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med with Dinarid influence
    Politics
    Whatever you want, I'm against it
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 850

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    A very simplified overview.

There's two competing theories regarding the ethnogenesis of Slavic-speaking peoples.

If you follow the Kurgan Hypothesis that dates PIE to the Chalcolithic (6000-4000BC), the Slavs originated in what is now Ukraine and Belarus and migrated beyond the Carpathians to form the South Slavic ethnic groups around the 5th and 6th centuries AD.

If you follow the Paleolithic Continuity Theory (which is becoming increasingly popular), it argues that all languages developed in the regions which they are more or less spoken in today as well as language being linked to the arrival of Homo Sapiens in Europe and Asia, hence PIE would be dated to around the Upper Paleolithic (45,000 to 10,000 years before present). A part of this theory is that the Slavic languages actually originated in the Balkans and spread North and West from there.

If the Kurgan Hypothesis holds true, the Slavs were never any sort of a united, homogenous population but rather they would have been a combination of Indo-European and Pre-Indo-European peoples (the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture of Ukraine-Moldova-Romania which declined around 2750BC, likely to due assimilation by Indo-Europeans), who also later came to absorb numerous Baltic, Iranic and Gothic/Germanic influences.

If the Paleolithic Continuity Theory holds true, today's South Slavs are the legitimate "Slavs" (not that they are homogenous either).

Banned
    Last Online
    08-17-2012 @ 09:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gospodine View Post
    A very simplified overview.

There's two competing theories regarding the ethnogenesis of Slavic-speaking peoples.

If you follow the Kurgan Hypothesis that dates PIE to the Chalcolithic (6000-4000BC), the Slavs originated in what is now Ukraine and Belarus and migrated beyond the Carpathians to form the South Slavic ethnic groups around the 5th and 6th centuries AD.

If you follow the Paleolithic Continuity Theory (which is becoming increasingly popular), it argues that all languages developed in the regions which they are more or less spoken in today as well as language being linked to the arrival of Homo Sapiens in Europe and Asia, hence PIE would be dated to around the Upper Paleolithic (45,000 to 10,000 years before present). A part of this theory is that the Slavic languages actually originated in the Balkans and spread North and West from there.

If the Kurgan Hypothesis holds true, the Slavs were never any sort of a united, homogenous population but rather they would have been a combination of Indo-European and Pre-Indo-European peoples (the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture of Ukraine-Moldova-Romania which declined around 2750BC, likely to due assimilation by Indo-Europeans), who also later came to absorb numerous Baltic, Iranic and Gothic/Germanic influences.

If the Paleolithic Continuity Theory holds true, today's South Slavs are the legitimate "Slavs" (not that they are homogenous either).
    Dating PIE to 45 thousands years is quite ignorant.Don't embarrass yourself please.Your bias and ethnocentrism is hilarious.

Things doesn't work like this in real science only in your fantasy world.

Last Online
    04-16-2021 @ 05:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic
    Ancestry
    Southeastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 594

0 Not allowed!

How recent? You have a source?

I mean they came here as refugees from Kosovo during the war. I don't have a source but this is widely known here, they still speak Serbian instead of Macedonian.

But 2 of them are ethnic Macedonians. Doesn't matter if they were born in Skopje.

Last Online
    01-28-2015 @ 05:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    dardanian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Ancestry
    trolls who mixed with illyrian gods and and then came to mix with bardhyll an illyrian king and so o
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    pred atlantoid with borreby and dinarid influences
    Politics
    no more pussies
    Religion
    chickz want me
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,388
    Given: 2,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I mean they came here as refugees from Kosovo during the war. I don't have a source but this is widely known here, they still speak Serbian instead of Macedonian.

But 2 of them are ethnic Macedonians. Doesn't matter if they were born in Skopje.
    skpje was always albo city,it had the biggest albo population from the whole balkan

Banned
    Last Online
    11-19-2013 @ 10:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Ancestry
    Central Anatolian Turk & Crimean Tatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion