Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios Chiotis View Post
    Bibil- Ancient Macedonian language is not Koine

Nice, we can agree on this. So far Ancient Macedonian language is language x and language so call Koine is official language in Alexandar's Empire. Curtius in his 6th book show us trial of Philota, a Macedonian who was a naturalized Hellene :

Alexander speaks:
    "The Macedonians are going to judge your case," he said. "Please state whether you will use your native language before them."
    Philota:
    "Besides the Macedonians, there are many present who, I think, will find what I am going to say easier to understand if I use the language you yourself have been using, your purpose, I believe, being only to enable more people to understand you."
    Then the king said:
    "Do you see how offensive Philotas find even his native language? He alone feels an aversion to learning it. But let him speak as he pleases - only remember he as contemptuous of our way of life as he is of our language."

34 Iamque rex intuens eum, 'Macedones', inquit, 'de te iudicaturi sunt: quaero, an patrio sermone sis apud eos usurus'. 35 Tum Philotas, 'Praeter Macedonas', inquit, 'plerique adsunt, quos facilius, quae dicam, percepturos arbitror, si eadem lingua fuero usus, qua tu egisti, non ob aliud, credo, quam ut oratio tua intellegi posset a pluribus'. 36 Tum rex, 'Ecquid videtis adeo etiam sermonis patrii Philotan taedere? solus quippe fastidiit eum discere. Sed dicat sane, utcumque ei cordi est, dum memineritis, aeque illum a nostro more quam a sermone abhorrere'. Atque ita contione excessit.
    http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...tius/home.html

Alexander of Macedon speaks of his native ancient Macedonian language and made clear distinction between his native language and Koine language, or as Greecians like to call it, Greek language.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros
    Its a difference between the ancient macedonian Kingdom (Macedon) and the Greek macedonian Empire of Alexander the Great.
    Ok then, where you will put Philip 2nd, in the ancient Macedonians Kingdoms (Macedon) or in the Greek Macedonian Empire?

I don't know whether this thread is the real one to continue this conversation? If it isn't just say so

Banned
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 09:46 PM
    Bielefeld / Nordrhein-Westfalen / Germany
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Macedonia and Thrace
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    North Rhine
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Hero
    Vlad Tepes (Dracula)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 325

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbil View Post
    Ok then, where you will put Philip 2nd, in the ancient Macedonians Kingdoms (Macedon) or in the Greek Macedonian Empire?

I don't know whether this thread is the real one to continue this conversation? If it isn't just say so
    Would you say that the yellow area on this map or the bright orange area on this map is also a part of the ancient Macedonian Kingdom (Macedon)?

After this logic is Larissa in Thessaly / Greece, Burgas in Northern-Thrace / Bulgaria or Edirne in Eastern-Thrace / Turkey also a part of the ancient Macedonian Kingdom (Macedon). Is that correct?

Alexandros

Last Online
    05-28-2013 @ 10:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Would you say that the yellow area on this map or the bright orange area on this map is also a part of the ancient Macedonian Kingdom (Macedon)?

After this logic is Larissa in Thessaly / Greece, Burgas in Northern-Thrace / Bulgaria or Edirne in Eastern-Thrace / Turkey also a part of the ancient Macedonian Kingdom (Macedon). Is that correct?

Alexandros

Through the history borders of ancient Macedonia were changeable. If we talk about ancient Macedonia of Alexandar or as you want to call it "Greek Macedonian Empire" (which if you ask me is absolutely incorrectly), then yes, these are the borders of Alexandar's Empire
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexander-the-great-empire-map.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	28743

And these are borders of Philip2nd kingdom

Name:	AFTER_PHILIP.gif 
Views:	695 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	28744

This is not an answer on my question. Question is ,where you will put Philip 2nd kingdom, in the ancient Macedonians Kingdoms (Macedon) or in the Greek Macedonian Empire? Was Philip 2nd "ancient Greek" or ancient Macedonian?

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

Nice, we can agree on this. So far Ancient Macedonian language is language x and language so call Koine is official language in Alexandar's Empire. Curtius in his 6th book show us trial of Philota, a Macedonian who was a naturalized Hellene :

Alexander speaks:
    "The Macedonians are going to judge your case," he said. "Please state whether you will use your native language before them."
    Philota:
    "Besides the Macedonians, there are many present who, I think, will find what I am going to say easier to understand if I use the language you yourself have been using, your purpose, I believe, being only to enable more people to understand you."
    Then the king said:
    "Do you see how offensive Philotas find even his native language? He alone feels an aversion to learning it. But let him speak as he pleases - only remember he as contemptuous of our way of life as he is of our language."

34 Iamque rex intuens eum, 'Macedones', inquit, 'de te iudicaturi sunt: quaero, an patrio sermone sis apud eos usurus'. 35 Tum Philotas, 'Praeter Macedonas', inquit, 'plerique adsunt, quos facilius, quae dicam, percepturos arbitror, si eadem lingua fuero usus, qua tu egisti, non ob aliud, credo, quam ut oratio tua intellegi posset a pluribus'. 36 Tum rex, 'Ecquid videtis adeo etiam sermonis patrii Philotan taedere? solus quippe fastidiit eum discere. Sed dicat sane, utcumque ei cordi est, dum memineritis, aeque illum a nostro more quam a sermone abhorrere'. Atque ita contione excessit.
    http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...tius/home.html

Alexander of Macedon speaks of his native ancient Macedonian language and made clear distinction between his native language and Koine language, or as Greecians like to call it, Greek language.
    The important phrase here is "quos facilius". Do you know Ancient Latin or are you just bullshitting us? The English translation is " more easy". Speaking in Koine is easier, since Athenians, Thessalians cannot understand the Macedonian dialect, the Μακεδονιστὶ τῇ φωνῇ - the Macedonian "voice."

Originally Posted by Emilio Crespo - Languages and dialects in Ancient Macedon

The Pella curse tablet revealed a new dialect of Ancient Greek. Its dialectal features do not coincide with any other dialect known so far and it has no trace of influence of the Attic-Ionic koine. The love defixio provides a new form of North-West Doric and has no parallel in the literary dialects. The curse tablets known so far are all written in the local dialect of the place where they were found, and there is no reason to think that this tablet does not conform to this general rule. Since the Pella curse tablet displays a combination of dialectal features that differ from all other local or literary dialects, the possibility that it was written in som e other dialectal area and then brought to Pella must be excluded
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The important phrase here is "quos facilius". Do you know Ancient Latin or are you just bullshitting us? The English translation is " more easy". Speaking in Koine is easier, since Athenians, Thessalians cannot understand the Macedonian dialect, the Μακεδονιστὶ τῇ φωνῇ - the Macedonian "voice."

Originally Posted by Emilio Crespo - Languages and dialects in Ancient Macedon

The Pella curse tablet revealed a new dialect of Ancient Greek. Its dialectal features do not coincide with any other dialect known so far and it has no trace of influence of the Attic-Ionic koine. The love defixio provides a new form of North-West Doric and has no parallel in the literary dialects. The curse tablets known so far are all written in the local dialect of the place where they were found, and there is no reason to think that this tablet does not conform to this general rule. Since the Pella curse tablet displays a combination of dialectal features that differ from all other local or literary dialects, the possibility that it was written in som e other dialectal area and then brought to Pella must be excluded

I put Latin text to check English translation by yourself and I’m not “bullshitting” anyone. You are wrong in your post, the important phrase here is not "quos facilius" but “sermonis patrii” ie native language, language of his fatherland. So Alexandar have made difference between Koine (or as you call it, Greek language) and language of his fatherland Macedonia ie ancient Macedonian language. But…as I see we have written the same, more or less, and you only want to show your “famous Greek arrogancy”. Your problem is that you want to represent languages who were non understandable to each other, as dialects of one language. In R. of Macedonia almost every bigger city have it’s own dialect, but they are all understandable to each other, as Macedonian language. I believe it is same in Greece too, is Greek in north part same with Greek in south part, let’s say Athena?

I can’t see answer on my question from previous post. Question is ,where you will put Philip 2nd kingdom, in the ancient Macedonians Kingdoms (Macedon) or in the Greek Macedonian Empire? Was Philip 2nd "ancient Greek" or ancient Macedonian?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

I can’t see answer on my question from previous post. Question is ,where you will put Philip 2nd kingdom, in the ancient Macedonians Kingdoms (Macedon) or in the Greek Macedonian Empire? Was Philip 2nd "ancient Greek" or ancient Macedonian?
    Macedonian=Greek duhhh.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    Macedonian=Greek duhhh.

Hehe, Greek humor without sense

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

Name:	mak.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	29125

http://books.google.co.kr/books?id=A...gbs_navlinks_s

Bibil, I can barely understand you, but your idea to prove a relationship between Modern Slavonic Macedonian language and the language of Ancient Macedonian dialect of Greek is nothing but a putrid absurdity of the worst Balkanic extremist party-line. At no point does any of your rambling make even the slightest bit of sense. It is you who must come down from your esoteric theories and talk sensible with us. Can you see how anything you say is negated by the research? Do you care about the research? I see you were destroyed by Midas many times at HISTORUM forum and any thread with your name in it made everyone groan in boredom with your view of history with an emphasis on "Story".
    Last edited by Scholarios; 02-28-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

Hehe, Greek humor without sense
    That's not humor, its the reality.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Name:	mak.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	29125

http://books.google.co.kr/books?id=A...gbs_navlinks_s

Bibil, I can barely understand you, but your idea to prove a relationship between Modern Slavonic Macedonian language and the language of Ancient Macedonian dialect of Greek is nothing but a putrid absurdity of the worst Balkanic extremist party-line. At no point does any of your rambling make even the slightest bit of sense. It is you who must come down from your esoteric theories and talk sensible with us. Can you see how anything you say is negated by the research? Do you care about the research? I see you were destroyed by Midas many times at HISTORUM forum and any thread with your name in it made everyone groan in boredom with your view of history with an emphasis on "Story".

Ooooo, someone is hiding behind another nickname. Perhaps you have no courage for one name, but I stand behind everything what I have written. It will be nice to show yourself under the name we know each other. I'm surprised by your post, how you have come to this conclusion from my previous 5 posts? I am not here to "destroy" anyone or to be "destroyed", but to discuss for facts. How you have connected ancient Macedonian language with Slavic language? I hadn't mention that anywhere, Damn, do you know something and try to hide that from us? hehe
    In one of mine previous post I have written "the important phrase here is not "quos facilius" but “sermonis patrii” ie native language, language of his fatherland. So Alexandar have made difference between Koine (or as you call it, Greek language) and language of his fatherland Macedonia ie ancient Macedonian language."

I had not mention anywhere Slavic language, but if you have fly on your head then.....

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information