Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up Italy Backs Citizens Patrols

Italy backs citizens patrols, despite fascist past

ROME — Italy's interior minister vowed on Sunday to push ahead with plans for citizens patrols to fight crime, despite concern over the possible fascist links of at least one group keen to participate.

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's government, elected last year on a promise to crack down on crime and curb illegal immigration, has agreed with its Northern League allies a plan for patrols to help police and soldiers on the streets.

The proposal, which still needs parliamentary approval, is opposed by Italy's left-wing opposition and by civil rights groups, who fear it could lead to racial discrimination and violence.

Some critics have compared the plan to the paramilitary volunteer groups, known as the Blackshirts, used by Fascist leader Benito Mussolini as the muscle behind his inter-war government.

"They call them patrols. Well yes, we want the patrols," Interior Minister Roberto Maroni told a Northern League rally. "They have accused us of wanting to bring back the Blackshirts, but we want to allow citizens to participate."

One volunteer group, the Italian National Guard, unveiled its proposal to participate in the patrols in Milan on Saturday, sporting beige uniforms and black military-style hats.

Judicial sources said that a prosecutor had opened an investigation into the group, which has links to the neo-fascist Italian Social Movement (MSI) formed by former Mussolini supporters.

The sources said the prosecutor could present charges in the coming days of attempting to resurrect the fascist party.

(Reporting by Antonella Cinelli and Roberto Bonzio)
    Source

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

I must say, I have watched and studied Italy's ways with immigration and Islamization and in my opinion, they have the most balls in Europe. They really seem to not take too much crap...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

It's about time!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-03-2020 @ 06:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Tronder, KN, NW
    Politics
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 688
    Given: 44

0 Not allowed!

I never knew Italy had so many problems brought about by immigration. Given the nationalist sentiment, conceit and pride of Italian leaders this will probably come sooner to a resolve than in the rest of Europe.
    Due to my heterosexual toxicity, I only do female classifications upon request.

Thread Information