My political convictions are for something that has yet to come, but between the present alternatives my position is in the center.

I see the debate between left and right as two people in a car, arguing with each other whether the best way to drive the car is either to put the first gear and push the pedal to the maximum, or put the last gear and take off the foot from the pedal altogether.
My position in this analogy is that of someone who realizes that the engine has its optimal working regime somewhere in the middle, so third or fourth gear and moderately pushing the pedal is probably more appropriate.

From the right I appreciate the freedom to accumulate private capital, without which people aren’t motivated to work. On the other hand, a poor family may give birth a genius, and society would loose an invaluable resource if his family can’t afford education. So some form of redistribution of wealth is necessary.

I also feel antipathy for both, religious people (typically associated with the right), and feminists and homosexuals (typically associated with the left), so my position in relation to them is quite cynical – they can eat each other’s head (don’t know how this sounds in English, I’m translating it word for word from my language).

Anyway, I’ve noticed (from profile declarations) that there are left and right extremists here, so my question is what wisdom do they see in their position versus mine / center (not versus the other extreme).