Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

asians are cohesive it is asians vs none asians.

Also they do not undermine the governement, they usually like to control and be the government.

However asians seem to have stayed away from politics and media so far, HOWEVER

There was an article about how hollywood avoids asians. Is this for a reason?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stefan; "meta-ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ethnicity
    Stefan; "ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ancestry
    Britain, Germany, Iberia, France, West Africa, Carribean natives, etc, etc.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Individualist Anarchist - influenced by Tucker/Stirner/Proudhon/Warren
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    Possibly among the youth, but I'm unsure about the older generations. From what I can tell, the immigrants especially, are hostile against each other due to political history (Japanese imperialism for example.) In the end, they're far less cohesive than Zionists.

As you said, they tend to stay away from politics. Probably because of their lower verbal IQs, and traditions among their population.

Last Online
    07-26-2014 @ 03:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Southwestern Germany, England, (possibly) Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Indiana
    Politics
    Mammalian Supremacist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

This is possibly increasingly true, but they tend to resent being lumped together as a general rule. Altogether, I can't imagine them being an aggressive threat, which is far more than one can say about Hispanics.

Of course, maybe the left will eventually twist them into being a threat. They tend to oppose things like affirmative action, and are generally conservative in my experience; so I don't know how much the left can really do with them. They don't really fit into the "poor minority that needs to be coddled" category that the left so loves to use against us.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Edelmann View Post
    They tend to oppose things like affirmative action, and are generally conservative in my experience; so I don't know how much the left can really do with them.
    It is mostly because they're just as disadvantaged as whites are by affirmative action and increased socialization. They're over-represented in top universities, and work-places, and hence they need to compete among themselves for positions that they're all more qualified for. I've observed this in the college application system. Many Asians need perfect SAT scores for Ivy League schools, while Hispanics and Blacks need scores much lower (at least 100 points each section.) One might argue it is because of the economic status of Hispanics and Blacks, and I wouldn't deny it, but certainly they should look at social factors more closely per individual. There are plenty of poor Asians and Whites who do well, exceptionally well even, and they're disadvantaged because a Black or Hispanic is viewed as an addition to diversity.

Last Online
    07-26-2014 @ 03:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Southwestern Germany, England, (possibly) Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Indiana
    Politics
    Mammalian Supremacist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    It is mostly because they're just as disadvantaged as whites are by affirmative action and increased socialization. They're over-represented in top universities, and work-places, and hence they need to compete among themselves for positions that they're all more qualified for. I've observed this in the college application system. Many Asians need perfect SAT scores for Ivy League schools, while Hispanics and Blacks need scores much lower (at least 100 points each section.) One might argue it is because of the economic status of Hispanics and Blacks, and I wouldn't deny it, but certainly they should look at social factors more closely per individual. There are plenty of poor Asians and Whites who do well, exceptionally well even, and they're disadvantaged because a Black or Hispanic is viewed as an addition to diversity.
    Another good point is that they tend to be (like most legal immigrants) against illegal immigration in principle. Unlike most established White Americans, their experience allows them to see just how unfair a situation it is when some unwashed chicano can just waltz across the border while educated, upperclass Asians and Indians are put through grueling requirements just to get their foot in the door.
    Last edited by Edelmann; 07-23-2012 at 05:56 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm glad people are harsh on these illegal immigrants here in Pennsylvania. The Southwest might be a lost cause, but the rest of the country still has a chance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazleton,_Pennsylvania

In 2006, Hazleton gained national attention as Republican mayor Lou Barletta and council members passed the Illegal Immigration Relief Act.[5] This ordinance was instituted to discourage hiring or renting to illegal immigrants. Initially, an administrative fine on landlords for $1,000 per illegal immigrant rented to and a loss of permits for non-compliance has been passed.[6] Leaders from other communities across the United States have requested information on this proposal for use in their own municipalities.[7][8] Another act passed concurrently made English the official language of Hazleton.[9]
    The ordinance has been criticized as illegal and unconstitutional. A number of Hispanic residents (both legal and illegal[citation needed]) filed suit to strike down the law, claiming it violates the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution as well as the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution. A copy of the court complaint is available from the Pennsylvania ACLU.[10] In an agreement, announced on September 1, with the ACLU, the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund and the Community Justice Project, Hazleton will not enforce the ordinance for now.[11] In response to the lawsuits the city of Hazleton has retained the counsel of the former head of immigration in the Department of Justice.[12]
    Mayor Lou Barletta of Hazleton estimated that as "many as half" of the estimated 10,000 Hispanics who were living in Hazleton left Hazleton when the ordinance was passed.[13] Reportedly, several shops in the city's Hispanic business district have closed, with others struggling to remain open.[14] The issue was covered by the television program 60 Minutes in 2006[15] and the Fox News show The O'Reilly Factor in March 2007.[16]
    On July 26, 2007 a federal judge, James Munley, struck down Hazleton's Illegal Immigration Relief Act as an unconstitutional ordinance pre-empted by federal law.[17] The injunction stirred up a national controversy. Mayor Barletta expressed his confidence that the injunction will be overturned by the appellate court. However, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit upheld most aspects of Munley's injunction in a 144-page opinion handed down on September 9, 2010.
    The lower court decisions enjoining enforcement of the Hazleton immigration ordinances were vacated by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 6, 2011, and the case was remanded to the Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit for re-consideration in light of the Supreme Court's decision in Chamber of Commerce v. Whiting where the Supreme Court upheld the Arizona employer sanctions statute which made e-verify mandatory for Arizona employers. http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/060611.ZOR.html
    In 2010, in response to ethnic and cultural tensions, Hazleton native and major league baseball manager Joe Maddon set out to bring Hispanic and non-Hispanic communities together to dialog and find common ground. His efforts to be a part of the Hazleton Integration Project have been documented in the ESPN sports talk show Outside The Lines.[18]
    @ bolded I am disgusted; they have no right to complain. You broke the law by coming into the country, and you have the audacity to sue taxed citizens, who have lived in the region for decades.

If only the rest of the country stayed out of the business of local laws. It isn't their call.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

The people voting "Mexican" must not live in America.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2013 @ 08:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic?
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Germany,France.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Norfolk Island
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid with maybe a bit of Brunn(for extra robustness)
    Politics
    blah
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Race is a social construct so either way.

Last Online
    10-04-2016 @ 03:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 110

0 Not allowed!

Depends on what Asians we are talking about. I have deep respect for Japs and Koreans. They have the highest IQ in the world.

Last Online
    08-19-2012 @ 05:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    who knows
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Also they do not undermine the governement, they usually like to control and be the government.

However asians seem to have stayed away from politics and media so far, HOWEVER

There was an article about how hollywood avoids asians. Is this for a reason?
    When you say asians, do you include indians in that category? Because east asians like Chinese would not consider themselves cohesive with other asians like Indians, there is to much of a difference between them, both culturally and genetically.

I think asians(and indians) in general have to small populations in the US to make an impact in the media or politics, its much easier for a black person to get a high political position due to how many blacks there are to support them.

But that article you mentioned sounds interesting, could you post the link if possible?

Now that you mentioned it, it actually seems like Hollywood is avoiding and marginalizing asians from any big roles while they seem to do the opposite with blacks, as it seems black actors are forced into certain shows just to show diversity, which is why we have so many token black characters in tv-shows and movies. They are going overboard though as blacks are very overrepresented in TV at this point.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information