Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default The Politically Incorrect Richard Nixon

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/us...er=rss&emc=rss

On Jan. 23, 1973, when the Supreme Court struck down laws criminalizing abortion in Roe v. Wade, President Richard M. Nixon made no public statement. But privately, newly released tapes reveal, he expressed ambivalence.

Nixon worried that greater access to abortions would foster “permissiveness,” and said that “it breaks the family.” But he also saw a need for abortion in some cases — like interracial pregnancies, he said.

“There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white,” he told an aide, before adding, “Or a rape.”

Nine months later, Nixon forced the firing of the special prosecutor looking into the Watergate affair, Archibald Cox, and prompted the resignations of Attorney General Elliot L. Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William D. Ruckelshaus. The next day, Ronald Reagan, who was then governor of California and would later be president, told the White House that he approved.

Reagan said the action, which would become known as the “Saturday Night Massacre,” was “probably the best thing that ever happened — none of them belong where they were,” according to a Nixon aide’s notes of the private conversation.

Those disclosures were among the revelations in more than 150 hours of tape and 30,000 pages of documents made public on Tuesday by the Nixon Presidential Library, a part of the National Archives. The audio files were posted online, as were a sampling of the documents.

The tapes were recorded by the secret microphones in the Oval Office from January and February 1973. They shed new light on an intense moment in American history, including Nixon’s second inauguration, the Vietnam War cease-fire, and the trial of seven men over the break-in at the Democrats’ headquarters at the Watergate complex amid mounting revelations about their ties to the White House.

The tapes also capture more mundane details of life in the White House — conversations about what to pack for a trip, when to schedule a trip to the barber, whether the president’s wife would enjoy going to Trader Vic’s for dinner.

Most segments of the tapes relating to the Watergate scandal, which would lead to Nixon’s resignation 20 months later, have already been released. But there are some new materials that were previously held back because the audio quality was so poor that archives officials could not be certain whether they contained discussion of any classified topics. Improvements in audio technology have allowed archives staff to clear additional ones.

They include a Jan. 5, 1973, conversation between Nixon and his aide Charles W. Colson in which they discussed the possibility of granting clemency to E. Howard Hunt Jr., one of the Watergate conspirators, according to a log compiled by archives staff. Scholars say the same topic was addressed in several other tapes that were previously made public.

The documents also include nine pages of handwritten notes by a domestic policy aide about plans for what the White House would say about the dismissal of the Watergate special prosecutor, Mr. Cox.

The tapes also provide new material about the circumstances surrounding the Paris treaty to end the United States’ military involvement in Vietnam.

A call between Nixon and Mr. Colson just after midnight on Jan. 20 showed that Nixon anticipated, when the treaty was announced, that he would be vindicated for continuing to bomb North Vietnam. He especially relished the hit that he believed members of Congress who opposed the war — whose public statements he pronounced “treasonable” — would suffer.

Several conversations center on the pressure Nixon placed on South Vietnam’s president, Nguyen Van Thieu, to accept the cease-fire agreement. Ken Hughes, a Nixon scholar and research fellow at the Presidential Recordings Project at the University of Virginia, said he was struck by listening on one of the new tapes to Nixon’s telling his national security adviser, Henry A. Kissinger, that to get Thieu to sign the treaty, he would “cut off his head if necessary.”

Mr. Hughes said the conversation bolstered his view that Nixon, Thieu and Mr. Kissinger knew at the time that the cease-fire could not endure, and that it was not “peace with honor,” as Nixon described it, so much as a face-saving way for the United States to get out of the war. In 1975, North Vietnam would violate the cease-fire and conquer South Vietnam.

The tapes also include a phone call from February 1973 between Nixon and the evangelist Billy Graham, during which Mr. Graham complained that Jewish-American leaders were opposing efforts to promote evangelical Christianity, like Campus Crusade. The two men agreed that the Jewish leaders risked setting off anti-Semitic sentiment.

“What I really think is deep down in this country, there is a lot of anti-Semitism, and all this is going to do is stir it up,” Nixon said.

At another point he said: “It may be they have a death wish. You know that’s been the problem with our Jewish friends for centuries.”

The documents also include three newly declassified pages from a National Security Council brief discussing secret Israeli efforts to build a nuclear weapon.

More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/us...1&ref=politics

When I spoke to the South Carolina Legislature, I noticed a couple of very attractive women, both of them Republicans, in the Legislature. ... I don’t want to go through with a Lenore Romney thing, but I want you to be sure to emphasize to our people: God, let’s look for some. Understand, I don’t do it because I’m for women; I do it because I think maybe a woman might win someplace where a man might not.

— Nixon in a Feb. 23, 1971, phone conversation with future President George Bush, who was then the chairman of the Republican National Committee. (Lenore Romney, the wife of former Gov. George Romney and mother of future Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, unsuccessfully ran for the United States Senate in 1970.)

ON JEWS AND ANTI-SEMITISM

Anti-Semitism is stronger than we think. You know, it’s unfortunate. But this has happened to the Jews. It happened in Spain, it happened in Germany, it’s happening — and now it’s going to happen in America if these people don’t start behaving. ... It may be they have a death wish. You know that’s been the problem with our Jewish friends for centuries.

— Nixon in a Feb. 21, 1973, phone conversation with the evangelist Billy Graham, discussing Jewish-American opposition to evangelical outreach efforts.

ON USING A VIETNAM PEACE DEAL

TO PUNISH POLITICAL OPPONENTS

Your job is to see that, by God, we put it to ’em. I mean, assuming it works out. It’s going to work out one way or the other. If Thieu doesn’t go, that’s going to — that isn’t too bad either. We go ahead and make our deal and we sink Thieu and everybody says, ‘Thank God he was a tough son of a bitch,’ on both sides. The hell with him. ... Get the prisoners back, a cease-fire, and ... peace with honor when they would have got the bug out. Then we just pour it right to them.

— Nixon in a Jan. 20, 1973, phone conversation with a White House aide, Charles W. Colson. Nixon was drawing criticism for an intensified bombing campaign of North Vietnam as the Paris peace talks were reaching a climax and the president of South Vietnam, Nguyen Van Thieu, was resisting the cease-fire agreement terms.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Some interesting responses from a neoconservative website:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2278652/posts

Your graph is quite telling.

Blacks are only about 11% of the population but have 35% of the abortions.

In NYC I believe the numbers are 1 birth to 1 abort for blacks.

Whatever happened to MLK’s admonition that “Black babies mean Black votes”?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-25-2010 @ 06:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Why the number of abortion is so high? Is there a some sociological explanation for it?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Balder View Post
    Why the number of abortion is so high? Is there a some sociological explanation for it?
    Yes, blacks tend to be lower income and have less stable relationships.

The numbers would likely be even higher were blacks not also highly religious, often too poor to afford abortions, and many of them live in the deep south which is highly religious and thus abortion providers are few and far between.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordoftheVistula View Post
    Some interesting responses from a neoconservative website:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2278652/posts

Your graph is quite telling.

Blacks are only about 11% of the population but have 35% of the abortions.

In NYC I believe the numbers are 1 birth to 1 abort for blacks.

Whatever happened to MLK’s admonition that “Black babies mean Black votes”?
    One of my main objections to outlawing elective abortions is that minorities have a disproportionate number of them.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-28-2012 @ 01:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Father from Istria and mother form Calabria
    Country
    Italy
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranean
    Politics
    Fascism
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Nixon was also much aware of the political and media power retained by the Jews , he's been recorded saying something like "if we will allow the jews to get so much power in a few decades this country is headed to going down the toilet"...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTM18HXRxcw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Tony; 06-25-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    british isles,germany
    Ancestry
    british isles,germany
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Religion
    transvestitism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

bump

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

Nixon and Billy Graham were obsessed with da jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooz!

I'm the Creature-in-Disguise... Jake Featherston's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-12-2012 @ 04:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Southron of Irish Catholic ancestry (Alabama native)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Dakota
    Politics
    National Asceticism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    One of my main objections to outlawing elective abortions is that minorities have a disproportionate number of them.
    I understand why you feel that way, but think about this, if you would: You're basically saying, in effect, that its OK to kill a White baby, just so long as you kill two Black babies. And that, friends & neighbours, is a little thing we call an abomination.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell,
    I would rent Texas and live in Hell.
    " --Philip H. Sheridan

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    british isles,germany
    Ancestry
    british isles,germany
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Religion
    transvestitism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

I just wish we could get more abortions happening in the middle east and Africa. We can't stop our womenfolk killing babies. The blood lust is up. I doubt they'll ever slake their thirst for it. They love it.

Other races are far more aggressive than ours. When they take feminism to heart , which they are, I wouldn't want to be one of their men for all the fuel and minerals in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information