View Poll Results: Would you date someone of a different religion?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

270 61.36%
  • No

170 38.64%
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you date/marry someone of a different religion?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimão + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Well I have to say... in late December 2019 until February I was dating Nepal Buddhist girl, she was working here in Croatia. She was/is Beautiful.

Guess what happened in the end; she says to me somethin like; "we are of different races... religions... I have to go back to my country when contract ends with firm (where she was working)"

I was like WTF? I said why would you mention races, then she said to me somethin I was like also WTF; She said; "in Nepal and India white men can have every girl, it's like stereotype, if my parents and friends found out I am with you, it would be like oh I am also the one who did that".

I was AGAIN WTF!

I said; I dont know what whites who goes to India or Nepal do, she came here I didnt go to Nepal, but it ended...we broke up after lets say 2 months, I still hear her sometimes on facebook (my girlfriend now shouldn't know this lol).
    Sorry to hear that, clearly she wasn't the right one for you then. Sounds like she cares too much ab what her family thinks in stereotype, and is insecure. I dated a Bengali girl a while ago, and she was always insecure ab me leaving her... but in the end, she was the one that left me for some 6 ft 3 British white guy, lol.

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    High Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Religion
    x982a{j:+
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,218
    Given: 5,102

0 Not allowed!

Well, I`m dating a catholic girl at the moment. But she`s 10 years younger than me, only 19 so give the whole thing a bit time.

Last Online
    03-20-2024 @ 01:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    turkic
    Ethnicity
    turkish + 1/4 georgian
    Ancestry
    caucasus, anatolia, balkan
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    pontid turanid
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,498
    Given: 2,430

0 Not allowed!

i don't have a religion so np. yes.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 635

0 Not allowed!

I'm agnostic. If the person in question would respect my non-religious option, I would have no problem with her.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2022 @ 12:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ethnic French
    Ancestry
    1/2 Breton+various French regions
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Berid and Litorid
    Politics
    National-Liberalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 660

0 Not allowed!

I don't belong to any religion but I'm not an atheist or agnostic and I prefer to be with a woman who has a faith. I can hardly see myself married with a muslim or a jewess though, even an attractive one. Christian and pagan is fine. Or some other religions that are marked by indo-european influence.

Last Online
    05-27-2023 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,802
    Given: 5,812

1 Not allowed!

It doesn't matter as long as someone is not too crazy over religion.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

No true believer can do this. You can have an interfaith relationship only if neither (neither) partner really cares. For example, my relationship is 'interfaith' in that my girlfriend was raised Catholic and I was raised Jewish, but neither of us actually believes, so it's just rituals.

Let's pretend that we were both fervent believers, however. As a Catholic, she would believe that I, a Jew, would burn in Hell for eternity after I die. I, in turn, would believe every person involved in creating her religion was lying through their teeth, and I would also have extremely negative and dismissive opinions on her Church. If we were true believers, surely, our religion would be important to us; how then could we continue seeing each other? 'Love you, you're gonna burn in Hell though.' 'Thanks sweetie, the Trinity is a bad joke gone wrong.' Come on now.

It works for most religions, some exceptions. Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women, but again, why would they want to? 'Hey darling, how's things going?' 'Great, your Prophet was a lunatic and child molester.' 'Haha okay see you at dinner.'

Even religions that sort of seem compatible aren't, like Pagans who, as sort-of pantheists, might be amenable to accepting Jesus or whoever else as another god - but how exactly is Paganism acceptable to the Christian? The Christian, if he's a true believer, will know the Pagan is going to Hell, forever.

Again, anyone who votes 'yes' to this is not being fucking honest about their religious beliefs (to themselves, at any rate). They might be Christians (or Muslims, Bahai'i, Hindu, whatever) in name only, and de-facto agnostics, theists, or atheists, but they're not true believers. No true believer would date outside a faith. Unless they're a giant fucking idiot.

Even atheists and agnostics and theists shouldn't be dating true believers. Worst case, the believer thinks the atheist is going to Hell and the atheist thinks the believer is a retard. Best case, the believer thinks the atheist is wrong but not going to Hell (really only Islam and Christianity have the whole love-me-or-burn angle), and the atheist thinks the believer isn't a retard, but that they're a follower of liars and charlatans. If the religion is important to the believer, they probably shouldn't overlook that.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stahlbestie91 View Post
    Well, I`m dating a catholic girl at the moment. But she`s 10 years younger than me, only 19 so give the whole thing a bit time.
    Your religion is 'nature' according to your profile so let's hope she grows up and finds someone who is honest enough to simply admit they're an atheist or agnostic (as well as someone a bit more age-appropriate, tbqh).

Besides, is your girlfriend truly Catholic? If she is she should be desperately trying to convert you so you don't burn in Hell forever. If she is not doing that, ask yourself if she really cares about you, or she really cares about Catholicism - it's not both, I can guarantee you that.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Your religion is 'nature' according to your profile so let's hope she grows up and finds someone who is honest enough to simply admit they're an atheist or agnostic (as well as someone a bit more age-appropriate, tbqh).

Besides, is your girlfriend truly Catholic? If she is she should be desperately trying to convert you so you don't burn in Hell forever. If she is not doing that, ask yourself if she really cares about you, or she really cares about Catholicism - it's not both, I can guarantee you that.
    Catholics now have moved on from that. Anyway the vast majority of Catholics are pretty lukewarm and a lot of Catholicism is more cultural IMO. By cultural I mean that you are born into it so most people are not hardcore. Anyway it's been a while since Catholics believed they are the only true faith. They are much more ecumenical in their outlook now.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Catholics now have moved on from that.
    No, it is still in your catechism. You could argue that in fact the only *surefire* way of avoiding Hellfire is Catholicism (within Catholicism) and the Church since 1965 no longer knows 'for sure' that the non-baptised are going to Hell - but it's still at the very least a possibility. Besides, isn't it cringe to believe something for 1,700 years and then suddenly switch lanes? Not that you switched lanes.

Anyway the vast majority of Catholics are pretty lukewarm and a lot of Catholicism is more cultural IMO. By cultural I mean that you are born into it so most people are not hardcore. Anyway it's been a while since Catholics believed they are the only true faith. They are much more ecumenical in their outlook now.
    Yes, that's my point, you're not longer true believers. No judgement here, I'm also not a believer. If you were rigid, observant Catholics you'd believe what I said you believe. It is a core tenet of Christianity, like it or not.

Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread Information