Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us who are the celebrities you have met?

COGITO - FACIO - FIO Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-19-2012 @ 06:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Technically I didn't meet him, but in the winter when my mom was pregnant with me she fell on some ice and Harrison Ford helped her up.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

I've met the wife of one of the Doobie Brothers, my mom used to swim with her all of the time. She was really cool, and she and her daugther went to Target one time when I worked there, and the daughter said that I was pretty.

James Hetfield is also in my town, and my brother has met him, as he would come into the Kragen Auto parts store. He would drive up in his car that had the license plate FIXXXER. One time, a girl with going into a liquor store, and he was coming out of it. She went "Oh my god, are you James Hetfield?!!" "Yeah, what's it to you?" was his reply, and she swore to never listen to Metallica again after that. I've also met his bodyguard, as he would shop at the grocery store I worked at all the time.

My step dad is also a clock repairman, and before George Lucas required all persons going onto Skywalker Ranch to have insurance, he would go out there to do housecalls.

I also did a voice acting seminar last October, and got to meet Samatha Paris, who is the preeminent voice acting talent in the country, as she was the one who was teaching the seminar. She was also the voice of Roxy from Jem, among many other things. She was totally awesome, and a great coach. I could tell that she liked my enthusiam, and my ability to take direction decently well. I wish that I had continued with it, but it's very expensive to take the courses, so I've not followed through with that. *sigh* Her school is Voicetrax.

Last Online
    11-17-2012 @ 06:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Divine
    Ethnicity
    German
    Region
    Prussia
    Taxonomy
    Master
    Politics
    Drop Dead Phleg
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

I forgot to mention that I also met (to be precise: accidentally walked into) Ziad Jarrah, allegedly one of the 9-11 pilots, when he was drinking tea with his girlfriend in a cafeteria on the campus of the University of Bochum. When the pictures of the two were shown on national TV and in all newspapers I immediately recognized him.
    Brother, these Americans are shopkeeper souls stinking to heaven. Dead for all spiritual life, totally dead. The nightingale is right that it does not come to these wretched existences. To me it is of serious, deeper meaning that America has no nightingale at all. To me it seems to be poetic justice. A Niagara voice is necessary to preach to these crooks that there are higher Gods than those coined in the mints."

(Nikolaus Lenau, 1833)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

I saw up close, since they were both in an electronics store I used to work at, the late Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. I also saw Matt Hardy about the same time. This was when a WWE show was in town.

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

0 Not allowed!

I was on a concert of Prāta Vētra in Latvia and i got a autograph of Renars Kaupers --- he is the lead singer and swarm of all girls in Latvia!! And i could shake his hand!! That was very cool and super awesome for me! ^_^

He has common with me German ancestry in his family line:

Renārs Kaupers ancestors were probably Baron Friedrich von Stuart from Courland (1761-1842) and Immanuel Kant's niece Henrietta Kant.

What a sweet one

They make songs in English too

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMScr4YniLk[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Inese; 07-06-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Latvian-German Friendship

Last Online
    05-01-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Stock
    Ethnicity
    New Englander
    Ancestry
    Angles & Picts
    Region
    Vermont
    Y-DNA
    R1b L21
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Taxonomy
    A-S
    Politics
    Landscape
    Religion
    Nature
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

The only somewhat famous person that I've met is former NHL star, Cam Neely (primarily played for the Boston Bruins).

I was at a bar in Montreal and I met these two gals from Boston (of all places) and they said "oh, guess who's here?" "Dunno" I said. "Look over there!"

And sure enough, there was Cam Neely sitting at a big, round table all by himself. There was evidence that we was recently surrounded by a posse as there were empty glasses & bottles all over the table, but at that moment, he was solo.

So, having a bit of liquid courage going on, I waltzed over and said hello.

Anyhoo.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 20

0 Not allowed!

I just remembered a few other celebrities I've seen in and around Manchester.

At the Hacienda (yes, this was a long time ago), I spied Ryan Giggs, who plays for Manchester United. Earlier that night, I had seen Shaun Ryder of the Happy Mondays at a bar, getting sloshed. More recently, I saw Sir Alex Ferguson at the Manchester Airport. He nodded to me!

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Undoubtably, the nicest celebrity i have met is Alan Wicker. My friends and i were on a get off the ship trip, we hired a people carrier for the day and drove up into the hills on Papua new Guinea.
    Several hours into the trip we had a puncture, and yes we had no jack to lift the vehicle.There was about 10 of us so we lifted the side of the vehicle and one of us put the new tyre on.
    By the time we had finished and drove back to the ship it was late, we managed to get a lift back on the last tender as the ship was anchored 2 miles out.
    Not realising who he was at first we soon engaged this affable man in conversation, his camera crew, and his female partner were also on board.
    Alan Wicker was on ship making a Wickers World series at the time on board the QE2.
    If you ever get to see a rerun of that old series look out for him when he visits the crew mess at dinner time, you can just see me holding out my plate for chips.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Infant Terrible DarkZarathustra's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Freier Geist & Guter Europäer
    Ancestry
    Frankreich & Skandinavien
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Berlin
    Taxonomy
    Homo Europaus [dunkler Skando-Nordid]
    Politics
    Cultural Nietzscheanism
    Religion
    Die ewige Wiederkunft des Gleichen
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 17

0 Not allowed!

I'd like to meet with Paris Hilton, pink White House don't bad choise.

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Whilst walking around the city of Kobe (Japan) i bumped into the comedy entertainer Bernie Clifton, his comedy routine was to ride about on an ostrich. He was shopping around for a gift for his wife, whilst i was in the market for a samurai sword.
    Eventually we found a shop that i was after, and i made a right idiot of myself
    in front of everybody in the place, as it was full of Jap school kids, as it sold airgun replicas, the shop keeper asked if i knew how to draw a sword to which i said yes, he offered me it and i duly withdrew it from it's scabbard to howls of laughter, and a dry smile from the shop keeper.
    After leaving the shop Bernie put his arm round my shoulder and said "that was bloody strange them kids laughing in there, but it was funny just to see your face when you realised the shop keeper set you up"
    Bernie and i found the gift that was suitable for his wife.(i forget what it was)
    After that we went into the large department stores to try the free saki they were offering.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information