Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Strange the Russians sold you the S-300's. How did the Armenians feel about that?
    I think Kremlin co-ordinates all such dealings with Washington. What the hell Asers are going to destroy with S300? 5 old Migs they have? The cannon against sparrows? The same situation in Syria. Russia sold them several complexes "Bastion" that can annigilate any US carrier in the radius about 500 km. Yes, but wtf Americans will come into the zone? They will do all their best from outside.

Last Online
    10-29-2014 @ 07:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 62

0 Not allowed!

Azerbaijan is going to receive two Green Pine radars as part of the $1.6 billion deal signed with IAI earlier this year.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    I think Kremlin co-ordinates all such dealings with Washington. What the hell Asers are going to destroy with S300? 5 old Migs they have? The cannon against sparrows? The same situation in Syria. Russia sold them several complexes "Bastion" that can annigilate any US carrier in the radius about 500 km. Yes, but wtf Americans will come into the zone? They will do all their best from outside.
    Ever heard of a country called Iran?

Their generals and officials threatened Azerbaijan directly on several occasions.
    Last edited by Yalquzaq; 10-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Last Online
    11-24-2012 @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ever heard of a country called Iran?
    Yeah, I'm in course about Iran (Стенька Разин - и за борт ее бросает).
    Their generals threatened Azerbaijan directly on several occasions.
    Please, be more concrete.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

During 2001 two Iranian jets violated Azerbaijan's airspace and together with a warship forced a research vessel to leave its sector. Now of course the situation are not the same as it was a decade ago, fortunately, but we should definetly not forget that Iran is a big threat to security of Azerbaijan and many of Azerbaijan's moves are connected to that.

Then there is the issue of ethnic Azeri Turks in Iran, the secularism of Azerbaijan (while at the same time being a Shia-majority country and on borders of Iran) and the alliance with Israel.

As for some of recent statements by Iranian officials...

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/05/25...ael-us-lapdog/

http://en.arabstoday.net/index.php?o...=43:arab-world

During early 2012 Azerbaijani ambassador was summoned two times in less than two weeks. Iran also closed its embassy after demonstrations in Baku that supposedly "insulted" their "holy leader" Khamenei.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

During 2001 two Iranian jets violated Azerbaijan's airspace and together with a warship forced a research vessel to leave its sector. Now of course the situation are not the same as it was a decade ago, fortunately, but we should definetly not forget that Iran is a big threat to security of Azerbaijan and many of Azerbaijan's moves are connected to that.
    The dry sediment:
    Iranian fighters visited the Azerbaijan sky in 2001.
    Iranians are bad guys and can threaten to Azerbaijan.
    What else?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

See the links, and probably can find more.

The point is, much of Azerbaijan's moves are connected to the Iranian threat, like the case of S-300s.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The point is, much of Azerbaijan's moves are connected to the Iranian threat, like the case of S-300s.
    Mayby, not from Armenians, yes? Armenia will be supported by Russia in any case (meaning the sky), so there no reasons to have veapons against Armenia. Against Iran? I'm afraid you goverment steals the money right now (without insults, Russia is much worse).

Last Online
    05-18-2013 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    1/4 Welsh,3/4 Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Celtic+Caucasian
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    NS
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Coming from an Armenian that doesn't surprise me. You all hate Turks with a passion, even though Azeris are essentially a Turkified people.
    You want to convince me that i hate turks cause i see no connection between Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape on caspian sea cost in eastern azerbeijan and nagorni karabagh issue or caucasian tatar turkic minority that is rulling azerbeijan ????

We never claimed that eastern part of azerbeijan is armenian land,it was part of armenian empire during Tigrans the great time,but its not armenian land,and we never claimed that there were no good civilized tribes living there.

In fact that land belongs to original native caucasin and iranic people (Talyshs in the south+Lezgins in the north).

I know Armenians in real life here in London ... the first thing they tell you is how they want to wipe all Turks off the face of the earth.
    There are only 10 thousands armenians in whole uk,i dont know how many of them live in london,and how many of them have nervous to debate with someone with such weak logic,at least when it comes to armenian/turkish issues,but i do believe that you should have some debates with turks and azeris and see how they think of us,before blaming any side.

And if you look at how governments are behaving,armenia is calling for peacefull solution of karabagh (the biggest proof that its only spending 300 million dollars per year on military according to the azeri poster here) Azerbeijan on the other side is spending billions of dollars calling for war,making provocations on borders,shooting on elderly people and children in villages that border azerbeijan,and following "All or nothing" policy regarding karabagh issue,though that kind of policy is not suitable at all for the losing side.

They also make any person who kills an armenian soldier while sleeping a national hero.

I think that this storry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramil_Safarov
    Should realy concern you,if you are some one concerned about war mongers/haters as you are prettending to be.
    Last edited by Artavazt; 10-11-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Last Online
    05-18-2013 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    1/4 Welsh,3/4 Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Celtic+Caucasian
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    NS
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    If you are useless warrior it doesn't matter how much money you spend on arms and how modern and sophisticated they are. You will fail at the end.
    I believe the same thing as well.

For example,Saudia Arabia spends billions of dollars on military,Iran can invade it within few days if america does not protect it.

Hezbollah could "defeat" israel in 2006,with its simple military equipments,and israelis couldnt invade southern lebanon,they fought the same way that karbaghi people did in 1991 against azeri army.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information