Slovakia
    Taxonomy
    meow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,516
    Given: 4,502

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    Baathism is an outdated fascist ideology from the 1950s/60s. How can it stay standing with its outdated structure to this day? Generations come and go, and the new generation simply can't adapt to such an ideology..Disregarding the ideology, maybe it might have had some positive principles like unity and "secularism" (only on the surface), but the Assad-led regime used this ideology to turn the country to a hell-hole, to a family cultist country rather than an actual nation with indepedent institutions.

Citizens are treated like sheep, with not a single civil or political right. So there might have been security before the protests, but at what cost does it come? It was run by a KGB/Gestapo-like intelligence that would imprison any one who had a publicly expressed dissenting opinion. The horrors of Syrian prisons are notorious across the Middle East, everyone knows about them.

The blog post is Assadist propaganda. I'm not defending the Free Syrian Army or saying they are saintly, they have their fair share of criminals, but it's unfair and very demeaning to dismiss all the protesters who died and suffered, were tortured and mutilated because they simply dared to raise their voice..as fake or traitors.
    Citizens being treated like sheep is certainly not exclusive to Syria and baathism. And overthrowing the Assad regime does not necessarily guarantee the people any extra civil or political rights.

Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 69

0 Not allowed!

Tuan your love for Turkey is endless... you would even support the devil if it was beneficial to Turkey's interests. Just saying.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kabeiros View Post
    Tuan your love for Turkey is endless... you would even support the devil if it was beneficial to Turkey's interests. Just saying.
    Yawnie yawnie yawn.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Bosanska Krajina
    Country
    Belgium
    Politics
    Hero
    TITO
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 1,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CircassianWine View Post
    You make me laugh. The people are just asking for their rights and to have majority representation. Since the Assad regime consists of a minority that has oppressed the majority and other minorities most notable is the Syrian Arab Bedouin Desert tribes. You are insulting many brave people who died for freedom and honor.

That map is unrealistic and will never happen. We will not lose our regions, and certainly we are not Druze , who are traitors and hence why the Golan Height was lost to Israel, but the Syrian Desert will never be lost, the tribes will defended it to their last drop of blood, it will not be occupied. A loss of land is a loss of honor and the Bedouin tribes will do what ever they can to prevent it's loss, from children to women all were defended, for this is tradition.
    Brave people? I don't think hidding in buildings and commiting terrorist attacks is being brave, the CIA and other intelligence agencies were the ones who lighted the fire and that armed those rebels. This map will happen, Arabs will be whipped from the map and nobody will say anything since the West will be into serious internal problems, everything is done to make the civilization clash happen, and behind this stand the Jewish people. Arabs are like Native Americans, no matter what Israel is superior and will get your oil reserves.

Last Online
    05-29-2021 @ 09:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Palestine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,015
    Given: 1,308

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Serhildan View Post
    FSA will be worst, two days ago they tortured 100 Kurds. And the FSA attacked us, if they hadn't entered the areas under the control of the Kurds, which they also agreed that they wouldn't, there would not have been any clashes. I don't like Bashar or the FSA, but the FSA is dragging us into this conflict.
    I really agree with you that FSA is probably even worse, many of them are disgusting and they have their fair share of criminals and are now drunk with power, thinking they can do whatever they like with no limits. Nonetheless, when I defend the revolution, I'm defending those who stayed clean and the civilians who protested peacefully without resorting to any dirty tactics. The regime views them as animals, and people blaming them for ruining Syria ignore that it was the regime that started this entire mess. People initially started protesting in MArch 2011 in absolutely non-violent manner, but the regime responded in it's typical KGB style: Arrests, torture, sending army tanks, kidnappings. This opened pandora's box.

It's shameful what the FSA is doing to Kurds and I hope the Kurds do defend themselves, but please stay aware of the bigger game here..I've criticized the Turkish government in different aspects before but this time, it's clear Syria and Turkey is having some sort of proxy war, and Syria's involvement in arming the PKK is part of their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Onur View Post
    Farah, the sole reason of the existence of kurdish military-like formations is to be used as a joker-card against Syrians, Iranians, Arabs, Turks depending of whom they get orders from.

They can be peons of USA, Syria, Iran, Israel or any powerhouse and they have no choice other than fulfilling this role.
    I know there's a deep conflict between Turks and Kurds, and the issue of Kurdish rights & independence so I don't mean to touch upon that, but this time it's clear Syria is trying to get back at Turkey for Turkey's support for the FSA. It's a scary game, innocents get caught in between..

Quote Originally Posted by Alenka View Post
    Citizens being treated like sheep is certainly not exclusive to Syria and baathism. And overthrowing the Assad regime does not necessarily guarantee the people any extra civil or political rights.
    But what is the alternative. I agree there's probably no real democracy anywhere in the world (except perhaps maybe in some Scandinavian countries?) but Syria's brutal authoritarianism is not comparable to many other places. Maybe North Korea. I'm not saying it's going to be dandy and great after Assad falls, but then do you want people to stay living under an authoritarian hellhole forever? These citizens have the right to choose something difference, for once.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information