Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Save your breath, there will eventaullay be a vote on Irish reunification. Your scenario is only good if the vote is under the first past the post system currently employed. Whence you could stack the vote in favour of any desired result. However there will be future referendum consisting of one vote one person. Under the Northern Ireland peace process pledge of "No change to the status of Northern Ireland without the express consent of the people" , that is the simple fate that has been sealed, because demographics works with the Native Irish.

That’s not going to happen, thousands of Roman Catholics recent surveys have found that over 20% of Roman Catholics are in favour of Northern Ireland staying within the United Kingdom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OPwHHI9sy0

A young Roman Catholic from West Belfast who has joined the UUP, he’s not the only one, plenty of young Roman Catholics have joined the UUP at the Coleraine campus of the University of Ulster.

Going by the last European elections were Sinn Fein topped the poll, tens of thousands of Unionists who would usually vote didn’t vote because they were sickened by the DUP sharing power with the IRA, hopefully these tens of thousands a votes will be picked up by the BNP in the future. Unionism still managed to beat the two nationalist parties in terms of the overall vote and in getting two MEPs elected. The future for Unionism is a strong one at present, even simple things like local councils for the first time in years Unionists are holding the position of Lord Mayor in the majority of councils right throughout the Province. The idea that we’re on the final stretch towards Irish unification is utter nonsense with even die hard republicans admitting that a United Ireland is further away than ever.

Dissident republicans tactics are at present to murder policemen so British soldiers have to be deployed again on the streets of Northern Ireland, so come on we are hardly witnessing the final phase of Irish unification or as you cal it re-unification what’s that all of the Island of Ireland under the Union flag ?

There has always been a clearly defined Ulster:

Yes Ulster has always been clearly defined as different from the rest of the Island of Ireland some would argue from the time of black pigs dyke and the trench system separating it from the raiding Irish of Connacht. Ulster has always varied in size but the fact remains that the 9 County Province of Ulster that republicans like to yap on about was created as nothing more than an Elizabethan administration unit.

If the Irish colonized Scotland (Dalriada) and my Clan...

too many of our more "loyal" citizens bring shame on the word "Scottish" and abuse the Scots culture in such a way as to portray it as anti Irish. I my self believe that the Irish catholics have more in common with Scots protestant highlanders than Irish Protestants, eg. our common Gaelic language, our names, our features and our outlook. Ireland and Scotland are indeed one nation joined by water rather than divided by it, too much english self interest has seeped in and set the rot though, imagine if we could set aside religious and political differences and unite under the banner of GAEL how much influence the eireannach/albanach could assert. Erin go brach,,,Alba go brach.

Clearly the Irish and those Highland Scots dont see themselves as British but Gaels because British is an invention of multi-culturalism. And in Scotland they admit that Low Landers (ie: your people the squatters) are Anglo-Saxon in origin.
    I don’t see what point your trying to make in all honesty. Gaelic culture is a part of our British heritage. In North Antrim the genetic blood pool is that heavily mixed that all the people wither Catholic or Protestant can’t be defined as anything other than of British stock. Even in the Glens there is no such thing as ethnic Gaels the local communities have been hit that hard by migration away from Belfast and so on that the likes of Carnlough, Cushendull, Cushendun have hardly even got there own distinct accent left and Ballycastle is as British as you can get. The number of even English and Scottish couples that you get living in and around it is staggering. The Glens area might be an area with strong Gaelic cultural significance but the Protestant population in it are some of the most hard-line loyalists you will find anywhere in the Province and the Roman Catholic population many of them are proud to be British and considering some parts of the Glens is nearly 100% Roman Catholic Irish republicanism is not strong at all and most of the trouble that has ever came from the Glens area has been due to ones from Belfast causing the problems so your idea that the people don’t see themselves as British just isn’t true if you compared such territorial land that’s controlled by the Roman Catholics from Ballycastle to Cushendull and Waterfoot the amount of republican activity in the area can’t be compared to the likes of South Armagh (Crossmaglen),East Tyrone (Ardboe-The Loup), Londonderry (Cityside).

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlueBear View Post
    Informative post.

Sinn Fein Willie Clarke father is a Protestant from the Annalong direction, so it would be interesting to know were his families ancestors came from.
    Great I can take your refusal to answer my points to your previous post as a victory for myself in this matter.

Last Online
    02-01-2015 @ 12:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Lowland Scots, Anglo-Saxon & Gaelic Irish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Scotland
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Foley View Post
    Great I can take your refusal to answer my points to your previous post as a victory for myself in this matter.
    Good for you!

The noise you are now hearing is the sound of nobody giving a flying fuck.
    IN MY DEFENS GOD ME DEFEND

Be Britain still to Britain true, Amang ourselves united
    For never but by British hands, Maun British wrangs be righted!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
    Good for you!

The noise you are now hearing is the sound of nobody giving a flying fuck.
    Oh Fuck..............

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246