Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Bulgaria has better beaches than Croatia.

I have been traveling by car almost along the entire croatian coast and I didint see any sandy beaches.

I olso remember that in Dubrovnik the only beach there was going down with a 300 m long stepway,you had to pay for entrence and the beach was like 40 m long with giant rocks taking about half of the space.

Bulgaria has a rather short coastline compared to Greece,Turkey and Croatia,only 400 km.
    But I wouldnt say its bad or anything.

Last edited by Bugarash 1893; 11-07-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Make your short life immortal Bugarash 1893's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-05-2017 @ 01:33 PM
    The place where the natives are treated as second hand citizens
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar,Slavic,Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,037

0 Not allowed!

It looks very nice .. but how about the people? Are they really that unfriendly to tourists?
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Make your short life immortal Bugarash 1893's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-05-2017 @ 01:33 PM
    The place where the natives are treated as second hand citizens
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar,Slavic,Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How can you take an conlusion out of one case?
    I mean bad situations happen but thats to a small minority of people.
    And a person should olso chose the spot for vacation.
    There are some places that are more for quanity than quality,Sunny Beach is one of them.

Another example of a isolated case that will produce anticommercial

UK tourist alleges racism in Bulgaria

A British tourist who holidayed in Varna says that she was the target of racist behaviour.

Aisha J.Bingham's story appeared in the UK's Colourful Radio's morning show. Bingham, aged 25, who works in London as a local government officer, arrived in Varna on August 13 with her 20-year-old sister Fayola and rented a villa near the city. They were later joined by Bingham's 14-year-old brother, Omar. This was their first visit to Bulgaria, made at the recommendation of a Bulgarian friend.

On the day following their arrival, Aisham said, people were leaning out of their cars and barking like dogs at them.

"We were getting the looks, the stares and the scornful glances," Aisham told Colourful Radio.

"We hadn't seen any black people at all, so we thought maybe it's just that they haven't encountered black people and were unsure of how to treat us or curious about what we look like." On August 18 things got worse, Aisham said.

The Binghams were having lunch at a seaside restaurant when a man in his late 20s approached them and started insulting them, shouting at them in fluent English: "what the f... are you doing here? You don't belong in Europe. Get the f... out of my country. I f...... hate you. You're a f...... nigger."

What surprised Aisham even more was that "nobody in the restaurant got up to help me. Nobody in the restaurant said anything to the man. I was so shocked and embarrassed". She asked people in the restaurant for help but no one responded, she says. After some time, a waitress came up to her and told her "not to worry, it's the tradition, that's what the people do".

Immediately after the incident, Aisham and her family went straight to the villa and tried to contact the police but found no one who spoke English. They then called the British embassy in Sofia but were told, they say, that there was nothing that the embassy could do apart from call a lawyer or interpreter to assist with communication. Aisha told Colourful Radio that she had not left the villa since the August 18 incident, and only made occasional trips to the supermarket to buy food during daylight hours because she was too afraid to leave the villa. Her flight back to the UK was scheduled for August 31 and because she could not afford an earlier flight, she had to wait till then.

How are you feeling after the incidents?

Although I have gotten over the initial shock of what occurred on August 18, I am still extremely angry and hurt that in the year 2006, black people are still being treated as outcasts.

I am still in Varna and although I went out yesterday after more than five days indoors, I still feel very apprehensive and unwelcome.

Can you say that there is a generally hostile attitude among Bulgarians towards black people?

I sincerely believe that many Bulgarians are racists, this is not just because of the two incidents that have occurred. I also cannot ignore the scornful stares and giggles we receive each time we step out the door. Nor can I ignore the statement made by a Bulgarian waitress who was in the restaurant when the man assaulted me that "it is tradition"; that little statement summed it up for me, she would not have made that statement without some knowledge of the fact that this seems to be the general consensus of Bulgarians.
    Gareth Roberts, a spokesperson at the British embassy in Bulgaria, answering a question from Black Britain - a subsidiary of Colourful Radio - said "racism is not something we have come across in Bulgaria" and "from our side of things, this is the first consular case related to racial abuse that we have been made aware of. We haven't been involved in any similar cases involving black British nationals".

Could you assume that your experience is an isolated case?

I would assume no such thing. Perhaps I am the only person who has brought it to their attention but then you must ask yourself what percentage of black people actually visit your country each year, if any, and then find out from them how they felt? It is unfair to say that this is an isolated incident since this is not just one incident but three, plus the unwelcome stares. Let me emphasise that I felt forced to bring this to light because of the amount of separate incidents that have taken place.

Do you think to take any other actions, besides the media coverage, once you go back to UK?

Absolutely! Media coverage is the best form of exposure but not just with Colourful Radio, I am certainly going to get bigger media outlets aware of what I have been through if possible. The more I expose countries such as this of the racial hatred that exists, the quicker people are more inclined to do something about it.

Would you recommend to other people to avoid Bulgaria because of such incidents?

Definitely, consider it done! I would not recommend anybody, black or white, to come to this country, and the word is already out! I see no need for anyone of an ethnic background to stay and associate with people who outwardly hate another human being.

Kretschmonaut Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    българин
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Discordianism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,090
    Given: 4,184

0 Not allowed!

Filthy racists!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-20-2022 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Super sayan
    Country
    Greenland
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,961
    Given: 2,131

0 Not allowed!

there are some blacks who study in bulgaria , and i don't noted racism towards them , but sure there are some racist in bulgaria like in every nation

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    I personally do not make any money off them. They just occupy space on the streets of my city, my beach, which I may require for other purposes, and pollute my sea.
    Typical Eastern-European attitude.

Kretschmonaut Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    българин
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Discordianism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,090
    Given: 4,184

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Typical Eastern-European attitude.
    Bulgaria is South-Eastern European. If we are Eastern Europe you are Baltic, you see.

Typical Northern-European attitude...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44352
    Last edited by morski; 11-10-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Last Online
    10-04-2016 @ 03:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 110

0 Not allowed!

I, as a fellow Bulgarian, agree to some degree. The Black Sea resorts are usually famous amongst drunkheads and peasants from Germany and the UK.

If you want good service you should go to Bali or Bora-Bora.

It amazes me how most tourists come to Bulgaria with high expectations and then return home disappointed. For this low prices you get what it is supposted to be gotten, so stop complaining

Native Bulgarians never go to all-inclusive. It's for deluded tourists. And unfortunately we killed our tourism with such tourists.

Last Online
    01-28-2015 @ 05:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    dardanian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Ancestry
    trolls who mixed with illyrian gods and and then came to mix with bardhyll an illyrian king and so o
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    pred atlantoid with borreby and dinarid influences
    Politics
    no more pussies
    Religion
    chickz want me
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,388
    Given: 2,630

0 Not allowed!

i've been in burgas and its a very nice place and kind people
    in all places of the world you have chance of being ripped of or that people can steal something from you

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information