Taxonomy
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default White Power vs. Black Power in small Texas town

White Power vs. Black Power in small Texas town

PARIS, Texas (AP) On one side of a downtown street in this eastern Texas town stood about 200 protesters, chanting "Black Power" and led by a group of New Black Panthers clad in paramilitary outfits and black berets. On the other side of the street stood a couple dozen counter-protesters, a few yelling "White power!" while some skinheads waved Nazi flags.

The conflict began with a protest Tuesday by about 100 mostly black activists upset over the state's handling of the case of a black man who was run over and dragged by a vehicle.

The crowd eventually ballooned to more than 200 people in the third courthouse protest in Paris over the death of 24-year-old Brandon McClelland, whose body was found Sept. 16 on a country road outside town. A prosecutor cited a lack of evidence in dropping murder charges last month against two white men arrested in his death.

The most dramatic moments Tuesday came when the demonstrators avoided a designated protest zone and continued to the town square. After several tense minutes of the groups shouting and inching closer together, about 35 state troopers wearing helmets and carrying shields marched into the crowd. No blows were exchanged.

The protests were led by members of the Houston chapters of the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party. The Southern Poverty Law Center considers both organizations to be black separatist groups and hate groups.

source

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

The difference is, I think, fairly obvious. The black power group is more or less a large and unorganized mob of black hooligans (i.e. gangbangers) whereas the white group might be capable of some kind of cohesive activity. Not that I'd put much stock in Nazi wannabes, but they're much more agreeable to me than the other guys.

Thread Information