Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else been diagnosed with a health/mental disorder?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-19-2018 @ 01:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,483
    Given: 5,214

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    My opinion is that most mental illness diagnosis is not really mental illness at all but is caused by other factors like a vitamin deficiency, fluoride, lack of mineralization in waters (water should have small traces of lithium salts), wheat allergies, and food allergies to subsidized low quality soy oil, canola, or high fructose corn syrup. All this stuff can cause issues with the thyroid and also messes with your mental state.
    Don't forget toxic social environments.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 09:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    U4d2, U5a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,486
    Given: 3,662

1 Not allowed!

Not any more. Thankfully I'm ok now.

Last Online
    02-14-2022 @ 12:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer-Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    South Africa
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a2c
    mtDNA
    H3
    Politics
    Afrikaner Nationalism
    Religion
    Calvinism/Reformed Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,279
    Given: 384

2 Not allowed!

It's weird, sometimes you forget that everyone on here is a person with their own life full of problems and fears until you see a thread like this. I hope all of you are okay.
    Personally, I've struggled with depression for as long as I can remember. It's all identity issues with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    I'm trying very hard to imagine myself eating my cats with my asshole. It's not working.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,753
    Given: 17,041

2 Not allowed!

If physical illnesses were treated like mental illnesses.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 08:22 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,568
    Given: 27,903

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Moriendi View Post
    I had picked up this from your posting history, although didn't expect it to be that bad. I'm very sorry to hear.
    I also had a nightmare problem (just woke up 30 mins ago and had one), and was developing some form of agoraphobia like you describe. Fortunately, it's much of a less problem nowadays.

I hope you get better in time. Best wishes.
    Thanks for your considerate words, I appreciate it. I'm not seeking empathy or pity from people, nor do I want to burden others with my own problems, but I wanted to share and contribute this to make anyone else with their own problems know that they're not alone with this. Initially I was too afraid to say anything here about it for fear people would use it against me, so it took several months for me to pluck-up the courage to contribute to this thread.

I went into hospitals as a child as I'd lock myself away at school from the other children and was afraid of people. My mum found me hiding in the attack one day as I was too afraid to go to school and another time I took an overdose just to avoid going to school. I've had stays in hospitals before I was even an adult, but I've always been a quiet person who likes my own company and would get nervous around other children at school, especially the bullies and loud people who I found overbearing and draining.

I had to finish my school education in a hospital where there was 3 people to a class, but I met some lovely patients whilst staying there, it was a small quiet hospital in the countryside for teenagers suffering from acute psychiatric problems, such as eating disorders, phobias and depression, and I felt able to relate to them more.

Since taking the anti-depressants regularly, my mood has definitely improved. I'm not happy or 'high' (some people mistake anti-depressants as making people feel 'happy'), I just feel more stable. I used to lay helplessly in my bed shutting the world out and not wanting people to see that I wasn't coping. I used to keep wondering why this was happening to me, why I couldn't help myself to snap out of it. That was the worst part in feeling I couldn't help myself.

I wasn't intentionally trying to lose weight, it's just that my appetite got lost in the midst of the depression. Then the doctors would find me and take me into hospital. I try my best to eat healthily again now, and I drink complan on days when I don't feel like eating (which provides vitamins and nutrients in a milk-based drink). I take vitamin supplements too. All this has helped me and things are improving, but there's still a long way to go. I can see light at the end of the tunnel now, and I have more confidence in things getting better now, whereas before the treatment, the situation seemed so hopeless.

I think there's lots of people with problems in life and they can also wear a mask in society in pretending to be fine when asked - it's actually the lie people tell the most when people say, "I'm fine''.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2015 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,275
    Given: 1,534

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    I think there's lots of people with problems in life and they can also wear a mask in society in pretending to be fine when asked - it's actually the lie people tell the most when people say, "I'm fine''.
    FINE = Fucked up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional

I know .

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,015
    Given: 18,435

0 Not allowed!

Never diagnosed, but if I tried to find something I'd surely find. I think I'm better being willfully ignorant this time.

Last Online
    02-24-2018 @ 12:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    sinic
    Country
    Micronesia
    Y-DNA
    c3 (genghis khan)
    mtDNA
    g1
    Politics
    rightish, anti-globalist
    Religion
    non-religious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 733

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    If physical illnesses were treated like mental illnesses.

this would be an even better solution

for mental illnesses that is, not real ones

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 10:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    White British
    Ancestry
    Ancestors so far from England,Scotland and Ireland.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Z16664
    mtDNA
    H67
    Politics
    left wing
    Hero
    Martin Luther King
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,297
    Given: 73

0 Not allowed!

Have had following dxes over 41 years of psychiatric treatment- schizophrenia,schizoaffective mixed type,personality disorder NOS and paranoid personality disorder.
    Symptoms include anxiety(general and social) mood swings depression paranoia problems with perception/planning/and social interaction very poor social skills.

I am not fond of DSM/ICD psychiatric diagnoses and prefer to describe myself as having currently primary anxiety with secondary mood and thought problems.
    Have been on risperdal consta depot since 2009( before that other antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and occasional anti depressants.

Also possible learning difficulty- never diagnosed (much higher verbal than non verbal IQ) and nearer to non verbal learning disorder than aspergers.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,729
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Yes, I'm an aspie.................Common among children of engineers looooool
    Last edited by Jana; 12-15-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information