Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else been diagnosed with a health/mental disorder?

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I was thinking for some minutes if i should write in this thread or not!! You know , i dont wanted to talk about it but some people in the thread do and then i think it is only fair when i write about me also.

Hm i try to make it short:

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder two years past. Sometimes i have a very euphoric and funny mood and sometimes i am depressed and feel sad! That was a reason to go a doctor with my mother and i got the diagnosis after some sessions. But he said i have no strong form. I dont take the psychotropic medicament he prescribed me ---- i feel i can handle it alone!! And i was not at any psycho doctor in the last around two years.

And before we moved here to Germany i was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder by a Latvian doctor. I have received the diagnose after the event where my father was stabbed and i pushed against a wall!! I was writing a little bit more some month back here http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...?t=2265&page=2

And that is all. I hope you dont use my opneness against me!! Please. I am not crazy or retarded and i am not in therapy or on medicaments.
    Last edited by Inese; 07-27-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Latvian-German Friendship

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Inese View Post
    I dont take the psychotropic medicament he prescribed me ---- i feel i can handle it alone!!
    Oh no, that is a huge mistake...

Bipolar is not a debilitating disorder, provided that you take your medicine. That is the good thing about it, it is rather treatable and you will not have problems in your life.

But when in the manic state you feel so "hyper" and absolutely "great" so you don't want to take your medication.
    This is the most common thing that bipolar individuals do.

But after the manic stage climaxes, you'll get depressed! And it will be very hard to regain your neurochemical balance back...

Even if you do have the mildest form, please don't neglect doctor's suggestions... At least consult him regularly and do not neglect yourself...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post

Bipolar is not a debilitating disorder, provided that you take your medicine. That is the good thing about it, it is rather treatable and you will not have problems in your life.

But when in the manic state you feel so "hyper" and absolutely "great" so you don't want to take your medication.
    This is the most common thing that bipolar individuals do.

But after the manic stage climaxes, you'll get depressed! And it will be very hard to regain your neurochemical balance back...

Even if you do have the mildest form, please don't neglect doctor's suggestions... At least consult him regularly and do not neglect yourself...
    Not necessarily Absinthe, I was diagnosed with a mild form of Bipolar when I was at University. You have a choice, either be prescribed Lithium which you will have to take for the rest of your life and feel like shit (it takes the depression and mania away but you feel completely exhausted, almost drunk), or just put up with the rollercoastering which you get used to. Personally, I find simple things like listening to music a fantastic antedote to melancholia - as they say, music soothes a troubled soul. Still get good and bad days, but never reach the suicidal stage these days.

Good luck to you Inese, I'm sure you'll find your own way in dealing with it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European ethnicities
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Alpine-Med
    Politics
    Anti-Liberalism/Anti-Woke BS
    Hero
    Joachim Peiper, Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, Gabriele D'Annunzio, Julius Evola
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheism, Gnosticism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

Now that I think of it more I may not be be a hypochondriac. It's likely just something to do with my anxiety disorder. But who knows, it does run in the family.

I appreciate the openness of the members who've posted in this thread. Anxiety disorder was my first official diagnosis. I no longer take medication for it though since it only dumbed me down. It never did much but dry my mouth out and make me a zombie.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post

Hm yes but i dont know if the trend to prescripe medicaments for everything is a good trend ---- i have no big problems without medicaments and i can life with it!! The euphoric phases are great and i see it as a advantage to have a good mood when others are angry with the world!! You know , one teacher called me "Miss sunshine" because i can look so happy and nothing brings me down. There are weeks were i feel absolute super! lol

The other phases are not so great you are right. I feel not good and have no big motivation to do something, i can be sad and think much. But it is not so bad that i hate my life or the people around me!! I find exitement when i am with my friends or watching wonderful movies!! I have a mild form and i have support of my family, in winter i sleep more. When i think it becomes too much for me i can search help anytime , of course!

What i ask me: Is the trend with diagnosed psychological disorder a wrong trend?? It goes trough my mind. Psychological disorders can not be proven with medicine and it is in the eyes of the psychologist or psychater if a person has a disorder or not!! What a psychologist sees as a disorder the next psychologist could see it as a normal mood swing. In the past very less people were diagnosed with disorders but now there are so many new disorders and it does not stop!! I have read a little bit to understand my disorder more and the ICD index is crazy , with every ICD update new disorders are born!! Psychological disorders are a mind product of psychologists to classify behavior of people!! I ask what was 100 years ago?? When you go after psychologists many childs have ADHD today!! But is it everytime true?? It is not good to make complete parts of society to ill persons!

My opinion is that i dont know if i have it what they say or not , on paper i have bipolar disorder but i can handle it myself and for me they are only normal mood swings ---- every person feels sometimes good and bad or not?!! And i dont want that medicaments control my life!! I am a adult girl now and i will do what is think is correct.
    Last edited by Inese; 07-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Ok Inese, I am just saying that you should generally be taking care of yourself and not leave things to chance because you have a whole life ahead of you and you should enjoy it to the maximum extent...

I know that the manic phase is perceived as very pleasant by those experiencing it, but it may frequently lead to some unwanted consequences, such as compulsive buys, irritability, narcissistic tendencies, denial, aggressiveness, inability to concentrate, sleep disruption, etc...

Not saying that you should necessarily exhibit any of those, just to be careful and take good care of yourself...

Last Online
    12-10-2009 @ 06:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders
    Politics
    Green Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen (Nature & Tradition)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

i dont know if the trend to prescripe medicaments for everything is a good trend
    Is the trend with diagnosed psychological disorder a wrong trend?
    I agree completely. The pharma companies just want to sell as many doses of their latest new psych pill as they possibly can and the government is happy people suddenly behave obediently. Without anyone really caring

1) whether the pills are necessary or not
    2) whether the pills actually do any good or whether they're harmful.

Just go to any school that has a high concentration of less intelligent pupils and look at how many of them pop a Ritalin several times a day. 20 years ago those kids were climbing in trees or working on the fields. Some people just aren't made to sit on a chair and listen to a bigwig talking endlessly about some random Roman emperor's fifth wife's interest in barn animals (or whatever they teach kids in history class these days)

But as long as people on psychotropic pills are easier for the government to control, and make the pharma companies a lot of money, they won't stop peddling their filth.
    When good men are the rulers and the program-makers for a society, the population as a whole will reflect this, and people with no
    originality or moral sense of direction of their own will nevertheless fervently support the highest aims of their society. But when evil
    men rule, as has been the case in the Western World for many years now, most of the population will wallow happily in degeneracy of the worst
    kind and will self-righteously parrot every filthy and destructive idea that they have been taught.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes okay , thank!! If i feel too bad i always seek help , i am not stupid. When i am ill and if it is more than a cold i go to a doctor and when i think my psyche is too miserable i will go to a psychologist again!! Promise okay?? But my mood swings are not so terrible. Mood swings are normal at many people and i dont trust psychologists that all are bipolar!! And when i feel down i know that it is only a matter of a little time until i feel very much better! ^_^

It ruins not my life and i go my way , it do not stop me from anything and no one who knows me could think of my " disorder" until i tell them if i want. You know i joined Apricity in last november and i had some depressive phases in that time! Could you feel any differences in my writing behaviour?? No. And i have good coping methods --- family, friends , music, television and sleeping!! I always know that i had much luck in my life with many things --- our living standard after leaving Latvia , my super family and parents, my friends, my looks , my character and many more. I know what i have and i give a middlefinger to my bad mood phases!! Dispite all my bad experiences i like my life.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

I went to a doctor once when I was in high school and he said I was mildly obsessive, anxious, and depressed.

I tried an anti-depressant for 1 week and then threw it out after stomach aches and a depleted sex-drive. I was depressed for f**k's sake, don't take away one of the only things which gave me pleasure. I decided I'd rather be able to wank, and be slightly miserable than be an acquiescent eunuch. The doctors never listen to what the patients are really telling them, they just want to prescribe medication, so they can make more money.

When I was in school, I'd have these stomach aches, and then when I asked to go to the bathroom, I'd leave class and then immediately they'd go away. The classes were 1 hour and 45 minutes long and contained the most annoying, pointless, soul-crushing bitch-work imaginable. Not to mention I was smarter than many of my teachers (and much more modest to boot, ).

When I went to college, I felt free for the first time in my life. I was euphoric. I could shave my head, or dye it blue without having to listen to anyone's bitching. I realized all my stomach cramps and most of my reflux problem was stress induced.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    02-25-2010 @ 06:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Thank Goodness no, Elfichka. I am a healthy person..

Perhaps I have some insomnia disorder, sometimes difficulty in falling asleep.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information