View Poll Results: Should there be a union of turkic speaking countries (similar to EU)?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 76.92%
  • No

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Turkic-speaking countries begin transition to Latin alphabet

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 11:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    turkÏc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,973
    Given: 3,721

0 Not allowed!

Default All Turkic-speaking countries begin transition to Latin alphabet

All Turkic-speaking countries began the transition to a unified Latin alphabet, Azerbaijani Parliamentary Culture Committee Chairman Nizami Jafarov told Trend.

The statement made by the President of Kazakhstan on the country's transition to the Latin alphabet will contribute to this process, he said.

"Kazakhstan has long been carrying out preparatory work for the transition to the Latin alphabet. Earlier a delegation arrived in Azerbaijan on behalf of the President of Kazakhstan, they were interested in our experience. Kazakhstan has some difficulties in carrying out this work, because there are many Russian-speaking people," he said.

Kazakhstan's transition to the Latin alphabet will play a crucial role in the use of the Latin alphabet in Central Asia, Jafarov said.

"Kyrgyz and Kazakh are similar. In addition, Kyrgyz, Tatars and Bashkirs are under the cultural influence of Kazakhstan, and this will speed up the transition to the Latin alphabet in the region," he stressed.

Uzbekistan was the quickest to move to Latin alphabet among the countries of Central Asia, and there's almost half of newspapers published using the Latin alphabet, the chairman of the committee said.

Kazakhstan intends to move from Cyrillic alphabet to Latin one by 2025, President Nursultan Nazarbayev said at a meeting dedicated to the 21st anniversary of independence on Friday.

http://en.trend.az/news/society/2099235.html

Nice development, this will make cultural and economical cooperation much easier. Maybe even an union one day?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 01:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 895
    Given: 497

0 Not allowed!

All Turkic-speaking countries begin transition to Latin alphabet
    Good call if they truly wish to be independent.

Last Online
    10-31-2023 @ 06:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 306
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!

Next step is dropping the Russian/Slavic name suffixes?

Last Online
    01-12-2015 @ 11:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-CTS1096*
    mtDNA
    J1b3b
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,471
    Given: 1,578

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnificent View Post
    Next step is dropping the Russian/Slavic name suffixes?
    I dont know what keeps them it havent happened already? it surely be easier than changing whole alphabet..

Kiremil, ket!
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 10:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turanian
    Ethnicity
    Turk, from Caspian Sea to Balkans! ;)
    Ancestry
    Father: Ahıska Turk+Terekeme/Qarapapaq Mother: Anatolian Turk+Balkan Turk+Some Crimean
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    I2-L68(Southern Caucasus/Caspian)
    mtDNA
    H2a3(Central Asia)
    Taxonomy
    Alföldi Turanid+Pontid+Dinarid
    Politics
    Left-wing Nationalism on a pan-Turkist, Kemalist way.
    Hero
    Atatürk, Mohammed(pbuh), Sultangaliyev, Attila, Mehmed II, Mansur Yavaş!!
    Religion
    Quranist Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 630
    Given: 301

0 Not allowed!

We should also develop a common language. For interested Turkish users, there is a facebook page for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabgu View Post
    There is no ethnicity called "Anatolian", and no such thing as "Anatolian Greek genes" or "Armenoid genes".. It is a political rhetoric to cause identity erosion.. Eastern Huns are considered to be the ancestors of modern day Turks and they were a hybrid of Asiatic and Caucasian, but more dominantly Caucasian.. Hun was not an ethnicity itself, but a large tribal confederative structure.. That is why Turks already had a rich genetic pool before the full conquest of Anatolia region..

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Anatolia and Balkans
    Country
    Turkey
    Hero
    Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 1,819

0 Not allowed!

To be honest I actually don't care about the alphabet but about the language sense not only Russian but all foreign influence such as Arabic, Persian aswell as French shoud disappear as there still are many of them. It's saddening how people use these words more frenquently than their Turkic equilavents. Switching to Old Turkic alphabet would also be nice but that's too fantastic and far from reality so it would be fine to stick out with Latin since it's possibly most fitting alphabet for Turkic languages.

Here's a list of replaced loanwords in Turkish. I try to use words of Turkish origin as much as I can.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ergenekon View Post
    To be honest I actually don't care about the alphabet but about the language sense not only Russian but all foreign influence such as Arabic, Persian aswell as French shoud disappear as there still are many of them. It's saddening how people use these words more frenquently than their Turkic equilavents. Switching to Old Turkic alphabet would also be nice but that's too fantastic and far from reality so it would be fine to stick out with Latin since it's possibly most fitting alphabet for Turkic languages.

Here's a list of replaced loanwords in Turkish. I try to use words of Turkish origin as much as I can.
    I'm not sure if further tinkering with the language is a good thing, because otherwise we will end up in a situation in which our youth will not be able to read its own literature from the past, like most people can't read Ottoman-Turkish script nowadays (something I regret). Language is a breathing, dynamic thing, not something to be imposed from above, in my opinion. But I would agree on preventing further degeneration of the language, of course.

Last Online
    03-11-2015 @ 12:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian-Syrian Turk
    Ancestry
    Militant Qizilbash
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Med-Iranid
    Politics
    Legalize it
    Hero
    Lauri A. Törni
    Religion
    Alevi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

If they don't get rid of their Russkie imitated dictators, change in their alphabets will not make any sense for them. Cyrillic Alphabet and -ov suffixes at the end of their family names comes to prove their so-called leaders' loyalty to mother Russia. The cunts like Kerimov and Nazarbayev should be like Assad. Those cunt Kerimov and Nazarbayev living in glass houses and somebody should break those glass houses. Anyway, after dealing with Syria we may count Kerimov as blacklisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepulp View Post
    You're a pervert and I am around 10 years older than him. Who the hell are you anyway asshole?

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Anatolia and Balkans
    Country
    Turkey
    Hero
    Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 1,819

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnificent View Post
    I'm not sure if further tinkering with the language is a good thing, because otherwise we will end up in a situation in which our youth will not be able to read its own literature from the past, like most people can't read Ottoman-Turkish script nowadays (something I regret). Language is a breathing, dynamic thing, not something to be imposed from above, in my opinion. But I would agree on preventing further degeneration of the language, of course.
    It would be all screwed up if you do all these change at once. People slowly accepting "new" words, would do the trick. Ottoman Turkish script was simply Arabic script with so many Arabic and Persian influence in language, and in my opinion was also far from Turkish itself. We're getting to what really belongs to us closer and closer this way.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ergenekon View Post
    It would be all screwed up if you do all these change at once. People slowly accepting "new" words, would do the trick. Ottoman Turkish script was simply Arabic script with so many Arabic and Persian influence in language, and in my opinion was also far from Turkish itself. We're getting to what really belongs to us closer and closer this way.
    That sounds more plausible. And let there be no misunderstanding; I think the Latin alphabet fits the Turkish language better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information