Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Churches and Monasteries in the Republic of Macedonia

  1. #11
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Vojnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Location
    Asia-Pacific
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Lerinskiot Kraj
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Macedonian Orthodox Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    8,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,285/192
    Given: 3,805/82

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Church of Saint Sophia (Crkva Sveta Sofija) is a church located in Ohrid and is said to have been built during the rule of Boris I of Bulgaria (852 – 889).











    Vojnik_scaled

    Paleo-Balkanic,55.2
    Sclavenes,36.2
    Slavic,7.6
    Siberian,1

  2. #12
    Kretschmonaut Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    morski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    05-22-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    българин
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Discordianism
    Gender
    Posts
    7,658
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,140/84
    Given: 4,223/72

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Been there, wonderful place.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Vojnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Location
    Asia-Pacific
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Lerinskiot Kraj
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Macedonian Orthodox Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    8,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,285/192
    Given: 3,805/82

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Did you go recently? what did you think of Ohrid in general?
    Vojnik_scaled

    Paleo-Balkanic,55.2
    Sclavenes,36.2
    Slavic,7.6
    Siberian,1

  4. #14
    Kretschmonaut Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    morski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    05-22-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    българин
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Discordianism
    Gender
    Posts
    7,658
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,140/84
    Given: 4,223/72

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    Did you go recently? what did you think of Ohrid in general?
    Nope, it was 16 years ago. Liked it very much.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    08-25-2014 @ 11:44 AM
    Location
    Disgusting melting pot Sydney
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic-Thracian/Paeonian
    Ethnicity
    European-Slavic- Macedonian Bulgarian
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    National Socialism 14/88-Pan Slavism
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    55
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/2
    Given: 19/1

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default Sveti Jovan Bigorski

    This is Sveti Jovan Bigorski Monastery. This amazing holy place was built in 1020!, restored in 1743 after the ottomans destroyed it earlier on and expanded from 1812-1825. Located in between Gostivar and Debar in the Mavrovo region. Very remote location, in the mountains on reka radika.

    Ive been to this beautiful monastary a couple of times now. It is simply a marvel and is my favorite monastery in the country. The spiritual and peaceful feeling you get is like no other, you dont want to leave lol, seriously. Planning on hopefully staying the night there this weekend.



















    Last edited by vojvoda; 10-18-2013 at 12:16 AM.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    08-18-2017 @ 05:00 PM
    Location
    Skanderbeg's birthplace --- Dibr
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    (Gheg) Albanian
    Ancestry
    Lur, Dibr
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Highlander
    Politics
    Anti-EU
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Gjergj Arianiti, Gjin Bue Shpata, King Bardhyl, Justinian the Great
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    2,317
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,093/295
    Given: 226/38

    -2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vojvoda View Post
    This is Sveti Jovan Bigorski Monastery. This amazing holy place was built in 1020!, restored in 1743 after the ottomans destroyed it earlier on and expanded from 1812-1825. Located in between Gostivar and Debar in the Mavrovo region. Very remote location, in the mountains on reka radika.

    Ive been to this beautiful monastary a couple of times now. It is simply a marvel and is my favorite monastery in the country. The spiritual and peaceful feeling you get is like no other, you dont want to leave lol, seriously. Planning on hopefully staying the night there this weekend.



    "Shn Mbigurri" church untill 1945 was part of Orthodox Autocephalous Church of Albania and masses were preaching in Albanian... We all know that macedonians burned all documents about this church they were many infos about this ex-Albanian church but they burned it all.

    Here is an icon of Albanian plis taken from the church.



    But if you want it, take it, like i'm gonna cry about this... But it's sad.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member MarkyMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    06-10-2015 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Gender
    Posts
    2,064
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 717/62
    Given: 800/47

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Very nice! I'm a fan of this style of old world architecture.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Vojnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Location
    Asia-Pacific
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Lerinskiot Kraj
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Macedonian Orthodox Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    8,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,285/192
    Given: 3,805/82

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Mask View Post
    "Shn Mbigurri" church untill 1945 was part of Orthodox Autocephalous Church of Albania and masses were preaching in Albanian... We all know that macedonians burned all documents about this church they were many infos about this ex-Albanian church but they burned it all.

    Here is an icon of Albanian plis taken from the church.



    But if you want it, take it, like i'm gonna cry about this... But it's sad.
    Silly to try claim it is an Albanian monastery when it was founded by John of Debar, who was a Bulgarian clergyman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_I_Debranin

    Maybe Albanian Orthodox people went there at one stage in time. Not surprising anyway, considering the region and it's demographics.

    The icons inside the monastery were said to be carved by the Mijaks, the Macedonian Slavic inhabitants of the area.
    Vojnik_scaled

    Paleo-Balkanic,55.2
    Sclavenes,36.2
    Slavic,7.6
    Siberian,1

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    08-25-2014 @ 11:44 AM
    Location
    Disgusting melting pot Sydney
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic-Thracian/Paeonian
    Ethnicity
    European-Slavic- Macedonian Bulgarian
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    National Socialism 14/88-Pan Slavism
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    55
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/2
    Given: 19/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Mask View Post
    "Shn Mbigurri" church untill 1945 was part of Orthodox Autocephalous Church of Albania and masses were preaching in Albanian... We all know that macedonians burned all documents about this church they were many infos about this ex-Albanian church but they burned it all.

    Here is an icon of Albanian plis taken from the church.

    But if you want it, take it, like i'm gonna cry about this... But it's sad.

    Funny its built in typical Bulgarian architecture but nah nah its Albanian. Please friend dont make me laugh, im very tolerant of Albanian claims and views but this was just stupid. Ofcourse any evidence you have has so convieniently been burned Dont be like the people you hate (Serbs) claiming everything as your own.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    08-25-2014 @ 11:44 AM
    Location
    Disgusting melting pot Sydney
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic-Thracian/Paeonian
    Ethnicity
    European-Slavic- Macedonian Bulgarian
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    National Socialism 14/88-Pan Slavism
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    55
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/2
    Given: 19/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    Silly to try claim it is an Albanian monastery when it was founded by John of Debar, who was a Bulgarian clergyman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_I_Debranin

    Maybe Albanian Orthodox people went there at one stage in time. Not surprising anyway, considering the region and it's demographics.

    The icons inside the monastery were said to be carved by the Mijaks, the Macedonian Slavic inhabitants of the area.
    Yeah you are right Mijaks are from the surounding sela especially Lazaropole and Galicnik. These, two places are Macedonian Christian settlements, the rest surrounding them are torbesi/Turkish. I reccomend you visit these areas on your next visit absolutely beautiful areas, if you haven't already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PM Gruevski Dislikes 'Republic of Northern Macedonia'
    By poiuytrewq0987 in forum Ελλάδα
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2018, 11:12 AM
  2. Republic of Turkey or... Republic of Anatolia?
    By poiuytrewq0987 in forum Trkiye
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 03:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •