Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 15

0 Not allowed!

Racial typology is outdated and rejected by modern science.
    And even if we pretend it wasn't,so called "slavic type"(Neo-Danubian) is important element in South Slavs by most anthropologist,Coon being first of them.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,521
    Given: 9,865

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Asgardsrei View Post
    Racial typology is outdated and rejected by modern science.
    I think you made a typo here. Allow me to correct:
    Racial typology is outdated and rejected by Jews.
    ... as a necessity (along with "racism", yet another talmudic concept) to justify "multiculturalism" (guess who concocted that one, too?).

If you are in any doubts: just look at any other animal. Morphological differences are still very much alive in biology as an indicator of speciation. Only in humans and only for non-Jews, it is an illegal concept. When Jews sterilize or deport "their" niggers using racial justifications such as maintaining racial purity and fighting crime (thus openly associating niggers with crime) in the Unholy Land, when Jews demonstrate on streets asking government to SHOOT nigger "intruders", it is NOT RACISM (and racial science and racial superiority, for Israel's case alone, is as valid as it always were).

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

2 Not allowed!

I read this thread since a long time and I find it quite informative and I appreciate the contribution of all the users in here.
    I would give my views regarding the issue of Slavic toponyms in the Balkans, the Romanians been a Latin speakers while the Bulgarians Slavic although genetically we can observe that the Slavic Macedonians and Bulgarians are more closer to Albanians and Greeks than Romanians are!
    I can say that I agree with Scholarios and Aherne on many things but I have some different views as well!
    I think what happened is that the proto-Slavs started moving out of their homeland as early as 4th century and the catalyst for that was of course the Hunnic appearance in Europe.
    Although the Slavs were not recorded before 6th century, their ancestors were very likely part of the large Hunnic confederation and after the collapse of the Hunnic empire, they filled the void which was left in Pannonia and the Carpathian basin.
    It is here, where the proto-South Slavs were formed!
    I am saying proto-South Slavs because here the original proto-Slavs mixed with some indigenous, older population most probably!
    I believe this older population to be of Dacian and extract, whose language was closely related to the modern Albanian language and also to the Romance language!
    I believe this because there is a strong connection when it comes to both grammar and vocabulary between the Albanian and Romanian from one side and the South Slavic languages on the other side, but most importantly the Slavic Macedonian and the Bulgarian!
    For more info see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sprachbund

From genetic point of view, the proto-Slavs would have been primarily belonging to: I-Z17855, I-S17250, R1a-M458 and R1a-Z280, while the native population belonging to various J2b2, R1b and E-V13 as the strongest marker among the native population.
    Why I think that E-V13 would have been the strongest marker in the Northern Balkans is that, if we look in the y-dna of the Balkan Slavs we can see that E-V13 is very strong in them but also, if we look in the distribution of y-dna in Greece by regions, we can see that J2a and R1b are the strongest in the South and in the islands, than comes E-V13, being strong in the South and the islands but also in mainland Greece and finally, we can see high occurrence of R1a and I2 in Northern Greece!

payton girl name meaning

To me this is something similar as the geological evidence, kind of when the geologists look into the deep layers of the ground, that in classical Greece, J2a, E-V13 and R1b were strongest, and than in late antiquity end early Medievals there was influx of migrants who brought additional E-V13, I2 and R1a!

What happened in the Carpathian basin most probably is that after mixing of the populations, there was ratio of 3/1 of Slavic/Native!
    However, the larger Slavic populace assimilated the native one and thus, we have now 100% Slavic speaking population!
    It's important to mentioned that the proto-South Slavs here mixed with some Celtic and Germanic population who were more like ruling elites and less in numbers than the proto-Slavs!
    I suspect this population to have been autosomally similar to modern Croats, Hungarians and Moldavians!

The most important moment for the South Slavs is the coming of the Avars and the Onogur Bulgars!
    This two groups were the responsible for the large scale invasion and destruction of the Balkans and it's subsequent population with Slavs!
    On their way southwards, the Slavs probably mixed with other or assimilated native groups who they captured or settled next to, and thus the ratio of Slavic/Native y-dna lineages increased in favor of the later!
    It is important to mention the division between the South-West Slavic(Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian) which occurred in the Avar Khaganate and the South-East Slavic(Bulgarians, Slavic Macedonians) which occurred in the Bulgarian Khaganate.
    Both Avars and Bulgars were minor ruling elite which didn't have much impact on the South Slavic peoples genetics.

I believe that the Slavs that migrated and settled in Greece were Avaro-Slavs, judging by some joint Avar and Slavic archeological finds in Greece but also from the Slavic toponyms in Greece!
    Toponyms like Koniskos in Trikala municipality or Koncika in Thesprotia, Epirus, Kurenta and Tserkovista in Epirus and others, show similarity with toponyms found in Slovenia, Croatia and not in the Eastern Balkans!
    As I already said, these Avaro-Slavs were already with high native Balkan admixture but 100% linguistically Slavs!
    The Greeks retreated in the coastal towns and the islands, thus living the mainland to these Avaro-Slavs who were free to establishe new settlement and of course, to name them with Slavic names!
    When the Roman army started liberating Greece, they were moving along the coast of Thracia, reaching Salonika and than moving down along the coast, all the way to Peloponnese!
    Most of the Slavs in the Eastern half of Greece were destroyed, captured and moved to other places, Minor Asia!
    Thus that's why we find more Slavic toponyms in the Western half of Greece rather than the East:

The Greeks repopulated the Eastern half and slowly started to Hellenize the remaining Slavs!
    The later migrations of Arvanites and Vlachs diluted the remaining Slavic dna in Epirus and Thessaly, however the toponyms remained as a relic of a past time!

On the Eastern half of the Balkan peninsula however, in the Bulgar Khagante, the modern nations of the Bulgarians and the Romanians were formed from the mix of the proto-South Slavs and additional native population, who will later invade the territory of modern Bulgaria and Macedonia, although at some point of time, there was a clear differentiation of two groups, one Latin and other Slavic speaking!
    Because the Greco-Romans didn't have contact with much of the mainland as late as the 9th century, we don't have a record, when and how the Vlachs appeared in Greece but I believe that many of the early Slavs that settled in Greece could have been mixed Slavo-Vlachs as is the case with the Vlacho-Rynhini as mentioned by Scholarios!
    Another strong argument for this is the name of their leader, Pervundos or Perbundos as recorded in the miracles of St.Demetrius!
    Interestingly enough, Perbundos doesn't mean anything in the Slavic languages but it does have meaning in the Albanian!
    Namely, Perbindesh in Albanian means monster, and we know of an Illyrian deity from Bosnia "Bindus", meaning to believe or a believer!

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

Slavic pride world wide.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,521
    Given: 9,865

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    I read this thread since a long time and I find it quite informative and I appreciate the contribution of all the users in here.
    I would give my views regarding the issue of Slavic toponyms in the Balkans, the Romanians been a Latin speakers while the Bulgarians Slavic although genetically we can observe that the Slavic Macedonians and Bulgarians are more closer to Albanians and Greeks than Romanians are!
    I can say that I agree with Scholarios and Aherne on many things but I have some different views as well!
    I think what happened is that the proto-Slavs started moving out of their homeland as early as 4th century and the catalyst for that was of course the Hunnic appearance in Europe.
    Although the Slavs were not recorded before 6th century, their ancestors were very likely part of the large Hunnic confederation and after the collapse of the Hunnic empire, they filled the void which was left in Pannonia and the Carpathian basin.
    It is here, where the proto-South Slavs were formed!
    I am saying proto-South Slavs because here the original proto-Slavs mixed with some indigenous, older population most probably!
    I believe this older population to be of Dacian and extract, whose language was closely related to the modern Albanian language and also to the Romance language!
    I believe this because there is a strong connection when it comes to both grammar and vocabulary between the Albanian and Romanian from one side and the South Slavic languages on the other side, but most importantly the Slavic Macedonian and the Bulgarian!
    For more info see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sprachbund

From genetic point of view, the proto-Slavs would have been primarily belonging to: I-Z17855, I-S17250, R1a-M458 and R1a-Z280, while the native population belonging to various J2b2, R1b and E-V13 as the strongest marker among the native population.
    Why I think that E-V13 would have been the strongest marker in the Northern Balkans is that, if we look in the y-dna of the Balkan Slavs we can see that E-V13 is very strong in them but also, if we look in the distribution of y-dna in Greece by regions, we can see that J2a and R1b are the strongest in the South and in the islands, than comes E-V13, being strong in the South and the islands but also in mainland Greece and finally, we can see high occurrence of R1a and I2 in Northern Greece!

payton girl name meaning

To me this is something similar as the geological evidence, kind of when the geologists look into the deep layers of the ground, that in classical Greece, J2a, E-V13 and R1b were strongest, and than in late antiquity end early Medievals there was influx of migrants who brought additional E-V13, I2 and R1a!

What happened in the Carpathian basin most probably is that after mixing of the populations, there was ratio of 3/1 of Slavic/Native!
    However, the larger Slavic populace assimilated the native one and thus, we have now 100% Slavic speaking population!
    It's important to mentioned that the proto-South Slavs here mixed with some Celtic and Germanic population who were more like ruling elites and less in numbers than the proto-Slavs!
    I suspect this population to have been autosomally similar to modern Croats, Hungarians and Moldavians!

The most important moment for the South Slavs is the coming of the Avars and the Onogur Bulgars!
    This two groups were the responsible for the large scale invasion and destruction of the Balkans and it's subsequent population with Slavs!
    On their way southwards, the Slavs probably mixed with other or assimilated native groups who they captured or settled next to, and thus the ratio of Slavic/Native y-dna lineages increased in favor of the later!
    It is important to mention the division between the South-West Slavic(Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian) which occurred in the Avar Khaganate and the South-East Slavic(Bulgarians, Slavic Macedonians) which occurred in the Bulgarian Khaganate.
    Both Avars and Bulgars were minor ruling elite which didn't have much impact on the South Slavic peoples genetics.

I believe that the Slavs that migrated and settled in Greece were Avaro-Slavs, judging by some joint Avar and Slavic archeological finds in Greece but also from the Slavic toponyms in Greece!
    Toponyms like Koniskos in Trikala municipality or Koncika in Thesprotia, Epirus, Kurenta and Tserkovista in Epirus and others, show similarity with toponyms found in Slovenia, Croatia and not in the Eastern Balkans!
    As I already said, these Avaro-Slavs were already with high native Balkan admixture but 100% linguistically Slavs!
    The Greeks retreated in the coastal towns and the islands, thus living the mainland to these Avaro-Slavs who were free to establishe new settlement and of course, to name them with Slavic names!
    When the Roman army started liberating Greece, they were moving along the coast of Thracia, reaching Salonika and than moving down along the coast, all the way to Peloponnese!
    Most of the Slavs in the Eastern half of Greece were destroyed, captured and moved to other places, Minor Asia!
    Thus that's why we find more Slavic toponyms in the Western half of Greece rather than the East:

The Greeks repopulated the Eastern half and slowly started to Hellenize the remaining Slavs!
    The later migrations of Arvanites and Vlachs diluted the remaining Slavic dna in Epirus and Thessaly, however the toponyms remained as a relic of a past time!

On the Eastern half of the Balkan peninsula however, in the Bulgar Khagante, the modern nations of the Bulgarians and the Romanians were formed from the mix of the proto-South Slavs and additional native population, who will later invade the territory of modern Bulgaria and Macedonia, although at some point of time, there was a clear differentiation of two groups, one Latin and other Slavic speaking!
    Because the Greco-Romans didn't have contact with much of the mainland as late as the 9th century, we don't have a record, when and how the Vlachs appeared in Greece but I believe that many of the early Slavs that settled in Greece could have been mixed Slavo-Vlachs as is the case with the Vlacho-Rynhini as mentioned by Scholarios!
    Another strong argument for this is the name of their leader, Pervundos or Perbundos as recorded in the miracles of St.Demetrius!
    Interestingly enough, Perbundos doesn't mean anything in the Slavic languages but it does have meaning in the Albanian!
    Namely, Perbindesh in Albanian means monster, and we know of an Illyrian deity from Bosnia "Bindus", meaning to believe or a believer!
    The word bindos is common to many Aryan peoples, including Germanics, so it cannot be determined if it's Illyrian or not: https://www.etymonline.com/word/*bhe...crossreference

Toponymy shows that a people speaking an Albanian-like language lived in FYROM before Slavs came (see etymologies of Skopje/Shtip) and part of them was Romanized. Probably as late as first half of 2nd milennia AD the population there was trilingual (predominantly slavic, with many speakers of Albanian and Romanian). During Ottoman regime, declining Albanian element native to the region (orthodox) got massively replenished by muslim migrants in 16th and 17th centuries (as in Kosovo), which created an Albanian minority in regions where they borrowed placenames from Slavs...

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,072
    Given: 14,269

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    Slavic pride world wide.
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information