Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,946
    Given: 45,034

1 Not allowed!

Default Federal Budget / Spending

2009 United States federal budget

The Defense Budget is $515, and that does not include any war spending. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq's money spent is kept secret. It is likely to dwarf the Defense Budget figures, though.

Stiglitz, former chief economist of the World Bank and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, has stated the total costs of the Iraq War on the US economy will be three trillion dollars in a moderate scenario, and possibly more in the most recent published study, published in March 2008.[11] Stiglitz has stated: "The figure we arrive at is more than $3 trillion. Our calculations are based on conservative assumptions. They are conceptually simple, even if occasionally technically complicated. A $3 trillion figure for the total cost strikes us as judicious, and probably errs on the low side. Needless to say, this number represents the cost only to the United States. It does not reflect the enormous cost to the rest of the world, or to Iraq."
    And that is only Iraq. This is also an interesting bit of info:

A recent study indicated that the long term health care costs for wounded Iraq war veterans could range from $350 billion to $700 billion.
    It is clear that this money could have been much more wisely spent domestically. I find it hypocritical that people would gladly give their tax dollars to fund such expensive war adventures and killing sprees, yet complain very loudly if only a fraction of these costs would be spent in providing healthcare for the poor. Not only hypocritical, but immoral.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

The Democrats under Obama will extricate themselves from this quicksand of a war with the Taliban, that is the only solution.
    This a war Obama inherited, and he has 2 options, pull away from it by discussion and deals , or play the hand he has been dealt with to the end, the latter will destroy him and his goverment.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Last Online
    11-28-2018 @ 02:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Europe
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Blue Collar
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

They are building a big base in Afghanistan, similar to the big base they built in Iraq.
    http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=11203

The military industrial complex was a concern was back in the time of Eisenhower, and it has grown much bigger since then.

The link in my signature has more information on the US debt.
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
    – James Madison
    Money Masters
    European Y DNA Haplogroups
    US Debt
    http://www.zasucks.com/?p=6151
    War Is A Racket

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    This a war Obama inherited, and he has 2 options, pull away from it by discussion and deals , or play the hand he has been dealt with to the end, the latter will destroy him and his goverment.
    So far, he's been escalating it. The Bush/McCain support for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and potentially against Iran and Syria as well were the main reason Obama got elected. If he's still muddling around there a few years from now, combined with the 'Obamacare' mess, he won't be reelected unless maybe if the Republicans put up another terrible candidate and/or massive fraud takes place.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They are building a big base in Afghanistan, similar to the big base they built in Iraq.
    http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=11203

The military industrial complex was a concern was back in the time of Eisenhower, and it has grown much bigger since then.

The link in my signature has more information on the US debt.
    Thanks for this interesting post..
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordoftheVistula View Post
    So far, he's been escalating it. The Bush/McCain support for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and potentially against Iran and Syria as well were the main reason Obama got elected. If he's still muddling around there a few years from now, combined with the 'Obamacare' mess, he won't be reelected unless maybe if the Republicans put up another terrible candidate and/or massive fraud takes place.
    Exactly as i have posted, he has no option really, his military advisors and military heads of staff know that escalation is the answer, he will not survive re- election.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    2009 United States federal budget

The Defense Budget is $515, and that does not include any war spending. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq's money spent is kept secret. It is likely to dwarf the Defense Budget figures, though.
    You forgot the billion. But the global war on terror should be added making it $660 billion.

It is clear that this money could have been much more wisely spent domestically. I find it hypocritical that people would gladly give their tax dollars to fund such expensive war adventures and killing sprees, yet complain very loudly if only a fraction of these costs would be spent in providing healthcare for the poor. Not only hypocritical, but immoral.
    Who is gladly giving their tax dollars to fund this war? Tax evasion is a crime in the US. Besides I think most of it is borrowed money. That was one of the big issues in the last election, the costs of the War on Terror, the war in Iraq & Afghainstan, the deficit. Not that the Democrats have been an improvement, they've added over a trillion in additional deficit spending since January - without yet passing universal healthcare. And you don't pay US taxes. Those of us who do have every right to complain about how we are taxed, how much is borrowed & how it is being spent. Who made you the moral conscious of the American people?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Who is gladly giving their tax dollars to fund this war? Tax evasion is a crime in the US.
    I haven't seen you complaining about giving your tax money to fund senseless wars. And that is surprising given that you are ... well ... let's say "prudent" with your money.

Besides I think most of it is borrowed money.
    Borrowed money has to be paid back at some point. At least in theory, anyway.

That was one of the big issues in the last election, the costs of the War on Terror, the war in Iraq & Afghainstan, the deficit.
    Indeed, and that's one of the reasons why the Republicans lost -- many people had woken up the follies of neoconservatist-fuelled warmongering. Whether the Obama administration will be any better is up to debate. Probably not much.

Those of us who do have every right to complain about how we are taxed, how much is borrowed & how it is being spent. Who made you the moral conscious of the American people?
    Well, I'm someone with a brain who likes to look at world issues and give my verdict. You are not very different in that regard, frequently criticising the ways of other countries, particularly in Europe.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I haven't seen you complaining about giving your tax money to fund senseless wars. And that is surprising given that you are ... well ... let's say "prudent" with your money.
    When I did I support the Bush wars? I've been critical of the US military adventures & have advocated withdrawing from NATO. If you had paid attention you would know I'm not a neocon. But that isn't really the issue, is it?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    When I did I support the Bush wars? I've been critical of the US military adventures & have advocated withdrawing from NATO. If you had paid attention you would know I'm not a neocon. But that isn't really the issue, is it?
    I'm talking specifically about the fiscal implications. A lot more tax dollars go to senseless wars, but you choose to pick on healthcare spending's impact on your wallet. I'm merely pointing out that, if money is to be saved on the budget, it can easily be recouped from other unnecessary expenditures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information