Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: do hispanics feel closer to spaniards then to indigenous americans?

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,203
    Given: 58,974

1 Not allowed!

Default do hispanics feel closer to spaniards then to indigenous americans?

mestizos, or mestizos with a bit of SSA do you feel closer to indigenous american culture or to spanish culture?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Last Online
    10-23-2023 @ 08:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Rusyn
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b 2103 - father line
    mtDNA
    v7a
    Taxonomy
    Pred Westbaltid/Dinarid, Balto-Alpinoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,257
    Given: 2,362

0 Not allowed!

thats quite interesting question

I would like also know the answer from Iberians what do they think
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Naw, just realistic about things. You don't cross an angry woman. Ever. Not even when she's on the cuddly days of her period. She is always right, you're a worthless worm. She is a goddess, you are nothing.

#ZimmermanIsMyNigga Bobby Six Killer's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-30-2018 @ 02:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque-Cantabrian / Spanish-Mexican
    Ethnicity
    Spic
    Ancestry
    From da hood
    Country
    Mexico
    Religion
    Architect of the Universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!

Good thread IM.

I guess people identifies more in a very subconcient manner with the civilization closer to their self-image.

Spiritual Support for Manuel Uribe

SkyBurn

0 Not allowed!

That's an interesting question. I reckon they'd identify with the indigenous element, since that's what makes them unique. But I'd have no clue; perhaps they'd identify with the Spanish element due to cultural similarities.

#ZimmermanIsMyNigga Bobby Six Killer's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-30-2018 @ 02:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque-Cantabrian / Spanish-Mexican
    Ethnicity
    Spic
    Ancestry
    From da hood
    Country
    Mexico
    Religion
    Architect of the Universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBurn View Post
    That's an interesting question. I reckon they'd identify with the indigenous element, since that's what makes them unique. But I'd have no clue; perhaps they'd identify with the Spanish element due to cultural similarities.
    It's an interesting observation.

However this thing is kinda unfair. Lets say an average mestizo individual 50%Euro 50%Native, would be well seen embracing his Native American Heritage, while he would be seen as a "self hater" if he or she embraces ther Euro Side.

I think the problem roots since (At least in Mexico) in the cultural aspect is heavily influenced with Pre Hispanic elements; The country name, the flag etc.

Spiritual Support for Manuel Uribe

SkyBurn

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Juanas Adiccion View Post
    It's an interesting observation.

However this thing is kinda unfair. Lets say an average mestizo individual 50%Euro 50%Native, would be well seen embracing his Native American Heritage, while he would be seen as a "self hater" if he or she embraces ther Euro Side.

I think the problem roots since (At least in Mexico) in the cultural aspect is heavily influenced with Pre Hispanic elements; The country name, the flag etc.
    I think it is natural to identify with what makes you different. Kind of like how 1/4 black people will identify with that.

On the flipside, being proud of the Euro portion can be misconstrued as being ashamed of the native part. Whether or not that's legit is questionable, but that's public perception.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2015 @ 09:06 AM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,015
    Given: 18,435

0 Not allowed!

I feel closer not to Spaniards or Native Americans but to other mixed Latin Americans. If you made me choose between some random Native Tribe and Spanish, I'd choose Spanish though. Not because of how I look like or how I identify, but because Spanish is my first language, I'm culturally closer, and if I were to suddenly wake up as a "Spaniard" the next day, it would represent the less changes in my mindset than if I were to wake up in a nomadic tribe.

I have almost 0 things in common culturally with Native Americans. I don't speak Amerindian languages, I don't believe their religions, I don't live their lifestyles, I don't look like (a real) one, I don't dress like one. This might be seen as "shame" by lots of resentful of insecure people but fuck it. It's reality and if reality has to be shameful then so be it. It doesn't affect me. Take into account that although I have admixture from local nomadic Amerindians, they always represented a very hostile element in the population who constantly raided towns, stole children and women. They also were completely exterminated/finally exterminated by 1890. There are no living Natives in my area. So in this way someone like me who has his roots in colonial era is the closest thing to a "Native" you would find.

I have respect for Native tribes and I know better than to be an usurper of their millenia traditions who I don't belong to nor want to just to appease some internet racists.

Todo aquél que ama es un guerrero. Feral's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-13-2023 @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feral warrior caste.
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamericano Argentino.
    Ancestry
    HAR1F
    Country
    Argentina
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Amerindio + CM?.
    Politics
    Corpus Callosum.
    Religion
    Non-dogmatic virtue ethicist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 2,036

0 Not allowed!

I'll quote myself: I don't go hanging from the tits of the motherland, neither from my indigenous roots, even though I have a great respect for them.
    I've had to add that most mestizos that tend to incline for their amerindian side, they do it because some self-hating reason about their european side. You know, "europeans were and are the evil ones, amerindians are the poor-poor victims". I'd think they end up believing that because of the romanticization of the fall of amerindian cultures on modern days. I'm all about embracing our roots, but that goes both ways, and it can't be achieve with out knowing our history, and learning from it; And something that one end up learning while studying history, it's that nobody is the bad or the good.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2014 @ 09:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Vatican
    Politics
    Counter-Revolution
    Religion
    Counter-Reformation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,411
    Given: 813

0 Not allowed!

I'd say it's not really hard to grasp:
    Those that are mostly Amerindian identify more with the Pre-Hispanic past.

Those that are "balanced" between both components (or 3 when you think of people with black blood) tend to build a syncretic culture that includes everything. This is more or less the predominant mindset, and the origin of "typical Latino" things in the US like their music.

Those that are fully or mostly Spanish/Italian/Portuguese identify more with Southern Europe.

Those that seem the most interesting however, are the Hispanic/Luso Americans with North European/East Asian/Levantine blood though. Their whole identity must be quite different.

Todo aquél que ama es un guerrero. Feral's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-13-2023 @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feral warrior caste.
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamericano Argentino.
    Ancestry
    HAR1F
    Country
    Argentina
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Amerindio + CM?.
    Politics
    Corpus Callosum.
    Religion
    Non-dogmatic virtue ethicist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 2,036

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Baluarte View Post
    I'd say it's not really hard to grasp:
    Those that are mostly Amerindian identify more with the Pre-Hispanic past.

Those that are "balanced" between both components (or 3 when you think of people with black blood) tend to build a syncretic culture that includes everything. This is more or less the predominant mindset, and the origin of "typical Latino" things in the US like their music.

Those that are fully or mostly Spanish/Italian/Portuguese identify more with Southern Europe.

Those that seem the most interesting however, are the Hispanic/Luso Americans with North European/East Asian/Levantine blood though. Their whole identity must be quite different.
    It's hard to be mestizo and at the same time fully european.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information