Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
These were islamized Serbs and in less extent Croats who adopted islam during Ottoman rule.
I disagree. There was a Bosniak identity before the Ottomans were in the Balkans.
I would however agree that they are islamized Slavs, Illyrians etc.
Bosniaks Muslims are choosing their MENA names in last 500 years, to be different than local Christians, not only after last war, in which by the way, Bosnian Muslim side commited crimes against Serbs, too.
Can you give a reference to those crimes? I'm just curious because if Bosniaks have commited crimes it's not okay with me.
I do know about things that happened in a village where my mother is from. Bosniaks brunt down the houses of serbs who had left because of the war.
And naither Serbs want asociate with you.
They want freedom and independence of Republika Srpska.
They don't have to associate with me. I cannot force anyone.
I am not well informed about the situation of Republika Srpska, so I'm going to remain neutral on that issue.

I also want to add this:
from what I've heard, some people in my family have realized that it's not ideal to marry someone else just because they are muslims. There have been people who married pakistanis etc. just because of religion but my relatives have realized that it's not enough to be muslim, therefore it's preferred that the partner is also Bosniak. They just don't like MENA culture when they come in contact with it themselves.
Also, they want a state that is separate from religion, whilst many new muslim immigrants in Sweden, who come from MENA, want some kind of Islamic state AFAIK.