Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Riga stag parties are not an entirely British affair

The historic heart of Riga on a Saturday night, and the stag parties are out in force. Here in the city where the Mayor has declared war on drunken British louts, the streets are teeming with lads out to give the groom a good send-off.

There’s one lot in red T-shirts, swigging vodka in public — an arrestable offence in Latvia — another group togged out in togas, and a third, rather smarter set dressed in black jackets.
    The hen parties are out in even bigger numbers. There are girls in nurses’ uniforms, girls in miniskirts, girls in devil costumes, even girls in Marie Antoinette wigs and polka-dot ballgowns. In the space of one evening, The Times counted no fewer than ten hen parties. So the great British stag invasion continues apace — despite Mayor Nils Usakovs’s announcement that he plans to unleash a special tourist police force on the most unruly offenders?
    Up to a point, Mr Mayor, because every one of the groups encountered in the first half of the evening was Latvian. The tradition of getting raucously drunk in ridiculous outfits as a prelude to holy matrimony is not, it seems, confined to the British.

However, if anyone was worried that our national reputation for enthusiastic alcohol consumption in foreign parts was at risk, they need not have been concerned. The Brits were there all right, and they were drinking with the sort of dedication that comes of beer priced at Ł1.50 a pint.
    They were not too hard to identify, either, at least not the group from Hampshire, which must have been the first stag party ever to hit Riga dressed entirely in tweed: jackets, caps, plus-fours, the lot. A gang from Manchester had opted out of fancy dress, but had otherwise gone for the full stag experience. They were buying pre-lunchtime drinks at a bar, while casting an appreciative eye at the barmaid.

The Times
    asked one of them what entertainment they had in mind. “Just the usual,” one said. “Cheap alcohol, cheap cigarettes, sexy ladies. Hence the barmaid. Excellent!” Another one had been sampling the delights of Latvian womanhood. The lap-dance club he went to the night before met with his approval, but the massage parlour did not. “It was rubbish,” he said. “Fifty Lats (Ł75) and I fell asleep halfway through. That’s how good it was.”
    For spectacular public inebriation, however, it was hard to beat Sergei’s stag party. It was 6pm, and by the way Sergei — who was dressed in a Soviet police uniform — waved his vodka bottle, it was a fair bet that it was not the first one they had got through that day. “Let’s go drink!” he shouted, as they left in search of more frolics.

One of the traditions of Latvian stag and hen parties is to raise money by selling little treats. Over the evening, in an attempt to foster friendly bilateral relations, The Times purchased a lollipop, a muffin and what the girl in the devil costume called “a balloon for happiness” — in fact, it was a condom.
    By the end of the night the British were catching up with Sergei and his friends. As early as midnight — well, it had been a long day — the Hampshire groom was slumped on a go-go bar table. A couple of young Latvian women on a girls’ night out tousled his hair in an affectionate manner. They didn’t seem to mind a spot of Saturday-night drunkenness.
    What the local residents do object to, however, is anyone urinating on their Freedom Monument, the memorial erected in honour of Latvian soldiers who died fighting for independence. British visitors have, regrettably, not been guiltless in this regard. “It is one of the symbols we really respect,” said Richie, a local student. “To p*** on the monument is to p*** on us.”

This time the monument escaped unscathed, which may be partly because of the police guard and partly because there are not as many British stag parties as there were a couple of years ago. The beer may be cheap, but it is nowhere as cheap as it was before the Latvian economy collapsed and inflation took hold. If Mr Usakovs is really worried about British stags and hens, all he needs is for prices to keep rising and they will stay away altogether.
    That will not eradicate public drunkenness entirely, however. By 4am The Times had seen only one reveller being sick in the gutter, and he was Latvian.
    Source

Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 10:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Estonian
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

It was 6pm, and by the way Sergei — who was dressed in a Soviet police uniform — waved his vodka bottle,
    Was he also yelling "Rossija, Rossija!!" while at it?

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

0 Not allowed!

Very bad article The writer of the article is total un-able to make a difference between Russians in Latvia and real Latvians!! Majoritiy of population in Riga is Russian now and most of the tourist pubs clubs and bars are in Russian hands. No word about it in the article!! For the author all people in Latvia are Latvians ---- that is very wrong it is the same like saying all people in England are English but in reality some are Irish, Pakistan or French.

hm stag parties are a product of British groups travelling to Riga for drinking and visiting seedy pubs!! Many of them dont bring much money to my country and make it uncomfortable for real tourists who want to explore the city ,the people and other sights in the country. Stag party people fly to Riga and only shutle between the airport, the hotel , the pubs , brothels and back. customers like that are not good and make the image of British people broken. Many Latvian hate it that party people treat the country as Thailand replacement. I hope they increase the beer prices and the spook has a end!!

Hm and i can only warn British people who want to travel to Riga for cheap sex , most of the prostitutes have illnesses and not less have HIV!! Often they are imported from Russia and when they dont take them there any more they are sent to our Baltic countrys as left-overs. Real and proud ethnic Latvian girls dont go to bed with foreigners for 20 Lats but some work there now because the economical crisis hit Latvia hard. It is sad and a shame!!

You pay a high price for your cheap 30 minutes later in your life that can i tell you!! And almost all pimps in Latvia are Russians in the underground , you support them with your dirty money and make them stronger. I apeal to conscience of the people!!
    Last edited by Inese; 08-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Latvian-German Friendship

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Inese View Post
    You pay a high price for your cheap 30 minutes later in your life that can i tell you!! And almost all pimps in Latvia are Russians in the underground , you support them with your dirty money and make them stronger. I apeal to conscience of the people!!
    Thanks Inese.

I'll bear that in mind before I begin my world-wide fuck-a-rama in aid of world peace and stopping global warming. up

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,946
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

You pay a high price for your cheap 30 minutes ...
    I agree. I personally think one can get better value for money in London.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

The writer of the article is total un-able to make a difference between Russians in Latvia and real Latvians!!
    How do you know? The author said he met Latvians, and Latvians he met.

It's about time you got over your inferiority complexes and started to accept the shitty spoon.

Last Online
    08-06-2011 @ 05:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian-German
    Ancestry
    75% Latvian 25% German
    Country
    Latvia
    Taxonomy
    Baltid-Nordic
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    fatalism is realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    How do you know? The author said he met Latvians, and Latvians he met.
    The author is a ignorant and he knows nothing about the dramatic demographic situation in Latvia!! He is a party reporter with not much background information of my country. He speak of " Latvian " and comes with a man with the name Sergei ---- lol it is idiotic! Next time he writes of a Brit with the name " Abdullah Mouhammad".....

It is so arrogant "He met Latvians and Latvians he met"!! When i visit England and see hundreds of people from Pakistan or India i say "I met British and British i met" too or what??... I dont think real British people like it to hear that.

Hm you want that other people diferentiate between real English people and immigrants with British passport then show the same minimum of tribute to other peoples will you?!! How often must i repeat it??
    It's about time you got over your inferiority complexes and started to accept the shitty spoon.
    blah blah , i tell you it is no inferiority complex when you want that your own country stays the country for your people ( Latvia for ethnic Latvians , England for ethnic Englanders , Italy for ethnic Italians and many more) and does not become a outpost of a foreign nation who wants to swalow you like Russia!!

And we dont accept the shitty spown it is the same as giving up!! Latvians have a long history of not giving up you know?? Yes you know.
    Last edited by Inese; 08-10-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Latvian-German Friendship

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,946
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

I can see this thread isn't leading to anything good. Closed.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Thread Information