"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

I'm glad this thread was made. One of my ancestors was a 32nd degree Freemason. I have been sitting on the fence about whether to become a Freemason or not. They draw upon Ancient Egyptian and Jewish allegories namely, the pyramids and the Temple of Solomon. Not surprising considering the Jews probably learned techniques while in slavery in Egypt. Freemasonry is based on symbols. The meaning of the symbols are given to the initiate from many different cultural interpretations. For example, what the symbol meant to the Jews, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, Christians etc. is imparted to the initiate, but ultimately it is up to him to come to his own conclusion. The symbols are used for contemplation and to provide a compass for how one may become refined, i.e. from rough to cultured, well-bred, courteous etc. A belief in a Supreme Being or perhaps Being(s) is required regardless of one's sect in all lodges except for the French lodges (who historically have also allowed women.)

The source of my hesitation to join is this. Many of the Founding Fathers and other cultured men were Masons, and Freemasonry was later revamped by a brilliant man named Albert Pike, who was a confederate general (born in Boston) who knew 16 languages and was extremely knowledgable in ancient "pagan" religion(s) and cults. His writing Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry(see info at the bottom of the post) is a 1,000 page tome of information about ancient cults and mystery religions.

Despite the fact that Freemasonry has had many brilliant, cultured, refined men of distinction in its ranks, it also has had common men who were not so refined (John Wayne, Louis Armstrong) and I highly doubt the latter had any knowledge of ancient religion and esotericism. Many Scottish Rite lodges have even ceased giving high-ranking members (as was customary in the past) copies of Albert Pike's brilliant work Morals and Dogma on the grounds that it is "too advanced for the common reader" !!!

Freemasonic numbers have been dwindling as of late. Lodges are now so desperate for membership that they have lowered the admission age to 18 and some even perform the rituals of the degrees in a cheap, accelerated manner wherein members are initiated en masse by merely being observers of the ritual as opposed to true participants.

There is the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts near me, but alas, I hesitate to knock. Let me explain further. I have an acquaintance who is a Freemason, and I told him my interest and some of my concerns and his spiel runs like, "We're not a religion, we aren't a cult, we are just a group of good people who do charity for our community."

To this I say, "What is my motivation to join a group of common men doing charity work, if I can up and go volunteer for the American Cancer Society?" and further, "I would rather that they were a cult based on the ancient mysteries, because then I would have a reason to join. Another thing is, I don't want to wait 1 year as a novice, being a busboy and doing bitchwork at a lodge, only to receive the rank of Entered Apprentice.

I could go on but I desist for now.

PS I would've attached Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma as PDF, but alas, it exceeds the limit allowed on the forum. One can download a text document of it online by searching Project Gutenberg.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    I have an acquaintance who is a Freemason, and I told him my interest and some of my concerns and his spiel runs like, "We're not a religion, we aren't a cult, we are just a group of good people who do charity for our community."
    This is their standard reply towards non-Masons, unless you join you will not get any other information than that description. That alone would make it seem that they are not just a charity.

Last Online
    08-23-2011 @ 07:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Volksdeutsche
    Ancestry
    Germany and Denmark,
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    New positionist
    Religion
    Tobacco Pipe Smoker
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

I was always asking myself is Demiurge actually Baphomet ?
    Das soll der Treue Insel sein,
    Dort gilt noch Eid und Ehre,
    Dort senken wir den König ein,
    Im Sarg der Eschenspeere.

Felix Dahn - Die letzten Goten

Last Online
    08-23-2011 @ 07:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Volksdeutsche
    Ancestry
    Germany and Denmark,
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    New positionist
    Religion
    Tobacco Pipe Smoker
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heimmacht View Post

Regarding Freemasons. I wouldn't join them even if they will be the last remaining group in the world.

EDIT: I am really interested in Thule Seminar and I do find books by Dr. Pierre Krebs thought provoking and very Indo European.
    Last edited by Aemma; 09-23-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: edits completed at member's request
    Das soll der Treue Insel sein,
    Dort gilt noch Eid und Ehre,
    Dort senken wir den König ein,
    Im Sarg der Eschenspeere.

Felix Dahn - Die letzten Goten

Veteran Member Lulletje Rozewater's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-24-2011 @ 10:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Holland/France/Germany
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    to preserve whiteness
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellasson View Post
    I'm interested in becoming a Mason, and I was wondering if any of you fine souls are currently Masons?
    Before you can join, you have to be sponsored by someone who is already a mason. They cannot recruit you, but they can answer any questions about masonry except certain secrets, mostly about the content of the initiations. If you tell a mason you want to join the lodge, a committee will be appointed to investigate you and make sure that you are of good character. They will talk to you and speak to character references about you. The masons frown on overindulgence in drink, a criminal record, or any immoral acts. When your application to join is complete, the members of the lodge vote whether or not to accept you and if anyone there knows of a reason you should not be accepted they won't let you in. Mostly everyone is accepted at this point, but again, it's about making sure everybody who joins is an honest and decent person. You do have to profess a belief in God, but you can be of any religion and do not have to go to church.

If your petition to join is accepted, you will have to pass three different initiations, called degrees. You will be coached beforehand by your sponsor or sponsors, who will teach you about masonry, and there are long passages you have to memorize and say during the later degrees. The third initiation has a lot of questions, hence the origin of the term, the third degree.

The masons do really good work in the community and support each other. It's a social group but it's also about learning to be a good man and a responsible citizen. The things you learn are (I'm sure) very interesting and in my opinion, everyone with a passing interest should talk to some masons. Ask them what masonry means to them and that will help you decide whether to join or not.

Do not ask me if I am one.

Last Online
    06-27-2012 @ 09:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earth female
    Ethnicity
    Europe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

I'm also quite interested in masonery, mostly becouse of conspiracy theories, and very strong political influence in the last 100 years (may be even more). And I didn't know that you have to be theist, I alwaysed thought you should be atheist ?!

It is more male secret sociaty...no females there

Another thing is, well some masons in this area of Europe people equalized with Jews, some with Communists, and the recent information (yesterday, what a coincidency) someone told me about Cionists (I'm don't know what is that and how to write in English, even I heard for that term still don't know the real meaning).

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,037

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
    It is more male secret sociaty...no females there
    That is part of the appeal
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

`│´ 1312019132512912292038191221 Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Germanic
    Ethnicity
    northern barbarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    frosty & bloodthirsty
    Politics
    savaging and pillaging
    Religion
    catheist & evil cat propagandist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That is part of the appeal
    For gays maybe ...

Last Online
    06-27-2012 @ 09:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earth female
    Ethnicity
    Europe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

You mean precondition of all males interested in masonery-no females please

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,037

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fjällräv View Post
    For gays maybe ...
    Most men only have sex on the brain when there are women around. When they are absent, we can actually concentrate on matters that are important.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information