Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations: Do You Support Their Being Mandatory?

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Question Vaccinations: Do You Support Their Being Mandatory?

I was wondering how everyone thought about mandatory vaccinations. I think that vaccinations are an over hyped product of the pharmaceutical companies who shell out many millions of dollars to have the government mandate their usage. Children nowadays are being vaccinated for every childhood disease, even if it is not life threatening: Chicken pox, mumps, measles, influenza, etc. Children not being exposed to the true disease do not develop the antibodies to protect their bodies against future exposure. It is true that once you get chicken pox, especially a bad case, you'll never get it again. And it's also true that chicken pox is potentially dangerous to contract when you are an adult. But, the chicken pox vaccinations wear off after about ten years. Where are you then? You need another chicken pox booster, that's where you're at. More money for the pharmaceutical companies.

What about the exploding world population that is in the news? Why do we have so many people on this earth now? There are a lot of reasons, but I think that a major contributing factor is vaccinations. Instead of allowing disease to enact natural selection in weeding out the more susceptible and more weaker individuals before they have a chance to procreate, man kind has stepped in and said that all life must be saved, and vaccinates a whole generation. Yes, individual life is precious, but what is more precious? One individual, or the whole human race?

I do not think that vaccinations should be mandatory, and that those who wish to vaccinate my children against my will can go take a long walk off a short pier. I believe in freedom of choice, as humans as a whole are able to make decisions that are good for them. We're not as stupid as the ones in charge would like us to think we are.

Thoughts?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Maybe they should be mandatory for aliens entering the country & those US citizens who are taking a trip abroad (if they want back in). Otherwise it shouldn't be mandatory. Anyway I've had chicken pox, measles, rubella & the mumps as a child. The problem with mumps is it can cause sterility if contracted after puberty. I had it at age 5 & I remember a friend of my mother's bringing her sons to visit so they could catch it... mothers use to do that. It was important for boys to get the mumps before puberty. And for girls to get rubella. Rubella can cause birth defects when pregnant woman contract it so it was best to catch it & get it out of the way. Most childhood disease are not fatal & have no long term consequences.

The Dog Days Are Over Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/English/American
    Ethnicity
    Pretty
    Ancestry
    Scotland/England/America
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Politics
    Rather Not
    Religion
    half Atheist/half Spiritul/Nature
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

0 Not allowed!

I have had my children vaccinated as they are suppose to, but any parent wishing not to is fine by me. I don't think they should just assume they are against it without properly studying the facts of both vaccinating or not vaccinating. Then they can come to their own comfortable decision.

For my kids to attend public school they have to be vaccinated.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

I think it is a great idea. I make sure to never have my kids miss an appointment. Vaccinations are an exposure to the real virus or bacterium. I don't want them sick. And I don't pray to godz to keep them healthy...I prefer science. Yes, go ahead, refuse and thanks for putting my child at risk...

Polio...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How common is polio in the US anymore? I think border control is a lot more effective. Tuberculosis was nearly wiped out in the US & is now making a comeback because of immigration from poor countries. Malaria is another disease that use to be a problem in parts of the US but has been irradicated through spraying & drainage of stagnant waters.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    How common is polio in the US anymore?
    Almost unknown, and why is that?
    Last edited by Thorum; 08-13-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because of the innoculation program that started in the 50s. But why keep inoculating children against a disease that has been irradicated. We no longer routinely give smallpox inoculations.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

I think that vaccination should be within reason. Whooping cough is potentially fatal, or handicapping, as is polio. My great uncle died from whooping cough at the age of 1, and his next older sister was brain damaged for life because of whooping cough as well. It's the flu shots and chicken pox, and mumps and rubella shots that I am not supportive of. Overexposure to such things as vaccinations and antibotics can cause mutations in viruses and other diseases, and cause superbugs.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

With mumps & rubella it the age that matters. I'm not aware of mumps or rubella being fatal it the consequences for adults. But adults & older children are probably less likely to have adverse effects from vacinations.

The problem with vacinations is the number children receive anymore. It does seem like a scam for the pharmaceuticals.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    With mumps & rubella it the age that matters. I'm not aware of mumps or rubella being fatal it the consequences for adults. But adults & older children are probably less likely to have adverse effects from vacinations.

The problem with vacinations is the number children receive anymore. It does seem like a scam for the pharmaceuticals.
    Poor. Very poor VA. I don't take chances with my kids. Simple. Vaccinations. Why the fuck put them at risk for ridiculous principles?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information