Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations: Do You Support Their Being Mandatory?

i'ma educated foo w/money on my mind Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

^Most states require children to be vaccinated to enter the school system

I was even required to have proof of the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination to enter a university

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

But, the MMR vaccination when you're little is still unneccessary, as when when mumps, measles and rubella are caught when you are young, they are not life threatening, and you have the immunity for life, with no need for a booster. I don't know, I just don't understand the medical industry's need to pump us full of so many substances. I mean, most of my mother's generation caught these childhood diseases, and turned out just fine.

Everything is Beautiful WinterMoon's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-19-2010 @ 03:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

As someone mentioned earlier, some vaccines are live virus vaccines. It's like catching the virus, allowing your body to build immunities, but in a safe form to where you don't get sick or have ill effects.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To augment my stance, vaccines are preserved with mecury for the most part. Everyone knows that mecury is toxic, so why do we have to inject our children with mecury to protect them?

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

There's no Law that requires people to take these shots and I'm quite horrified people are so accepting of this. Your children's health and future is more important than what the State and pharmaceutical industry's opinion on what you must do for them. If someone told me, knowing the information I know about the live virus vaccine, that If I or my future children wouldn't take it, I would pull them out of the evil school system they have going on there and I would be homeschooling, or I would relocate to a country that doesn't require them to have it. I can't believe people are so laxy daisy and so accepting like cows in a slaughter house, lining their children up in schools to take this shot of which no long term scientific research has been done on it, lining grown up adults who's fear of the boogieman has taken hold of them to go out and get them. Stay away from people who are coughing like everyother person would, wash your hands with soap and take regular showers. Carry a bottle of alchohic ant-septic cream on you in your pocket, and you don't mind looking like a freak on the bus, wear a mask. Be creative, but don't take this shot, because you're just adding more genetic material to the virus to feed off of which will ensure the continuous mutation of the virus which was most like spawned out of some stolen vials taken out of some government laboratory used on us to gauge the sort of response from the public about the flu. Just like people are becoming accustomed to being lined up like sheep like this we are seeing, just wait until you see what's coming next.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 08-13-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga's Spindle
    To augment my stance, vaccines are preserved with mecury for the most part. Everyone knows that mecury is toxic, so why do we have to inject our children with mecury to protect them?
    Mercury is also found in dental fillings and fish. Let's forgo cavity fillings and seafood as well.

With all the poisons out there, we need to just stop eating and breathing alltogether. Let's all live off of sun gazing. Oh wait, the sun is bad for you too.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/n...ves-blood-fast

Last Online
    04-11-2010 @ 09:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Pennsylvania German/Scottish
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Social Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

The public school system in my county is really hyper sensitive about vaccinations. Not only do kids need the basic tetanus, MMR, polio, hepatitis, etc. vaccinations, but also meningococcal/meningitis and they were even considering making Gardasil a requirement for girls. The sheer number of the required vaccinations makes me uneasy and I would fully understand if a parent did not want his or her child to receive them. I think flu shots are generally unnecessary as well -- I never got them, had the flu, and turned out fine.

Many parents are convinced that vaccines can cause autism, though findings say otherwise:

Any rite of passage that involves jabbing needles into small children is bound to worry more than a few parents. But that doesn't begin to explain why so many moms and dads are convinced--despite mounting scientific evidence to the contrary--that the triple vaccine against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) causes autism in some youngsters. The latest study exonerating the MMR vaccine comes from Denmark, where investigators looked at the health records of every child born from 1991 through '98, more than 537,000 children. No matter how researchers analyzed the data, there was no difference in the autism rates of children who received the MMR vaccine and those who did not.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...003673,00.html

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
    Mercury is also found in dental fillings and fish. Let's forgo cavity fillings and seafood as well.

With all the poisons out there, we need to just stop eating and breathing alltogether. Let's all live off of sun gazing. Oh wait, the sun is bad for you too.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/n...ves-blood-fast
    There are other options for cavity fillings than amalgams, thankfully! There are resin, porcelain, and silver among others. It's just that they cost about five times as much, which doesn't make it fair to people who want to protect their children but can't afford to.

There are also natural compounds in fish that help prevent us from absorbing too much. The essential nutrients in fish are too important for our bodies to shun them.

Sunlight is incredibly important as well. Vitamin D is only created in the presence of sunlight. Artifical forms of Vitamin D are actually toxic. Now, we don't have to be in the sunlight like sun worshippers to get our Vitamin D, we can eat the foods from animal products that have been exposed to the sun which have Vitamin D stored in their fat reserves! Fermented cod liver oil is a great source for this.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga's Spindle

There are also natural compounds in fish that help prevent us from absorbing too much. The essential nutrients in fish are too important for our bodies to shun them.
    Source? I have never seen anything say that there are compounds in fish whichprevent us from absorbing too much. Pregnant women, nusing mothers, and young children are discouraged from eating certain seafoods which are higher in mercury. Fish contain methylmercury which is more toxic because of how it accumulates in the body. Most fish only have trace amounts of it. Vaccinations contain trace amounts of ethylmercury, which doesn't accumulate the way that methylmercury does and leaves the blood faster. A lot of pediatric vaccines these days either don't have it, or have very small trace amounts. Most of the vaccines that contain it are those given to adolescents and adults. You can find a list of the vaccines that contain it in this chart.

The point of my previous post is that toxins exist everywhere. From mercury in fish, to pesticides in vegetables, to arsenic in water supplies. A lot is unavoidable. Yes, the sun has benefits, but in excess it can cause serious problems. The same can be true of many things. Completely purifying ones life is virtually impossible in this day and age, and I say that as someone who makes an effort to keep the diet and lifestyle of my family clean. I think that blaming mercury as an excuse for not vaccinating is a poor excuse, especially when most pediatric drugs do not even contain it anymore, and those that do contain it in a form less toxic than you would get from eating fish.

I don't believe that immunizing children should be mandatory, and I know people personally who choose not to immunize. My children play with theirs and I feel no threat from them. I immunize my children, but I also exersize my right to refuse certain vaccinations that I feel strongly against. I took my children to be vaccinated the other day and I signed over my Jane Doe in refusal of a needless vaccine. I also recieved a stern lecture from the nurse for it, to which I countered her with the research on said vaccine.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
    Source?
    Certainly!

This is quoted from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, second edition, page 258-259:

In recent years, many people have been persuaded to give up fish due to reports of mercury contamination. Mercury contamination is a danger when one eats fish from shoreline waters near industrial areas or from contaminated freshwaters. For this reason, we advise you to avoid freshwater fish unless you are sure of their origin, especially cat fish, carp and other scavengers, and to avoid overcomsumption of shell fish. Shoreline feeders such as sole or flounder, may be contaminated with PCB's. You needn't be concerned about mercury levels in deep-sea fish, such as salmon, tuna and swordfish, or from sole or flounder that come from relatively clean waters, such as those of the North Atlantic. Small amounts of mercury occur naturally in these fish, and they contain substances that bind with mercury to take it out of the body*

*Bold type added by me.

I probably should have worded my phrase better, instead of including all fish. Silly me. Now I'm not saying that we need to eat three cans of tuna daily while pregnant, or to feed your children that much. I'm just saying that you shouldn't avoid it completely is all. About 1-2 servings a week or so should be a good amount to aim for if you so desire. Moderation in everything is the key.

Here is a website that you might find interesting:

http://westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

I don't believe that immunizing children should be mandatory, and I know people personally who choose not to immunize. My children play with theirs and I feel no threat from them. I immunize my children, but I also exersize my right to refuse certain vaccinations that I feel strongly against. I took my children to be vaccinated the other day and I signed over my Jane Doe in refusal of a needless vaccine. I also recieved a stern lecture from the nurse for it, to which I countered her with the research on said vaccine.
    That wasn't right of the nurse to lecture you like that. They are there to provide a service, not to patronize you on the "wrongness" of your decisions to raise your family the best way you know how. Good for you for being imformed and for sticking to your guns!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information