Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe mixed-race people are superior?

Durka durka, Mohammad Jihad Philo's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2021 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Judean
    Ancestry
    J2a-M92
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J2a-M92
    mtDNA
    J2a-M92
    Taxonomy
    J2a-M92
    Politics
    King Bibi
    Religion
    J2a-M92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 337

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    Your signature is fucking annoying.
    The rule does not apply to Spaniards, still.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnZn View Post
    On the left, the Middle-East 4000 years ago; On the right, Spain 3000 years ago:
    Arab peace-loving:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    *sigh* The biggest mistake/tragedy that the Spaniards and the Portuguese have ever done was propagating with native Indian and Black women creating useless biracial and triracials in the Americas.

Ask Philo anything you'd like barring obvious troll questions

Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European, Levantine (Syrian)
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Religion
    Ezekiel 35
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,738
    Given: 11,515

0 Not allowed!

Nor superior, nor inferior. Just the same.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-05-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    yes
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,171
    Given: 7,123

0 Not allowed!

If you think you are superior to anyone else based on your ancestry or what you are, you are delusional and should book a shrink
    All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2022 @ 12:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Westlauwer Fries (West Frisian)
    Ancestry
    North-Sea Germanic; New Frisian (Angles/Saxons), Old Frisian (Frisii). North Germanic; Norse/Danish
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Friesland
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    U5b
    Taxonomy
    Faelid/Borreby CM = Übermensch
    Politics
    Jastorf chauvinism
    Hero
    Magnus Forteman, Pier Gerlofs Donia, Wijerd Jelckama, Redbad, Jancko Douwama, Finn Focwalding
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 752

0 Not allowed!

Not many people mog Jeremy Meeks but Oliver Kahn does, so there must be some continuum

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 07:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 995

0 Not allowed!

Talking about sports, I kinda think they are with we consider mixed-race those who have at least one grandparent of other race.

Afaik they are like 1-2% of the planet population and they seem to be overepresented in sports. Stephen Curry, Tiger Woods, Lewis Hamilton, Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, etc

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

0 Not allowed!

Psychology is not a hard science - assuming it can be considered a science at all by epistemological standards. Moreover one or two new studies generally don't tell much. Even in biomedical sciences, which are scientifically "harder", often for every new study after a while you find one that contradicts it. Meta-studies generally are more useful, but even they sometimes cannot completely dispel the haze. I'm still trying to figure out on Pubmed if milk consumption can increase cancer risk or not.

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

1 Not allowed!

I would like to add a couple things. Isn't it interesting how the media report science and "scientific truths"? For instance, many of you probably have heard that "you may be genetically closer to a person from another race or distant population than one from your own group". This theory originated from Lewontin (who at one time was a declared Marxist - I wonder if it had anything to do with the price of beer...) in the 70s. It has been criticized by Edwards (Lewontin's Fallacy) and it's still debated, the likely conclusion being that it depends on how many polymorphisms you consider. For a few loci it may be true, but if you consider many thousands loci then two individuals from the same major group (like Europeans, Asians and Africans) are always more similar then two individuals from two different groups (according to Witherspoon).
    But now the study from the OP tells us that mixed people have advantages because they are more "genetically dissimilar", which apparently contradicts Lewontin's conclusion, also often reported by the media as a scientific truth.
    The reality is that science cannot say that mixed-people are superior, any more than a pure race is superior to another. "Superiority" or "inferiority" aren't scientific concepts. It's obvious that a certain race or population may have some specific advantage or disadvantages. I would find it strange, say, if on average tall Nubians didn't make better basketball players than S.E. Asians. I think it's possible that a mixed race person could have some advantage, if for instance he gets the right gene combination from the parents. But often mixed people get intermediate traits, for instance with pigmentation. Generally speaking a mulatto at Northern latitudes would be at a disadvantage respect to his/her white parent, because light skin is advantageous in that environment. Likewise if he lived close to the Equator he would be at a disadvantage compared to the SSA parent.
    The issue here is how the media (ie generally the liberal/leftist media) often try to use science to forward their social/political agendas. It seems to me that they try to use science in the same way as some religious ppl use sacred texts, and like them they often cherry-pick a "quote" (for instance an article) to "prove" their point. There is nothing farthest from science than this attitude. It doesn't matter if you are left or right, pro-race mixing or against, one should always try to use proper knowledge and critical thinking. Which is not easy, I'm the first one to admit it. And in certain cases the more sensible attitude may be a suspension of judgement until new evidence is available.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptc06 View Post
    If you think you are superior to anyone else based on your ancestry or what you are, you are delusional and should book a shrink
    99% of the apricitians?

Last Online
    03-12-2024 @ 01:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Taxonomy
    Nordid + D/CM infl.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

0 Not allowed!

Not really. They'll approximate the less 'prestigious' race in terms of de facto behaviour, and they'll probably be some intermediate variant in terms of genetically determined qualities.

Education achievement in Brazil by race (relative to whites)

Genetic admixture in Brazil by self-identified race
    They will also tend to have obnoxious politics to the effect that either race doesn't matter, or it is determined by your views, so many of them will be some kind of statist, classist, or pushing for some other kind of uniformity like religion.

Countries with a stable mixed-race majority like Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, and so on do not perform in some spectacular fashion. Rather, the "purer" countries like Japan, Korea (including even North Korea), China, Northwestern Europe are the top performers - or countries with a strict purity code for whites like the US, Australia, Canada. The idea is perhaps to be integrated with the global economy and exchange of ideas (i.e., not be isolated like the khoisans), but to maintain racial boundaries so as to act as an unchanging group. Race has been a great positive force for groups like the US whites and Afrikaners, helping them mitigate class resentment and ensuring their well-being, in contrast to the less dominant and more mixed white Brazilians who were sometimes snubbed in favour of black clients of powerful aristocrats.

Besides, mixed-race people are an idee fixe for the neoliberal internationalists who want to erase identity and dominate over a shapeless mass of humanity. It is easy to push around people with no fixed, quasibiological identity driven primarily by greed/class.

Ashkenazi Jews are not a good measure since (1) they are either borderline European like the Sicilians if they are very pure, or in practice pretty close to the European core because they are mixed with other ethnicities - i.e., they're just white; (2) they have a very specific and unusual history as a niche middle man minority which changed the evolutionary pressure; (3) the lower tail of less intelligent Jews was probably cut off during the Holocaust.
    Last edited by Humanophage; 05-10-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Single Population Sharing (Eurogenes)
    1 Estonian_Polish 4.36
    2 Russian_Smolensk 4.88
    3 Southwest_Russian 5.32
    4 Belorussian 5.78
    5 Lithuanian 5.92

Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European, Levantine (Syrian)
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Religion
    Ezekiel 35
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,738
    Given: 11,515

0 Not allowed!

They may be superior in specific ways if we are talking about use genetic engineering to create modified humans. Also, mixed people have more genetic variation, so, they can survive to a more types enviromental stresses. But I also think that it depends to the type of stress. A glaciacion era maybe select nordic genes, I don't know. The morphology of our noses are designed to diferent types of enviroments. Stretched closed noses are made to cold climates. Exterminating all basic types that took longer thousand of years to develop is harmful in my opinion. We can't agroup these genes all together anymore without genetic enginering.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-essays-reveal
    Last edited by Rafael Passoni; 05-11-2021 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler!

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread Information