Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What comes to mind when you think of these English counties?

Last Online
    06-23-2010 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ingaevonic
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

First thing that comes up with me:

Northumberland: Northumbria
    Cumberland: Northumbria
    Westmorland: Northumbria
    County Durham: cigarettes
    Lancashire: War of the Roses
    Yorkshire: Nexto War of the Roses also Jorvik and a pigbreed
    Cheshire: the Earl of Chester?
    Derbyshire: The knight of Derby
    Nottinghamshire: The Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood)
    Lincolnshire: Ford Lincoln Limousine
    Shropshire: Shrop shrop sound
    Staffordshire: Fighting dog
    Warwickshire: The Earl of Warwick
    Leicestershire: The tournament of Ashby (Ivanhoe)
    Northamptonshire: hmm
    Huntingdonshire: Earl of Huntingdon (Robin Hood)
    Cambridgeshire: Cambridge University
    Rutland: tiny
    Norfolk: Norfolk horn rams
    Suffolk: Suffolk sheep
    Herefordshire: Cattlebreed
    Worcestershire: the sauce
    Gloucestershire: badminton
    Oxfordshire: Oxford University
    Buckinghamshire: Duke of Buckingham (3 musketeers)
    Bedfordshire: pigbreed
    Hertfordshire: deer
    Middlesex: Saxon
    Essex: also Saxon
    Berkshire: kind of tree (birch)
    Wiltshire: Legendary home of a Saxon tribe (I know it is named after a river )
    Hampshire:Southampton
    Sussex: Saxon
    Kent: home of the Cantuarii (Halfdanes/Jutes ?)
    Surrey: sorry
    Dorset: Dorset summer camp..
    Somerset: isles
    Devon: Dartmoor & Exmoor
    Cornwall: Insular Keltic pirate's den

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119

0 Not allowed!

Ah! Good replies, lads and lass!
    I actually think there's something worthwhile in this, in terms of building up a healthier attitude to the nation and our culture, from the local upwards. Poor old Bedfordshire and Huntingdonshire need to 'get their finger out' and make more of an impression on the rest of the country, for instance!

Ere's my go;
    Northumberland - Geordies. Grandad. Cyning Ida. Gannin doon the Gosforth Road, te see The Blaydon Races. Cuddy Ducks. The Battle of Carham Lord Armstrong's munitions, pumps and other heavy Tyneside industry, and his homes at Cragside and Bamburgh - the way in which he spent the proceeds.
    Cumberland - The first British conquests of the MacOssu clan. Dunmail Rise. Urien Rheged. Birdoswald, Camboglanna, the Roman Wall. Hardknott Pass and the nearby fort of Mediobogdum. Glannaventa - Saint Patrick's birthplace. The Bewcastle runes.
    Westmorland - Windermere. Penrith - another early MacOssu stopping point. Tebay services on the M6. Surprisingly, given the name; Moors.
    County Durham - Rowing on the Wear, losing competitions. 'Whisht, Lads, haad yer gobs an a'll tell yers aall an aaful story...' Three glorious years, but as many unrequited loves... Those endless damn bellringing sessions, even though you almost miss them when away. Prebends Bridge. The Pub Quiz at the Old Elm Tree. Pickled eggs at the Dun Cow. The dismalness of Peterlee, which even spreads to the adjacent bit of coastline. The EVIL that is Bowburn Church...
    Lancashire - Heimat. Маленкая Родина. Good old dark satanic mills. The terrible old glory that was Cottonopolis. Chimneys. Fred Dibnah. Black Pudding and flat caps. Funny harsh old Norse names like Grimsarch, Skelmersdale and Scarisbrick.
    Yorkshire - Thwaites and Thorpes. Pieheads (Borrebys?!?). The epochal Battles of Fulford and Stamford Bridge. The beautiful assistant in the chemist's at the latter village. Ekh... Eburakon>Eboracum>Caer Ebrauc>Eoforwic>Jorvik>York. Catterick - the fall of Old North as told in y Gododdin, the racetrack and the military base. Mr. Biggins off 'All Creatures Great and Small'. Robin Hood's earliest attested home - by Barnsley.
    Cheshire - Beeston Castle. Posh rural types who must hate to live by the Mersey! Cheese. The pretentious dwellings of Manchester's retired gangstery and footballdom.
    Derbyshire - The High Peak, Bakewell Tarts, Mam Tor Iron Age hillfort. Chatsworth House.
    Nottinghamshire - Karen People who talk normal, despite dangerous proximity to non-Northern regions, using the word 'cob', for instance. The Trent. Mythological plagiarism, c.f. 'Yorkshire'.
    Lincolnshire - The Wolds. High open farmland, huge skies. Good cheap second hand books at the shop in Horncastle. Knights Templar tower in Temple Bruer. Danish toponymy. Corieltauvi.
    Shropshire - Short brunets. Beautiful short brunettes, especially that one in the shoe shop in Shrewsbury, all deliciously wrapped up in a tweed coat... Viroconium>Wroxeter - one of our better Roman towns to visit, now abandoned. The Wrekin, the notched hill that presides over it all. The Long Mynd. Estate agents with Welsh surnames. Bits of poor old Oswald, rotting on that tree at Oswestry...
    Staffordshire - Ironbridge (first in the world). The Black Country, Potteries, Canals.
    Warwickshire - Stratford - Shakespeare. The Kingmaker.
    Leicestershire - My mate Jimbo. King Lear.
    Northamptonshire - My mate Licko. The pronunciation 'NorrfAAAAn'.'s'.
    Huntingdonshire - Cromwell? The fact that the 1990s Local Government Commission for England found that "there was no exceptional county allegiance to Huntingdonshire, as had been perceived in Rutland and Herefordshire."... Heartless swines?
    Cambridgeshire - Cromwell's head is here. Punting. AGONISINGLY flat terrain. (except) The Gog and Magog Hills.
    Rutland - The Queen's Soke. Unremarkable East Midlands countryside. Anomalous. Our Rhode Island?
    Norfolk - Nelson. Good Hat shop at Burnham Market. Round Towers on the churches. Pig farms. Boudicca.
    Suffolk - Sutton Hoo. Constable. Lovejoy.
    Herefordshire - Ergyng. Hergest. Llanfair Waterdine. When did we nick this off the Welsh?
    Worcestershire - One of the few major English cathedrals I haven't been in. Vigora.
    Gloucestershire - Clive, the sexagenarian English alcoholic бомж (tramp) of Moscow who I occasionally allowed to sleep in my hallway on pizza boxes. The ornate tombs of Tewkesbury Abbey.
    Oxfordshire - The Rollright Stones (stone circle). Scrubby bitty aesthetically-unpleasing countryside.
    Buckinghamshire - Chilterns. That big view that tells you it's alright to sigh with relief - London is behind you. Red Kites over the M4.
    Bedfordshire - <scratches head> Bidecanford, where the Saxons took the Chilterns? Or was it somewhere else?
    Hertfordshire - Dreary Hemel Hempstead Caravan site. Caratacus.
    Middlesex - London. Father Thames. The Guildhall and Barbican. Gog and Magog. Future reconquistas.
    Essex - Sebbe's tomb. Good apostate Saxons.
    Berkshire - The Vale of the White Horse. Wayland's Smithy long barrow. Extortionate Windsor Castle.
    Wiltshire - Avebury. Stonehenge. Silbury. West Kennet long barrow. Monopolises the neolithic for the whole country. Salisbury Cathedral and Old Sarum.
    Hampshire - Winchester Cathedral - Knutr, Aemma, AEthelred, you name it, their bones are here, and there, and here, all mixed up, naughty Puritans... The New Forest ponies. Is the Isle of Wight part of it or not?!
    Sussex - Senlac Cissa. Where Wilfrith went to cause trouble when he was kicked out of the North.
    Kent - Hops. Hengest and Horse. The White Horse Stone and Kit's Coty. A flag identical to that of Nieder Sachsen. Mariette Larkin (Catherine 'Zeta' Jones when she was nice and juicy and fresh).
    Surrey - Chessington World of Adventure. I went when I was about ten. Can't remember much. Good log flume. I bought a bat, but lost it. Sorry, Surrey!
    Dorset - The 'Jurassic Coast'. Old Harry Rocks on the 'Isle' of Purbeck and the view over to the other white cliffs of Hampshire. Durdle Door sea arch and other good rock formations. Maiden Castle, Dorchester.
    Somerset - Zider! Cheddar Gorge. Master Wat, an bean cheile Ui Watt, and the Watlings.
    Devon - Johnny Kingdom. Exmoor. Dartmoor's bronze age remains. Torrs.
    Cornwall - should it even be in this list? I even thought to include Monmouthshire, to get a rise out of the Welshies, so you can think yourselves lucky, you Celts! Kernewek, mar plek. Men an Tol. Boscawen Un. Dolly Pentreath. Pirates. Bezants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat
    A thin red line.
    Damn Dumnonian!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemeric
    Northumberland - Use to be a kingdom.
    We'll be back...
    Cumberland - There are lots of places in America named after Cumberland.
    Probably via the Duke, if they're oldish places. Brother or Uncle to the Georges. Maybe the same feller who cleaned up after Culloden. 'Bloody Butcher' they called him.
    Lancashire - Cotton mills. Major center of the industrial revolution.
    Birthplace, Aemy!
    Yorkshire - York is here. Yorkshire pudding. I've heard it is disgusting. The pudding that is.
    Oh dear, we'll have to correct that foul slander! When are you coming over? We'll have to get you to try some...
    Derbyshire - Horse races are named after this place.
    I could be wrong, but I thought they were named after West Derby, which is in my own dear Longcastershire. Either that, or after Lord Stanley, the Earl of said Lancastrian Derby.
    Nottinghamshire - Robin Hood.
    A Yorkshireman....
    Shropshire - Wassn't coke invented here. Not the kind you drink but the kind they use to make pig iron.
    Possibly, they did stuff like that down there, aye. And thank God you specified, I thought of the drug, first!
    Warwickshire - Shakespeare Country.
    There do exist theories for a Lancastrian association even here, but I won't push it - one for the real 'enthusiast', you might say!
    Leicestershire - Earl of Leicester, Good Queen Bess's 'favorite'.
    Buckinghamshire - Duke of Buckingham. There were several, one gave his (titular) name to Buckingham Palace.
    I doubt either set foot in the places!
    Northamptonshire - Dianaland.
    That's where it is, eh? Wonder how big the souvenir shop is?...
    Herefordshire - Herefords are a popular breed of beef cattle in the American West.
    Aye, there's a good Western about shipping them over! (If it's American and not in a Western, Oswiu doesn't know it! And even if it is, he mixes it up with stuff in other films... )
    [/quote]Oxfordshire - The other very prestigious university.[/quote]
    Hehe! Having no tie to either of them, this cracks me up!
    Almost as much as this;
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottar
    Cambridgeshire - Oxford ?
    Good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemeric
    Essex - East Anglia
    East SAXONS =/= East ANGLES! Blasphemy!
    [/quote]Dorset - I'm sure there was a Duke of Dorset.[/quote]
    I recall a bothersome one in Edward IV's day, aye.
    Devon - The garden of England so I've heard.
    Kent is usually surnamed in that wise. But quite well done, AEmeric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl
    Cumberland - ...? CUMBRIA - Lake District! Windermere and Kednal town! Old norwegian toponyms.

Westmorland - again... Cumbria?
    CUMBRIA?!?!?! Wash your mouth out with soap!!! Damned bureaucrats and their tinkering... Both towns you mention are in Westmorland!
    Lancashire - Lancaster castle,
    A distant affinal relative of mine was locked up in there for bigamy, not too long ago...
    Leicestershire - large Indian minority (majority?)...
    To be honest, that's what came to my mind too.
    Essex - girls old city of Colchester, Mersey island,
    MerseA. Our Mersey is far far away, thank the Gods. Although, linguistically, the names would be better the other way round, given that ours is from _ea_ and theirs from _eg_. How queer.
    Wiltshire - bacon, Stonehenge, Salisbury Plain,
    How odd that bacon should come first! But there are a lot of free range pig farms - I love looking at the enormous sows lounging about, and the little piglets running all over!

You've seen quite a lot of places I've seen, Jarl! Not bad for - how many years you been here?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis
    County Durham - ... A very clever Lady called Deborah with an all-but-extinct hereditary title.
    Oh aye, looking for a husband, is she...?
    Lancashire - Really dry materialistic people who are well into their 'stuff' and what they have that you do not...
    Hehe! I dread to think what sort you've met! I liked the 'dry' bit, though!
    [/quote]Cheshire - Footballers and their horrible wives.[/quote]
    Hehe, ditto!
    Lincolnshire - An enduring post-Christian regional obsession with the Devil, devils and devilment.
    Really? Curious. How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim
    Cumberland. Sorry Sausages is the answer
    The local butchers won't mind your free endorsement! They are nice, too!
    Cheshire. Gorge
    Should I tell you off for that, or let Wat?
    Staffordshire. plowing country

Northamptonshire. oh dear
    Quite! And even my mate who lives there would probably second this! Brixworth Church is interesting, though.
    Middlesex. too close to London
    You'd have a job getting closer...
    Essex. girls
    You've nearly all said this! Should I consider moving there?
    Is that where Lovejoy is set? Wouldn't mind a Lady Jane Felsham, and I'm not too different from Ian McShane, in looks or name, if that's what's required to get one!
    Devon. used to live there pretty and warm. Janners
    Qu'est ce que c'est, les Janneurs?!?
    You can see I like food and animals!
    Best when combined, those two!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottar
    Herefordshire - OE Army-fjord town
    Good man, well, nearly, if you hadn't put that odd Scandinavian J in the middle of it!
    May even have been elliptical for herepAEthford, according to Ekwall.
    Kent - Etymologically related to an uncouth Germanic word, as it was the "origin." ()
    'Tis NOT! 'S a Celtic word, possibly meaning 'edge' or 'rim'.
    Devon - Celtic settlement, outpost of the Roman Empire in Britannia.
    People REALLY overdo the 'Celtic' thing. It's chock a block with Old English placenames, more so than several counties further east. There was serious migration thither. And what's that about the Romans? They ruled everything up to the Tyne, and even further on occasions.
    Cornwall - Kernow, coasts, dark hair, tin, distinct
    I'm there now. I have seen a handful of very dark Hannibals , but red is more common, oddly enough. As in Devon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Cumberland-..., Hartley's XXX
    Though I was hoping you'd give an ale for EVERY shire!
    County Durham-"There's na puffs in the DLI, Stokes!"
    Aye, I've had a few kin in the Durham Light Infantry too, so I can vouch for that! But what is the phrase off, some film?
    Lancashire-the clatter o'clogs,
    I'm too young for remembering the clogs meself...
    Yorkshire-"Hear all, see all, say nowt, tak' all, keep all, gie nowt, and if tha ever does owt for nowt do it for thysen"
    We call em for it, but I can sympathise with that sentiment... Maybe I'm too near the border for my own good! Was it going to school with Saddleworth types that did it?
    Ruby Robert Fitzsimmons
    Oozat? And will you be disgusted with me for not knowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    County Durham - The only county that is not a shire
    Cumberlandshire? Westmorlandshire? Rutlandshire?
    Cornwall - Only county in England with an indigenous language
    Never been to Tyneside or Merseyside, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Prince View Post
    County Durham: cigarettes
    why?
    Berkshire: kind of tree (birch)
    Coincidence. But keep trying!
    It's from an ancient forest, supposedly named after its hilly country, something like *barroc in Ancient British.
    'Birk' for birch is only met with in the Scandinavian-settled lands of the north and east. up
    Surrey: sorry

Last Online
    06-23-2010 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ingaevonic
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Prince
    Durham: cigarettes
    why?
    Duke of Durham
    Thats one..

Bull Durham was an institution in the Old West. There were, of course, other brands but who remembers them?
    It all began after the Civil War. John Green, a tobacco farmer just outside Durham, North Carolina, was deluged with orders from discharged Yankee soldiers who asked for "that fine Durham smoking tobacco."
    Yankees, or not, Green was ready to make a fast buck. He abandoned his pre-war brand, Best Flavored Spanish Smoking Tobacco, and renamed his product Genuine Durham Smoking Tobacco.
    When the new label was being designed, Green looked at the wrapping on a jar of Coleman's Mustard. He took a liking to the bull on the trademark and ordered the printer to put a Durham bull on the label.
    And thats two (though Wild West)

Just Myself Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 02:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    igneous
    Ancestry
    Lewisian gneiss
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Pebble
    Politics
    it's MY rock
    Religion
    Heathen
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Should I tell you off for that, or let Wat?
    Yes, yes, I know swap the enterries for Cheddar and Cheshire! Too many cheeses on my list!
    Qu'est ce que c'est, les Janneurs?!?
    People who live in Plymouth
    Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    the self must also die;
    but glory never dies,
    For the one who is able to achieve it.

Sayings of the High One.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Herefordshire - Herefords are a popular breed of beef cattle in the American West.
    Aye, there's a good Western about shipping them over!
    It's called "The Rare Breed", staring Jimmy Stewart & Maureen O'Hara. up

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Northumberland ........................ Geordies
    Cumberland ........................ Sausages
    Westmorland ......................... 2nd largest shire
    County Durham ...................... Durham cathedral
    Lancashire .......................... hotpot
    Yorkshire .......................... pudding
    Cheshire ......................... cheese
    Derbyshire ................... Brian Clough
    Nottinghamshire ....................... Forrest
    Lincolnshire ......................... The Fens
    Shropshire ...................... Telford hospital
    Staffordshire .......................... Pottery
    Warwickshire ............................ William Shakespear
    Leicestershire ................................ Where the worlds greatest ducters come from
    Northamptonshire ................................... Mrs Claytons Guest house B/B
    Huntingdonshire ................................... Oliver Cromwell
    Cambridgeshire ........................................ university
    Rutland ................................... multum in parvo "much in little"
    Norfolk .......................................... Broads
    Suffolk ........................................ large container port
    Herefordshire ........................................... SAS
    Worcestershire ............................................. Malvern hills
    Gloucestershire .................................................. old spot pigs
    Oxfordshire .................................................. .. inspector morse
    Buckinghamshire .................................................. .... milton keynes shopping centre - 1987 i watched the hurricane winds
    Bedfordshire .................................................. ....... fanny Anne
    Hertfordshire .................................................. ........... Mrs Hook's B/B - Bishops Stortford
    Middlesex .................................................. ............ Cricket club
    Essex .................................................. ........... Thick Blonds
    Berkshire .................................................. ........... Windsor Castle
    Wiltshire .................................................. ............ more animals than humans
    Hampshire .................................................. ..............Royal navy head quarters
    Sussex .................................................. ..............gay capital of UK
    Kent .................................................. ...............hops for brewing beer
    Surrey .................................................. ...............surrey capon
    Dorset .................................................. ...................mornin Dennis, bet nippy this mornin ent it?
    Somerset .................................................. ....................Ian Boltham (Beefy}
    Devon .................................................. ...................clotted cream
    Cornwall .................................................. ..................Bude and Newquay...........home of the wave
    Last edited by Germanicus; 09-11-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Last Online
    04-18-2015 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Aye, there's a good Western about shipping them over!
    The Rare Breed with Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara
    Though I was hoping you'd give an ale for EVERY shire!
    I've been meaning to get back to this thread and finish my list. I'll see what I can do about the ales.

Aye, I've had a few kin in the Durham Light Infantry too, so I can vouch for that! But what is the phrase off, some film?
    Aye, McVicar with Roger Daltrey. The Cockneys are always winding up the Geordie guards. That line was in response to one inmate telling another that "They've found another daisy chain in the DLI" Great British film based on a true jailbreak story

I'm too young for remembering the clogs meself...
    I've got a couple of pairs me fayther left me.

We call em for it, but I can sympathise with that sentiment... Maybe I'm too near the border for my own good! Was it going to school with Saddleworth types that did it?
    Aye, it's good advice. even if my old uncle used to say, "The only good thing to come out of Yorkshire is the East Lancs Road."

Oozat? And will you be disgusted with me for not knowing?
    Very! He's the only Englishman besides Lennox...errr, the only Englishman to win the World's Heavyweight Championship. He was really a tall middleweight but he beat James J Corbett and James J Jeffries. This was around 1900

Real men drink real ale.

Stumble Inn

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,812
    Given: 6,516

1 Not allowed!

Northumberland - The Charlton's, Bamburgh Castle, Lindisfarne
    Cumberland - Sausage, Lakes
    Westmorland - nothing
    County Durham - Bede
    Lancashire - George Formby, Cotton, Canals, Rain, Hotpot, Barm cakes
    Yorkshire - Geoffrey Boycott, Yorkshire Pudding, Wool, Dales & Moors
    Cheshire - Cheese
    Derbyshire - Peak District
    Nottinghamshire - Robin Hood
    Lincolnshire - Sausage
    Shropshire - The Iron Bridge, Darwin and Early Industry
    Staffordshire - Pottery/China, Oatcakes
    Warwickshire - Shakespeare, Rover
    Leicestershire - Cheese
    Northamptonshire - The Watford Gap
    Huntingdonshire - nothing
    Cambridgeshire - University, Fens/Marshes
    Rutland - Rutland Weekend Television
    Norfolk - Alan Partidge, Mustard, Fens/Marshes, Lotus
    Suffolk - Rendlesham Forest
    Herefordshire - nothing
    Worcestershire - Sauce, Malvern Hills
    Gloucestershire - Cheese, Cotswolds
    Oxfordshire - University
    Buckinghamshire - Nothing
    Bedfordshire - Clanger
    Hertfordshire - nothing
    Middlesex - old London
    Essex - Trashy TV
    Berkshire - Windsor Castle, Ricky Gervais
    Wiltshire - Stonehenge
    Hampshire - Docks/Shipbuilding
    Sussex - Middle class
    Kent - The Canterbury Tales, White Cliffs
    Surrey - Middle Class
    Dorset - nothing
    Somerset - Cider
    Devon - Tea, 'The English Riviera'
    Cornwall - Pasties, Pirates, Tin
    Last edited by Creoda; 10-20-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information