Mercola.com
Dr. Mercola
May 18 2007

School-age boys are now being advised to get vaccinated with Gardasil, Merck’s cervical cancer vaccine, according to mainstream media reports. Previously, the vaccine was only recommended for girls.

The new male recommendation is based on the notion that boys could get throat cancer if they have oral sex with an HPV-infected girl.

According to some, however, recommending Gardasil to boys is little more than a scare campaign aimed at gaining market share from teenage boys.

Even the advice to give mandatory Gardasil vaccinations to young girls is simply disease mongering designed to sell vaccines. This is because girls who have HPV do not automatically get cervical cancer.

Girls who have healthy immune systems, and who lead healthy lifestyles, have little risk of developing cervical cancer from HPV. It is only girls who have compromised immune systems that may be vulnerable.

This could be a new low for the pharmaceutical companies, recommending a vaccine for boys that’s designed for a body part they do not have. It is my belief that this is an obvious and reprehensible attempt to sell more of their ineffective and potentially dangerous Gardasil vaccine.

After all, if Merck pulls this off, they will have doubled Gardasil’s target market, with a corresponding doubling of their profits as well.

Let’s face it. The topic of cancer can be a highly emotionally charged event with potentially devastating consequences. Drug companies are EXPERTS in understanding how to manipulate these negative emotions to their advantage. They employ some of the most effective marketers on the planet and know full well how to maximize these fears to their advantage.

This is an important decision, and if you have not carefully studied it, and are responsible for making the decision for yourself or for your children, then I would implore you to spend serious time CAREFULLY analyzing both sides of the argument. A wrong decision could have absolutely devastating consequences for you and your children.

You can use the links on my Favorites Page to start your journey.

Once you carefully study the evidence you will understand that the boys who receive the proposed Gardasil vaccine will begin to experience side effects, just as their female peers did.

Fear Drives Profits Up

Unfortunately, the effectiveness of the drug company’s marketing campaign is such that the majority of the public will believe this new campaign on how to “protect” their children using the Gardasil vaccine. Fortunately, you will know better.

This is the same old story as fear is typically the the driving force used to sell vaccines and other medications, as you can see by the links below.
A West Nile Virus vaccine
Antibiotics to fight anthrax
Chickenpox vaccine
A drug for breast cancer (for women who DO NOT HAVE breast cancer)
A human vaccine for bird flu
Cancer is Not Caused by a “Vaccine Deficiency”

You may be wondering about the real cause of cancer, and for that matter any and all disease. Please realize that in no way, shape, or form is it related to a vaccine or drug deficiency. Nor is it caused by some random event that is waiting in the wings to strike you down.

I had previously believed that in the majority of cases, what “causes” cancer and illness is a breakdown in your system due to an unhealthy lifestyle and exposure to toxins in your environment. Now I am convinced that unresolved emotional trauma is the primary factor in most cancers, and the best approach to understanding this is German New Medicine.

While unresolved emotional trauma is likely the primary cause of cancer, you can influence your exposure to this by modifying traditional risk factors.

How?

With these 12 lifestyle changes that will cut your cancer risk in half.

Getting back to the topic of Gardasil, I’d urge each and every one of you to do your homework before deciding whether or not to vaccinate your son or daughter. If you do the research and decide this or another vaccination is NOT for you, you do have the legal right to refuse it.

If you would like more details, my new book Take Control of Your Health has an entire chapter devoted to this topic, along with a thorough Appendix that tells you step-by-step how to legally avoid vaccinations.