Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ancient DNA Reveals Prehistoric Gene-Flow from Siberia in the Complex Human Population History of No

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-06-2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Western Norwegian, Romani, North German, East Asian.
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Hordaland
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1
    Taxonomy
    Evil Twin
    Politics
    Pragmatic
    Religion
    Humanist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 23

0 Not allowed!

Default Ancient DNA Reveals Prehistoric Gene-Flow from Siberia in the Complex Human Population History of No

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/...l.pgen.1003296

"North East Europe harbors a high diversity of cultures and languages, suggesting a complex genetic history. Archaeological, anthropological, and genetic research has revealed a series of influences from Western and Eastern Eurasia in the past. While genetic data from modern-day populations is commonly used to make inferences about their origins and past migrations, ancient DNA provides a powerful test of such hypotheses by giving a snapshot of the past genetic diversity. In order to better understand the dynamics that have shaped the gene pool of North East Europeans, we generated and analyzed 34 mitochondrial genotypes from the skeletal remains of three archaeological sites in northwest Russia. These sites were dated to the Mesolithic and the Early Metal Age (7,500 and 3,500 uncalibrated years Before Present). We applied a suite of population genetic analyses (principal component analysis, genetic distance mapping, haplotype sharing analyses) ... Comparisons of genetic data from ancient and modern-day populations revealed significant changes in the mitochondrial makeup of North East Europeans through time. Mesolithic foragers showed high frequencies and diversity of haplogroups U (U2e, U4, U5a), a pattern observed previously in European hunter-gatherers from Iberia to Scandinavia. In contrast, the presence of mitochondrial DNA haplogroups C, D, and Z in Early Metal Age individuals suggested discontinuity with Mesolithic hunter-gatherers and genetic influx from central/eastern Siberia. We identified remarkable genetic dissimilarities between prehistoric and modern-day North East Europeans/Saami, which suggests an important role of post-Mesolithic migrations from Western Europe and subsequent population replacement/extinctions. ... It contributes to the description of the spatio-temporal distribution of mitochondrial diversity and will be of significance for future reconstructions of the history of Europeans."
    Hoping this has not been discussed here before?

Either way its a good summary of modern population versus ancient ones, the mtDNA map frequency is the most telling.

The mtDNA data firmly puts Finland, Hungarians and Tatars inline with Europe, putting Turks in the middle east and Saami in extreme Northern Europe.
    Which is what we have seen DNA show over and over again, i would like to see a similar paper that focus on YDNA, but iknow its nearly impossible using todays methods since YDNA degrades much faster then mtDNA in decaying remains...the interesting outlines is Azerbaijan and Basque, the latter can be explained by a small genepool, dont know about Azerbaijan though, have not look much into their DNA before, but i doubt they have such a small genepool?
    " I once tried thinking for an entire day, but I found it less valuable than one moment of study. I once tried standing up on my toes to see far out in the distance, but I found that I could see much farther by climbing to a high place."
    Xunzi

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

I guess this may also be related to that 'Asian shift' in northern Europeans?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Hordaland
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1
    Taxonomy
    Evil Twin
    Politics
    Pragmatic
    Religion
    Humanist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I guess this may also be related to that 'Asian shift' in northern Europeans?
    Yes, we know there is an ancient component linking the global Northern hemisphere together:

You see it clearly when looking at admixture results, usually all the populations have a shared component, this is why we also often see "Native American" admixture in Northern Europe, which is of course not due to recent influx of native ancestry in Europe, but due to a ancient shared genepool...it makes sense given that these northern peoples are highly inbred due to a low population number, this is also why they have such low variation in mtDNA and YDNA linages contra southern peoples, whom tend to be less inbred and have much more variation in this regard.
    " I once tried thinking for an entire day, but I found it less valuable than one moment of study. I once tried standing up on my toes to see far out in the distance, but I found that I could see much farther by climbing to a high place."
    Xunzi

Last Online
    10-26-2014 @ 11:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    latin american
    Ethnicity
    chilean
    Country
    Chile
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 497

0 Not allowed!

This is quite curious. I always wondered why some Scandinavians looked Asiatic or Amerindian. So, as it happens, not only Amerindians and Turks have some relation to Siberians, but also Nordics. Maybe is time to found the community of Siberian descendants.
    NO RESPONDO ATAQUES DE IMBÉCILES. NO INSISTA.

Last Online
    08-30-2020 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    .*.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b>BY593
    mtDNA
    U5b2a2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 883

0 Not allowed!

Last edited by ALL; 02-18-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Current R1b samples found in -Yamnaya-3300–2600 BC, Afanasievo-3300 BCE — 2500 BCE, Vucedol-3000 BC – 2200 BC, Catacomb-2800–2200 BC, Bell Beaker-2800–1800 BCE, Poltavka-2700—2100 BC, Scythian-9th century BC up until the 4th century AD, Sarmatian-4th, 3rd and 2nd centuries BCE....

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Hordaland
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1
    Taxonomy
    Evil Twin
    Politics
    Pragmatic
    Religion
    Humanist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pinguino View Post
    This is quite curious. I always wondered why some Scandinavians looked Asiatic or Amerindian. So, as it happens, not only Amerindians and Turks have some relation to Siberians, but also Nordics. Maybe is time to found the community of Siberian descendants.
    It would be wrong to name Siberia as the point of origin for the shared component across the Arctic, as we dont know the point of origin, but likely its from a more southern location, from where people migrated northwards and so on.
    Its also from what ive seen not the same component found in some Turks, they rarely score any "Native American on admixture" runs.
    Xunzi

Professional Racial anthropologist
    Last Online
    01-16-2014 @ 03:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Atlantean
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    Turks, they rarely score any "Native American on admixture" runs.
    True, one Dodecad Globe4 Turks score only 2.1% "Amerindian" on average, Swedes for example get 8.8% while Finns have the highest score among Europeans at 12.1%

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Hordaland
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1
    Taxonomy
    Evil Twin
    Politics
    Pragmatic
    Religion
    Humanist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pallantides View Post
    True, one Dodecad Globe4 Turks score only 2.1% "Amerindian" on average, Swedes for example get 8.8% while Finns have the highest score among Europeans at 12.1%
    Its actually a fascinating issue that should be explored further, i am still waiting for the big study David said he would do on Eurasian and Turkic connections, i can bump the idea and also at the same time ask if he could check out this mystery also..

I would also like to check out why some populations are so far from their geographical locations, such as Azeri's and Basque...
    Xunzi

Last Online
    03-05-2013 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    nord celtic atlantean nord
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    nord atlantic, nord celtic
    mtDNA
    borreby, alpine, dinaric
    Taxonomy
    noric
    Religion
    The Black Star Cult
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

that amerindian score is for north american indians, that could be caused by cabotage sailing made by scandinavians during the ice age to north america, as studies say. the eye shape can be an adaptation to snow reflection. a red hair population could be the one that migrated from north himalaya - siberia when the ice started to melt. caucasian not mongoloid. theres good data here about that, though the author is a bit paranoid about armenoid mongoloid traces in Europe, giving no account to adaptations to ice (eye shape) and mountain (nose shape) in non armenoid mongoloid population.
    http://europa-soberana.blogia.com/20...ication-i-.php
    Whites have the seven colors all together.

Last Online
    07-31-2020 @ 02:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 296

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by evon View Post
    Its actually a fascinating issue that should be explored further, i am still waiting for the big study David said he would do on Eurasian and Turkic connections, i can bump the idea and also at the same time ask if he could check out this mystery also..

I would also like to check out why some populations are so far from their geographical locations, such as Azeri's and Basque...
    I think Polako explained the reason for this in Eurogenes.

In simple words Europeans share common ancient North Eurasian ancestry with south Americans, the Karitiana people in particular. That explains why some north-west Europeans tend to score South Amerind specifically in various calculators instead of North Amerind/Siberian as Scandinavians/Finns/Russians etc. do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information