Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,273
    Given: 5,610

1 Not allowed!

Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.

Other Possible Types

LIE (ENTj): 81% as likely as EII.
    EIE (ENFj): 76% as likely as EII.
    IEE (ENFp): 73% as likely as EII.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-25-2015 @ 10:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,154
    Given: 1,285

0 Not allowed!

EIE(ENFj)
    Last edited by Alchemysta; 03-21-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Can't deny a lot of this. As you say, I admit to it myself. To be fair in the UK profundity would be seen as melodrama and immediately subject to mockery. As a nation we're opposed to it.
    Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture. Most of the current British members of this forum are sensors, in fact. Contrast this to the more intuitive culture of France, for example. Here it is similar. The more sensing Norwegians versus the more intuitive Swedes.

I certainly do enjoy attention, though I wouldn't say it's [consciously] important to me, whereas general approval is important to me. We are all a product of our times. I'm sure we would all be different if we had been born a century ago, or even a decade before we were.
    Definitely, though it is something I consciously and unconsciously try to avoid in favour of things more constant. Sometimes it may seem like sheer contrarianism, but that is just another way of being defined fully as a man of one's circumstances, which is what I avoid.

Objectively it seems to me that a dialectic argumentation style is generally superior, but I really enjoy rhetoric styles.
    It depends in what circumstances you use them. Either style applied too widely usually ends up being distasteful. I favour either style depending on the circumstances.

Either way, I can't think of many people [on this site] who genuinely generally employ dialectic styles.
    That is true. I think it depends on the circumstances. Where the environment such that it demanded that the forumites up their game, I am sure they would.

My disdain for philosophy is well known.
    A rather typical sensing attitude.

Everyone seems to be INTJ, what can you tell me about that?
    This forum attracts INTJs because the topics discussed are arcane and are heavy on classification, system-thinking and measuring.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture. Most of the current British members of this forum are sensors, in fact. Contrast this to the more intuitive culture of France, for example. Here it is similar. The more sensing Norwegians versus the more intuitive Swedes.
    I can't comment on Scandinavian subdivisions, but I'll take your word for it.

Definitely, though it is something I consciously and unconsciously try to avoid in favour of things more constant.
    Yes, I have noticed that about you and others. Of course, you see that as a positive thing to do, I see it as a wasted effort. But each to their own.

That is true.
    Message boards lend themselves to rhetoric styles. We'd all be more dialectic IRL.

This forum attracts INTJs because the topics discussed are arcane and are heavy on classification, system-thinking and measuring.
    Good point.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I-M223, R-L48
    mtDNA
    H27, V4
    Taxonomy
    Celtic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,213
    Given: 5,756

0 Not allowed!

I have never quite understood how some P types in MBTI are the equivalent of j types in Socionics, for example Socionics INFj = MBTI INFP. On the other hand Socionics ENFp = MBTI ENFP . Or have I missed something? I'm far less familiar with Socionics than MBTI.

Yes, the British are for certain very sensing as a people and as a culture.
    That's why I'm often seen to be a fruitcake then.

Last Online
    07-19-2023 @ 11:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Ethnicity
    Amud
    Ancestry
    Amerimutt
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nobilid
    Religion
    personal belief system
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,896
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!

Your Sociotype: LII-1Ti (INTj)

I've taken a few MBTI tests and always get INTP, so this was a little different.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Illyrian, Thracian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Hero
    Queen Teuta
    Religion
    Albanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 1,697

1 Not allowed!

Your Sociotype: ESE-2Fe (ESFj)

Using extroverted feeling as her base function and introverted sensing as her creative, the ESE is adept at understanding people's emotional needs, and she often responds to these needs through comforting words and actions. Driven by a desire for harmony and perfection in her life, the ESE uses her emotional acuity to strengthen and solidify the relationships with the people she cares about in her life. The ESE enjoys bringing people together for social interaction and improving their moods through the use of games, laughter, music, and good food. Perhaps better than any other type (exept for maybe the SEI), the ESE understands the effect that this sensory stimuli can have on a person's emotional state. At her best, the ESE is a center of vibrant social interaction where the goal is harmony and happiness for all the group participants; at her worst, the ESE's desire to help others may cause her to neglect her own needs. Additionally, the ESE's penchant for empathy can often cause her undue strain when she bears the emotional pain that others are feeling.

SEE (ESFp): 88% as likely as ESE.
    SEI (ISFp): 84% as likely as ESE.
    ESI (ISFj): 72% as likely as ESE.
    Last edited by Sideritis; 03-21-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

1 Not allowed!

Test Results
    Your Sociotype: IEE-1Fi (ENFp)
    Brief Description of the IEE

Using extroverted intuition as his base function and introverted feeling as his creative, the IEE is adept at generating new possibilities, particularly those that relate to human interaction. Like the ILE, the IEE absorbs and comprehends new concepts with amazing speed. However it should be noted that the IEE relies on his personal observations as a foundation for his conceptual understanding; he bases all his theoretical frameworks on what he has observerd in the real world. If the IEE cannot relate a hypothesis to something he has personally observed, it is more difficult for him to conceptualize or believe in it. The IEE uses his creative function to understand the intricacies of relationships and human interaction. At his best, the IEE has deep and profound insight into the nature of human behavior and their relationships; at his worst, the IEE's propensity for generating possibilities can leave him adrift in an idealized world with little motivation to actually accomplish goals or complete projects. Furthermore, although the IEE understands abstract concepts quite readily, he sometimes glosses over the logical framework of a hypothesis or theory. Learn more about the IEE here!
    Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 93% as likely as IEE.
    EIE (ENFj): 84% as likely as IEE.
    EII (INFj): 76% as likely as IEE.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

1 Not allowed!

My friend told me that MBTI differs from Socionics. I'm not sure in what way, as a few years ago, the only sources for Socionics in English was from one site that a member had translated from Russian. I would like to know more about Socionics and understand the differences between the two systems.

I understand myself more now than a few years ago. When I tested as ENFP in the Accurate Personality Test, it made sense to me as I finally understood the differences between the E and I traits. Kind of funny that I should get the same result for Socionics. Before I was primarily INFP and ESTJ(Socionics).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

2 Not allowed!

We haven't had much contact, so I am making judgments on a rather speculative basis. My impression of you is first of all that you are introverted. Whether you are sensing or intuitive I am not so sure. A thinker for certain. Whether you are perceiving or judging I am not so sure. I believe you are either LII, ILI, SLI or LSI. I will take the three guess you gave me and guess that you are, from most to least likely, either LII, ILI or SLI.

How widespread is the use of the Socionics test in Russia, by the way? I know that it was made in the USSR and everything, but is it now comparable to how the MBTI is used in the West?
    We indeed haven't had much contact so i can't judge you, however on both tests i got ENTP, will check myself with this one. Will appreciate your comments on my type.

Socionics are not very widespread, they are more or less in the same legaue as astrology, as all scientifical start-ups of 80-s it haven't had much funding and thus development. I have no idea about MBTI and the West.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information