Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

1 Not allowed!

Default Albanians Are Albanians: For Those Sick Of Other Theories

I've got nothing against Albabians. If anything they're my favorite Muslims but I'm confused about them constantly posting theories that they're Illyrians or Greeks or something. Why can't they just be content with being Albanians?

P.S. what's with everyone in the Balkans claiming to be the real Greeks?
    Spoiler!

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

The Greeks had a very important civilization, that has shaped the modern world. That said Albanians are very genetically closely related to Greeks. They certainly did not come from the Southern Caucasus.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Magnificent bastard Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-08-2014 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, French, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ubermensch
    Ancestry
    Germany Austria France Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Mixed
    Politics
    Freedom.......
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglojew View Post
    I've got nothing against Albabians. If anything they're my favorite Muslims but I'm confused about them constantly posting theories that they're Illyrians or Greeks or something. Why can't they just be content with being Albanians?

A severe identity crisis.
    Fortune favors the bold.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

Last Online
    04-06-2022 @ 04:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,989
    Given: 3,806

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglojew View Post

lol are you talking about the troll thread Ushtari made? because Albanians in general consider themselves the descendants of Illyrians. Not the Ancient Greeks.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,604
    Given: 48,333

1 Not allowed!

They didn't left anything significant for civilization so they're jealous

Banned
    Last Online
    11-20-2013 @ 03:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian Turkish
    Ancestry
    Turkish+some Circassian
    Country
    Vatican
    Religion
    Follower of Jesus Christ, our lord and savior, our light in the dark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

Inferiority complex of Albanians of course.

Actually civilization or cradle of civilization began in the middle-east with Sumerians, Babylonians, and so on. I don't see the people who live there claiming ancient people although they are probably related to them.

I don't know why Balkanites are always doing this.They all fight with each other for exclusivity on history. Actually the modern day Greeks were granted all the history by British to create their modern identity in 19th century. I guess the other Balkanites felt left out and that is the source of their butt hurt. That is my theory IMHO.

I think it is great source of entertainment. Albanians versus Greeks versus Macedonians versus who knows what. All Alexander the Great's on a horse. Why not only one Alexander on horse? Why not 3 or 4 to make everybody happy?

Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 69

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoca View Post
    Actually civilization or cradle of civilization began in the middle-east with Sumerians, Babylonians, and so on. I don't see the people who live there claiming ancient people although they are probably related to them.
    They have lost contact with them a long time ago. They don't speak their language and they don't have any cultural connection to them whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoca View Post
    I don't know why Balkanites are always doing this.They all fight with each other for exclusivity on history. Actually the modern day Greeks were granted all the history by British to create their modern identity in 19th century. I guess the other Balkanites felt left out and that is the source of their butt hurt. That is my theory IMHO.
    Actually Greeks can claim the ancients and the Byzantines more than any other people in the world. Why do neo-Turks claim the Ottoman empire for themselves? It was a multikulti empire after all, and most of the Sultans and important people were not original Turks to begin with...

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

2 Not allowed!

Here are some obsolete theories:

Caucasian theory

One of the earliest theories on the origins of the Albanians, now considered obsolete, identified the proto-Albanians with an area of the Caucasus referred to by classical geographers as "Albania", which roughly corresponds with modern-day Azerbaijan. This theory supposed that the ancestors of the Albanians migrated westward to the Balkans in the late classical or early Medieval period. The Caucasian theory was first proposed by Renaissance humanists who were familiar with the works of classical geographers, and later developed by early 19th century French consul and writer François Pouqueville. It was rendered obsolete in the 19th century when linguists proved that Albanian is an Indo-European, rather than Caucasian language.

Pelasgian theory

Another obsolete theory on the origin of the Albanians is that they descend from the Pelasgians, a broad term used by classical authors to denote the autochthonous inhabitants of Greece. This theory was developed by the Austrian linguist Johann Georg von Hahn in his work Albanesiche Studien in 1854. According to Hahn, the Pelasgians were the original proto-Albanians and the language spoken by the Pelasgians, Illyrians, Epirotes and ancient Macedonians were closely related. This theory quickly attracted support in Albanian circles, as it established a claim of predecence over other Balkan nations, particularly the Greeks. In addition to establishing "historic right" to territory this theory also established that the ancient Greek civilization and its achievements had an "Albanian" origin.[94] The theory gained staunch support among early 20th century Albanian publicists.[95] This theory is rejected by scholars today.

Italian theory

Laonikos Chalkokondyles (c. 1423–1490), the Byzantine historian, thought that the Albanians hailed from Italy.[97] The theory has its origin in the first mention of Albanians, made by Attaliates (11th century): "... For when subsequent commanders made base and shameful plans and decisions, not only was the island lost to Byzantium, but also the greater part of the army. Unfortunately, the people who had once been our allies and who possessed the same rights as citizens and the same religion, i.e. the Albanians and the Latins, who live in the Italian regions of our Empire beyond Western Rome, quite suddenly became enemies when Michael Dokenianos insanely directed his command against their leaders..."[98]
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    11-20-2013 @ 03:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian Turkish
    Ancestry
    Turkish+some Circassian
    Country
    Vatican
    Religion
    Follower of Jesus Christ, our lord and savior, our light in the dark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kabeiros View Post
    They have lost contact with them a long time ago. They don't speak their language and they don't have any cultural connection to them whatsoever.
    So you say the middle-eastern people lost continuation. Well, the Balkanites also lost continuation. There is no continuation with Illyrian and Albanian people. Or Ancient Macedonian and Modern Macedonian. Or Ancient Greek and Modern Greek. Ancient Greeks were conquered by Roman empire, massacred, raped and assimilated. Yes, parts of Greek culture influenced Roman empire, but there are absolute no direct descendants of Ancient Greeks anywhere.

Actually Greeks can claim the ancients and the Byzantines more than any other people in the world. Why do neo-Turks claim the Ottoman empire for themselves? It was a multikulti empire after all, and most of the Sultans and important people were not original Turks to begin with...
    There is continuation in Turkish history. Turks are one of the few people in the world with continuation in their history. There is no disconnection in our history. Sultans were all Turk but some took foreign women. All Sultan can trace their male linage to Osman, the guy who established Ottoman dynasty and was air to the Byzantine empire too. Before Ottoman empire we had 5 other empires stretching back two thousand years or even more. Only the Turks and the Chinese have continuation in their history.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,266