Page 500 of 571 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5702

Thread: Football Thread

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

1 Not allowed!

I have the opinion that if the final match (only the final one) ends in a tie after the prolongation, the match should be repeated 4 days after.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

3 Not allowed!

England have done well with Southgate. He's taken the team from one which maybe reaches the last 16 or quarters, sometimes even being knocked out in group stages, to getting to the semis of the world cup, third place in the nations league, and 2nd place in the Euros, all in the row. That's consistent and incremental improvement. Issue is he is too afraid to utilize the great attacking talent England have; scoring an early goal then hoping to defend for 88 minutes against Italy is a joke. Anyway, hopefully England can do well next year at Qatar.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    Yes, I was surprised with his choice of players for the penalties too. 19, 21 and 23. Way too young for such pressure.
    I think that's no excuse. The italian goalkeeper is 22 and the english players have been playing at the highest level for years, especially Rashford.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

2 Not allowed!

Yes, England overperformed overall, yes, we're so much better than 5 years ago, yes, we were a young team...

...and yes, parking the bus was a terrible idea, and yes, that game was winnable and we lost.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

6 Not allowed!

Teams that score a very early goal often go on to 'park the bus' and lose the game. You see it often

Last Online
    10-19-2022 @ 12:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    54% England, 22% Scotland, 10% Ireland, 6% Wales, 6% Sweden and Denmark, 2% Norway
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-M222 (NW Irish)
    Taxonomy
    Faelid
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!

Italy did play better in the 90 minutes and definitely deserved the win. The guy who mentioned park the bus tactic going wrong so frequently is spot on. The early Shaw goal got us too comfortable.

And the penalties....Rashford has lacked confidence all season hes even mentioned it himself on his Instagram post he put out tonight so there's no surprise he missed.

Things do look promising for Qatar 2022 I guess.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Damiăo de Góis View Post
    I think that's no excuse. The italian goalkeeper is 22 and the english players have been playing at the highest level for years, especially Rashford.
    It's easier for the goalkeeper than the ones shooting. Donnarumma is a beast That only goal happened when he was just warming up. And they had the pressure of never won before and the home "disadvantage", it's coming home . Italians played with 22 players this tournament, England didn't have as much talent. The stronger team won and I am sure Italy will beat them again next year.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Player of the tournament, the first time for a goalkeeper

Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,518
    Given: 8,746

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    It's easier for the goalkeeper than the ones shooting. Donnarumma is a beast That only goal happened when he was just warming up. And they had the pressure of never won before and the home "disadvantage", it's coming home . Italians played with 22 players this tournament, England didn't have as much talent. The stronger team won and I am sure Italy will beat them again next year.
    i dont think Italians are a much better team- they struggle against teams who can pressure them and play physical- they struggled against us for one half and they struggled against Spain for almost 90 minutes.
    England lacked (again) 1-2 creative midfielders (Phillips was good but they need more), they have too much of the same- too much wing backs and wingers. Southgate cannot use Grealish a bit if you ask me and overall the attacking is too simple.
    On the other side the game changed completely when Immobile was out, Insigne as a false nine worked much better. England lost the game in the 2nd half really, they should have come up with an answer after the equalizer but they rely too much on Sterling/Kane doing something up front while they let Italians have the ball. Southgate should have went for victory before and not putting players in exclusively for the penalty shoot out.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    i dont think Italians are a much better team- they struggle against teams who can pressure them and play physical- they struggled against us for one half and they struggled against Spain for almost 90 minutes.
    England lacked (again) 1-2 creative midfielders (Phillips was good but they need more), they have too much of the same- too much wing backs and wingers. Southgate cannot use Grealish a bit if you ask me and overall the attacking is too simple.
    On the other side the game changed completely when Immobile was out, Insigne as a false nine worked much better. England lost the game in the 2nd half really, they should have come up with an answer after the equalizer but they rely too much on Sterling/Kane doing something up front while they let Italians have the ball. Southgate should have went for victory before and not putting players in exclusively for the penalty shoot out.
    Italy has won the last 37 games. k

Page 500 of 571 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550 ... LastLast

Thread Information