Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

These were taken some time last week. Crops are progressing well, but starting to suffer from the intense heat and lack of rain now though.

Bin potatoes

The cheap roses I planted last winter haven't done too good, not many survived, but the few that have are looking quite nice now, I'm surprised.

I keep harvesting the peas, the pods vary from well filled to disappointingly spacious.

Raspberry canes are producing a few raspberries. The canes are young though, so not much this year. The raspberries are of good quality though, I'll move the canes to a better location in the winter.

The tomato plants sort of got dumped in a corner by the house, but they're ripening tomatoes well now. It's a constant battle to keep them watered though, tomatoes drink loads.

Shelling peas to freeze them. I'm freezing them until the plants stop producing and I have a good amount to use. Next year I may grow mangetout peas and french beans to eat in the pods. A bumper crop of pods is generally only a modest crop of peas once they're de-podded, wasting the pods makes peas much less productive and is such a waste.

Broad bean plant is starting to produce pods at last. It shall be interesting to compare it to the peas. So far it has required very little intervention, it hasn't required support like peas and hasn't been as sprawling or ready to wilt if under watered. The beans do require more processing though before they can be consumed.

Potatoes flowering

Hydrangea coming back from the dead.

Rhubarb grew a bit too fast in the hot weather. It'll try to flower soon, and I'll stop it.

What I do with the pea pods

A bamboo that I'm bringing back from the dead. Got poisoned with highly alkaline water at a garden centre during winter, died back to the roots and I've grown it from there. Cost me nothing, but should be worth a decent amount soon.

My first grape vine, flowering at last. Hopefully it'll produce some fruit this year... Looks like it needs some nitrogen, but feeding it at this stage could shatter (kill) the flower clusters, resulting in now crop.

A Russian grape variety I acquired in winter. Started off weak, but is doing nicely now. A lovely little plant.

My current three grape vines. On the left is my newest variety, an American seedless dessert grape, followed by a Russian seedless dessert and finally the European wine grape. I plan on getting more in the winter, putting the vines in a permanent spot in the ground and maybe getting rid of the European wine grape.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,737
    Given: 17,040

0 Not allowed!

It's so great to see the progress Albion!!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-17-2023 @ 08:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Maltese
    Country
    Malta
    Religion
    Zen