Thread: I am now listening to ...

Parcere subiectis, debellare superbos. gıulıoımpa's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-02-2023 @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian(50% Campania-25% Piedmont 25% Ciociaria/m.lepini), plot slightly West of Abruzzo (x534 y390)
    Ancestry
    3/4 Southern Italy+ 1/4 Northwestern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    J-L26 -(J2a1 ------> J-PF5197)
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Med(Berid-like)+Dinaric .Skull shape similar to:Sutz eneolithic skull
    Politics
    Pragmatism should prevail. I pick the better fruits from left and right. Issues must be faced.
    Hero
    Every intellectually honest person. I'll be precise with people who act precisely.
    Religion
    Agnostic. I appreciate some aspects of religion(s) .I despise others and who feels entitled by them
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,377
    Given: 3,153

0 Not allowed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Larali View Post
    Such a sad story. My best friend in college went to the hospital and I remember how traumatic that was for her.

Have you seen Korn? I saw them in 2002 or so, it was wild.
    Hi, I've never seen Korn perform live and I only know that one song by them which the Croatian female showed to me.

I'm sorry for your friend. (Hospital is traumatic because you're feeling at your most fragile and vulnerable, and suddenly you're surrounded by some very loud and crazy people who threaten to hurt and kill others, smash chairs and plates at the dinner table, are volatile and unpredictable, urinate and defacate on the floors, walk around with no clothes on, bang and shout all night, etc. It's a scary environment and I didn't find it therapeutic.

The nurses act more like security guards than nurses. Some of them struggled to speak and understand clear English. The African male nurses walk into the female patients rooms even when you're in the shower... they switch the lights on every hour at night over your bed to check you've not harmed yourself. It's a routine procedure that disturbs your sleep.... so you need sleeping pills to get any sleep with other patients banging and shouting at night. They monitor where you are every hour of the day and night. They don't let people have cigarette lighters, coathangers, phone chargers, etc.

They check all your pockets and clothes and bags upon entry, and they won't even let you keep your phone charger (risk of strangling yourself.) They check under your tongue that you've taken your pill. They sometimes accidentally give you the wrong pill in the morning (sleeping pill.)

Some of the nurses provoke the patients to get a reaction. A Finnish patient suddenly lost his temper to an African-Indian male nurse who was a nasty piece of work as he bullied a lot of patients. He ended-up being thrown to the floor and injected whilst I saw that bully nurse laughing.

My Croatian friend said she was crying about her dead son to a doctor on her ward one day, and the psychiatrist was drunk. There was a lot of complaints from patients about that drunk doctor. Luckily I never met that Dr.

You don't know when you're able to leave as they don't give you a set leaving date initially. Patients are made to feel like criminals, when it's supposed to be a 'therapeutic environment.'

It takes about 2 weeks upon being hospitalised for the initial shock, bewilderment, confusion, anxiety, and fear to subside. It takes a while for the medication to start working, and then years of therapy and counselling sessions. I've been taking prescribed medication for years, but have managed fine in life without antidepressant pills for several months now. I know the warning signs of a relapse.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-11-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Dave Gahan (in the English dark electro band Depeche Mode) was placed in a strait-jacket and was hospitalised in the US after his numerous overdoses and suicide attempts... has now made a full recovery.

'Out of your weaknesses you will find your strengths.' Freud.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-29-2018 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Region
    Finnmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,937
    Given: 2,460

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Hi, I've never seen Korn perform live and I only know that one song by them which the Croatian female showed to me.

I'm sorry for your friend. (Hospital is traumatic because you're feeling at your most fragile and vulnerable, and suddenly you're surrounded by some very loud and crazy people who threaten to hurt and kill others, smash chairs and plates at the dinner table, are volatile and unpredictable, urinate and defacate on the floors, walk around with no clothes on, bang and shout all night, etc. It's a scary environment and I didn't find it therapeutic.

The nurses act more like security guards than nurses. Some of them struggled to speak and understand clear English. The African male nurses walk into the female patients rooms even when you're in the shower... they switch the lights on every hour at night over your bed to check you've not harmed yourself. It's a routine procedure that disturbs your sleep. They monitor where you are every hour of the day and night. They don't let people have cigarette lighters, coathangers, phone chargers, etc.

They check all your pockets and clothes and bags upon entry, and they won't even let you keep your phone charger (risk of strangling yourself.) They check under your tongue that you've taken your pill twice each day. They sometimes accidentally give your the wrong pill in the morning (sleeping pill.)

Some of the nurses provoke the patients to get a reaction. A Finnish patient suddenly lost his temper to an African-Indian male nurse who was a nasty piece of work as he bullied a lot of patients. He ended-up being thrown to the floor and injected whilst I saw that bully nurse laughing.

My Croatian friend said she was crying about her dead son to a doctor on her ward one day, and the psychiatrist was drunk. There was a lot of complaints from patients about that drunk doctor. Luckily I never met that Dr.

You don't know when you're able to leave as they don't give you a set leaving date initially. Patients are made to feel like criminals, when it's supposed to be a 'therapeutic environment.'

It takes about 2 weeks upon being hospitalised for the initial shock, bewilderment, confusion, anxiety, and fear to subside. It takes a while for the medication to start working, and then years of therapy and counselling sessions. I've been taking prescribed medication for years, but have managed fine in life without antidepressant pills for several months now. I know the warning signs of a relapse.)
    Yeah. It was my fault she got sent there, too. I made her go to the emergency room after a suicide attempt and they Baker acted her.

I can imagine that was a very scary experience, Lily. Thanks for sharing.

Ülev

1 Not allowed!

Allez les bleus, on est tous avec vous ---> https://youtu.be/9ku9s0CKbpY

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

American Gothic Queen, history buff on Victorian English society, a choir singer, classical viola player, a violinist, harpsichord player, etc, Emily Autumn.

(She was raped multiple times in her childhood and she's diagnosed with Manic Depression (Bipolar) and was sectioned into a hospital once. She has a tattoo on her arm with her hospital patient number on it as she said she was treated like 'just a number' in hospital, rather than a human with feelings. She said she had to write her songs with crayons on paper as the hospital wouldn't let her have a pencil or pen.)

'I would give anything for a cure for my illness.' Emily Autumn. She makes a lot of poetry and songs about Victorian era asylums. She wants her music to make others aware that they're not alone, even though many unwell people feel isolated and afraid to speak about their illnesses because of the stigmas in society.

That's mostly what the doctors and nurses say in hospital 'take the pill' and 'get back in the medication queue/line'.

'Take the pill that keeps you quiet... take the pill that makes you feel sick... take the pill that kills your sex drive... you no longer rule your body... you no longer own those rights.... you will wake up when we say so... you will sleep when we shut out the lights.... best that you're not procreating... best that you don't multiply... better still, let's sterilise you... take this pill... the doctor's standing by.... that's all you've got to lose... that's funny. Pull down your skirt... and yes, it's going to hurt. Well I'm a doctor and you're just a crazy f*ckin' bitch! Who will you believe?' 'Just be careful what you say.... today could be your day...'

Beautifully sung. I also like her song 'Tea Will Rock You!' and 'Is It My Body?'

Emily features tea and comedy during her live performances and she likes to include the audiences as being 'at one' with her, rather than mere spectators, as well as fire-eaters and fire-dancers... and live performances with her pet rats.

Awesome firedancing by the female 'Maggots' at 0:53 'What is a day without a blessed night? And what is peace without a blessed fight? The obession with death... the obsession with death... becomes a way of life.'
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-11-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Emily (an asexual due to her medications) invented the music genre 'Victoriandustrial'. She incoporates her spoken poetry and her love of Victorian England with her violin and harpsichord playing.

'No flat E strings for you... only the best for my audiences.' Emily Autumn, classical violinist, viola player and harpischord player. I like her songs 'Manic Depression', 'Mad Girl', 'Thank God I'm Pretty', 'Gentlemen Aren't Nice,' 'Crazy Why He Calls Me', etc.

'I want my innocence back... or I will cut you down... you'll pay for this, I swear.'

3:30 Emily crying out 'God help me' over and over and over... but he doesn't answer.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-11-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I love this short piece of Victoriandustrial poety/music. (Emilie is a huge fan of Shakespeare.)

1:52 'If he says he loves you... perhaps he loves you now...' gunshots.

Such an angelic singing voice. She plays the violin and harpsichord beautifully too.

Emilie and her beloved pet rats... multi-talented musician Emilie created the song 'The Rat Game'. Emilie has been around much longer than Lady Gaga.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

2:18 Emilie puts an audience member in his place. "You're in my house now bitch! I would ask you to spell it, but I don't think you could."

'Classical music rocks... it's the best!' Emilie Autumn.

Page 3798 of 6688 FirstFirst ... 2798329836983748378837943795379637973798379938003801380238083848389842984798 ... LastLast

Thread Information