Thread: North Koreans 'back Scottish independence because of fondness for Scotch whisky'

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

0 Not allowed!

Default North Koreans 'back Scottish independence because of fondness for Scotch whisky'

North Koreans 'back Scottish independence because of fondness for Scotch whisky'

"North Koreans back Scottish independence because they like to savour Scotch whisky, officials have said.

The secretive state – isolated from almost all of the West – would be willing to enter trade agreements with Scotland if it votes to leave the UK next week, it was claimed.

Choe Kwan-il, who is managing editor of the Japan-based pro-North Korea Choson Sinbo newspaper told The Telegraph: “I think that independence would be a very positive thing for Scotland.

“I believe that every person has the right to be a member of an independent nation, to have sovereignty, to live in peace and to enjoy equality.

“And I believe that a majority of Scots feel the same and will vote for independence.”

Mr Choe added: “I believe independence will be positive as it will encourage personal exchanges and provide both countries with business chances.

“North Korea is rich in natural resources and we like the taste of Scotch whisky, so we can be beneficial to each other.”

So Chung-on, director of the International Affairs Bureau of the General Association of Korean Residents of Japan, an organisation with close ties to Pyongyang, said: “The result will be very important and if the Scots do vote to become independent, then North Korea will be prepared to respond to that.

Source: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/north...y-9726910.html

Banned
    Last Online
    09-20-2014 @ 10:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pecht
    Ethnicity
    Vacomagi
    Country
    Venezuela
    Region
    Nunavut