I'm trying to do more genealogy for Mrs. Seuth, especially about her Prussian ancestry. Basically, I need to find out where "Brisen, Prussia" and "Thieberg, East Prussia" are. For "Brisen" or "Briesen" I find about 15 different possible locations throughout former German territories now located in Poland. For "Thieberg" I get the exact opposite problem...can't find anything.

BRIESEN

A man whose surname was PHILLIPS immigrated to the US around 1853 and lists his place of birth as "Brisen", "Prussia", and then just "Germany" on consecutive census forms. It may be helpful to note that many of the people living near him were also from Prussia and even some were from "Brisen" as well. His wife's maiden name was ROSAR and she came about 1860. She, too, was born in "Brisen".

I found an incredibly helpful site that allows me to find old German town names and what their new Polish names are.
Results for "Briesen":
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
And here you can see the one result for "Brisen".
In these links you will find the German name, the Polish name, Kreis/County, German and Polish province, longitude/latitude, and a nice Google map position of the place. Most of these places changed German "Briesen" to Polish "Brzezno". I know this may be impossible figure out, but I thought it might be worth a try to see if any of our Polish or German members would be able to narrow it down.

THIEBERG

A man whose surname was GRABOWSKI (I know, obviously some Polish in there too) arrived from "THIEBERG, OSTPR." about the year 1892. His wife's surname was HERMAN. She was also from Thieberg. On census records they simply list "Germany" as their place of birth, but when they left Hamburg, Germany "Thieberg, Ostpr." is written. Also, when they arrived in New York City "Prussia" is listed as their birthplace.

Any help is appreciated.

PS. I just looked and link #8 seems impossible to be a match. It was named Briesen in German but it falls outside of Prussian territory, I believe. The more options I can knock out the better.